Best transportation from airport to Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

KathyG/poohbear

Can I give everyones/someones opinion on the best mode of transportation from the airport to Disney Resort.

In September we used Tiffany's Towncars and it was fine but I was just wondering what service most people use or if they rent cars?

Any & all opinions appreciated. Thanks.

conntom

I go by Mears its ok at least its cheap but if you dont like
other people with you from other hotels dont go by Mears.
I dont mind it. ITs a fast trip.:)

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I hadnt had a bad experience with Mears until my trip in October. I think it depends completely on the driver that you get. This particular guy went literally to the opposite side of Disney to double back to get to PO Riverside. it took about 1 hour and 20 minutes!!! Considering you are about 1/2 hour away (give or take) that is BAD!!! On the way home however there was no problem. In most cases time isnt a factor for me. I dont mind going to other stops first, except when I have to meet up with other people which in October I did!!! Just my 2 cents worth. Belle

Upvote 0

Sherm00

Rent a car. rent it for the week or however long your stayig then you don't always have to rely on other transportation. say if you want to go off disney property for any reason, or just to have a relaxing drive. Some times a trip to walmart becoms a neciessary.

Upvote 0

mousefan17

When I went in July there were 6 of us, so it was just about the same to get a limo than do Mears. So we used Happy Limo (www.happylimo.com, and we had used a coupon from www.mousesavers.com) it was awesome. the service was great, the limo was gorgeous, and HUGE! it was a brand new 2002, and overall, it made the begininng of the trip that much better, and the ending not as hard :(, because who ever actually wants to leave!

Also, we were able to stop at a grocery store to pick up some bottles of water for when we were at the hotel, (Port Orleans), and one thing that we didnt realize until we got home, was the soda in the limo is complimentary, atleast it was. My dad had told us, dont even think about asking for one, because they are probably like $4 each, But when we got home, i found out that they were free! to bad!

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by Sherm00
Rent a car. rent it for the week or however long your stayig then you don't always have to rely on other transportation. say if you want to go off disney property for any reason, or just to have a relaxing drive. Some times a trip to walmart becoms a neciessary.

We did that once and never touched it the entire time. But you are right- if we wanted to get off property we'd rent one for sure.

Upvote 0
One of our trips to Disney we used Tiffany Towncar. It was wonderful, no complaints. We had the same driver both ways. My husband and the driver talked sports the whole ride!:D

We also had the choice to stop at the store, but we didn't need to. We're on vacation and budget to pay the higher prices. After all, that's what vacation is! ;)

Upvote 0

Ronald-Ruck

Account Suspended
OH REALLY???

It seems the "wonderful" Tiffany Towncar has this said about them on the Better Business Bureau:

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unanswered complaint(s).

WHEREAS, Happy Limo had this about them on the BBB website:

Customer Experience

Any complaints processed by the Bureau in its three-year reporting period have been resolved. The number and type of complaints are not unusual for a company in this industry.

So, it's great to promote someone because you're getting kickbacks, (kunsultant) but tell it like it is, and don't bad mouth the competition if what you say is a lie!

-grrr

Upvote 0
I am new to this board and overall, posting on boards period.
I have to say that Ronald - Ducks post confuses me. Is this a remark against my comment on Tiffany Towncar?

I only gave my personal experience, I don't care what BBB says about them or anyone else.

Again, Is this a post directed to me? I'm not pushing a service one way or another.

So please clarify.
Thanks!

Upvote 0

Mitzer

I use the towncar service to and from the airport each time we go to Disney. Mears was my favorite for a long time, until the driver showed up 45 minutes late and we almost missed our plane. Excuse, he had to stop and get gas :confused: . Tiffany we tried twice and had similar experiences with and when we called the reservation department to voice our concern, they didn't seem to care. Last two trips we have used YourRide and been absolutely pleased. These are just our experiences. I know for a fact that the Towncars with Mears are leased and they call the next available driver when your reservation comes up...that is why I think we had such a bad experience. They aren't "corporate" paid drivers...so now we know. Tiffany, they just didn't care one bit and I spoke with the owner back then. So I think they all have their faults, it just depends on who you get as a driver and who you talk to on the phone if you have a problem...but in all YOUR RIDE has been outstanding. Wouldn't hesitate to use them over and over. Thanks Pam for steering me in their direction!

Upvote 0

Ronald-Ruck

Account Suspended
solly for the confusion

Oh no! not you! Hearing people's experiences is very important and quite frankly, means more to me than the BBB also! I had a question about Happy Limo, and Konsultant responded saying they know the BBB rates them poorly. So I checked it out and found that not to be the case. That kinda ticked me a bit. I don't mind honest opinions, heck, that's why we're all here! But not innacurate reporting. Maybe it was an old BBB web page, I dunno.
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.
So solly for any confusion!
-r

Upvote 0
I still stick to my orginal feelings on Tiffany Towncar service. I am not here to push one service over another, as maybe some would be.

I'm not sure how to understand this board and can't figure if the comments are directed to me or not.

I can say Tiffany Towncar had a polite driver and he was on time. That was my experience. My uncle also used them and found them to be a professional, as well. My brother decided to "keep it in the family" and try them in 2000, he was very happy too. So there's 3 in one family that used them over a couple years. They can't be all that bad! Anyway----

Now, I never used the other services so I can not compare, but I do not like coming on here and read someone "mocking" my posts. "Oh really this 'wonderful' tiffany towncar" Or to read all these put downs about other companies.
Or how someone will post just to promote a company they will profit from.
I guess this posting is not for me.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Horizons38

Premium Member
I am very glad to learn about YOURRIDE, we did not know before and always used Mears, and what a nightmare ! Countless times it took longer with them to get to our resort then it took us to get to Orlando from Pa ! Wait at the airport, then going around the airport to pick up more passengers, then finally on our way, stopping at 3-4 different spots(wich i understand), then finally arrive ! I will definitely use YOURRIDE on our next trip ! Thanks all !:)

Upvote 0
Oh Ruck, I am so sorry!

I told you I have a hard time following and understanding this board. :hammer:

But you did say a bad thing about Tiffany towncar in your post and I felt it was directed to me.

Please forgive me!

I'm giving up this posting before I dig myself too deep.

I feel awful! :(

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

Never used the services

We always get rental cars, to be more specific---- convertible's 1st trip was a mustang, second trip was camaro, and the third trip was a eclipse spider. If you are like us you want to go where you want when you want (on or off property). Also you do not have to deal with to much B.O. and I will be honest folks. There are a lot of people who have net met mr. stick, mrs. rollon or there family the deoderants.:lol:

Upvote 0

Ronald-Ruck

Account Suspended
ah! smelly people in disney!

Have you been to disneyland paris?!! Ah! Talk about no roll-on!They smell veddy bad! Whole park smell like butt! Then again, so do whole country!:hurl:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom