Best Table Service Dining Options for Disney Dining Plan???

Ok, so, I will be staying at Disney for 5 nights which means 5 table service restaurants that I can stay at. I need to know which ones you think are the best and worth the table service usage in the dining plan. They have to offer using the Disney Dining Plan. The following restaurants use up two credits or two table service meals: Jiko-The Cooking Place, Flying Fish Cafe, Calofornia Grill, Holywood Brown Derby, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue, Citricos, Narcoossee's, The Spirit of Aloha, Artist Paint, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Cinderella's Royal Table. I was thinking about Cinderella's Royal Table, but I am not sure if it would be worth spending the extra Table service meal on. However, the idea of dining in the castle does sound pretty nice. :) Thanks!!! ;)

JTT

Top Table Service;
O'Hana ( a must), Teppen Edo, Coral Reef, Be Our Guest, Chef De France, Akershu (it has the princesses), Primetime Cafe, Kouzina, Garden Grill.
I won't do a 2 table service again because there are so many 1 service restaurants that are as good or better.

Upvote 0

Mukta

It really depends what kind of food you like. I really enjoy Sanaa for a 1 point restaurant.
I suggest looking through menus/pics and seeing what food/atmosphere appeals to you.

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
Top Table Service;
O'Hana ( a must), Teppen Edo, Coral Reef, Be Our Guest, Chef De France, Akershu (it has the princesses), Primetime Cafe, Kouzina, Garden Grill.
I won't do a 2 table service again because there are so many 1 service restaurants that are as good or better.
Yeah, I remember last time I went to Disney World, I had Breakfast at O'Hana, and it was SO GOOD!!!

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

California Grill is terrific, it will be shut down for six months starting I think in January so if you go during that time you are out of luck. We had a very good meal at Mama Melrose's last trip too despite the ups and downs in the reviews of it we thought it was very good.

Also, I have always thought Biergarten does not get the respect it should. Yes, it is a buffet but a darn good one and the atmosphere is great...just my opinion though.

Upvote 0

boilerpicc

For me, the only restaurants that are worth using 2 meals are the California Grill and the Spirit of Aloha. California Grill has really good food, and you can watch the fireworks from the balcony up there regardless of the time that you eat. All you have to do is bring your receipt back. The Spirit of Aloha food is just OK, but the show makes it worth it. Eating in the castle is kind of cool, but I prefer breakfast at Akershus for that kind of thing. It only takes one meal, and you get to see all of the princesses. Plus, I always feel like a rock star when I get to walk back into the World Showcase before it opens. Yak and Yeti's at DAK is really good if you like asian style food. The wonton dessert is awsome. Anything in the World Showcase is good, but I think are a couple of hidden gems. Restaurant Marrakesh has good food and a belly dancing show. And ditto what someone said about the Biergarten. The buffet and the band are both awesome!

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

Ok, so, I will be staying at Disney for 5 nights which means 5 table service restaurants that I can stay at. I need to know which ones you think are the best and worth the table service usage in the dining plan. They have to offer using the Disney Dining Plan. The following restaurants use up two credits or two table service meals: Jiko-The Cooking Place, Flying Fish Cafe, Calofornia Grill, Holywood Brown Derby, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue, Citricos, Narcoossee's, The Spirit of Aloha, Artist Paint, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Cinderella's Royal Table. I was thinking about Cinderella's Royal Table, but I am not sure if it would be worth spending the extra Table service meal on. However, the idea of dining in the castle does sound pretty nice. :) Thanks!!! ;)

Alot of those places are 2 credit expierences so be careful,

The Captains Grill is very good it sits right next to Yachtsman Steakhouse and is only 1 credit.

Mama Melrose at DHS was excellent when we ate there over labor day

Biergarten in Epcot was enjoyable and I generally hate buffets at Disney (exception is breakfast)

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

For two credits its a toss up between Cali Grill & Jiko,but for that one precious credit I would do Via Napoli.Our mezzo metro pizza in July was possibly the best pizza I've ever had the pleasure to eat.;)

Upvote 0

JillC LI

You're gonna get so many differing opinions on this one. What kind of food do yo prefer? Do yo like character meals? I would recommend doing one sit-down character breakfast - we like to do it on our last day before heading out to the airport.

Upvote 0

jharvey

Tusker House for breakfast is a good option at DAK
MK is limited in quality (have not tried BOG yet) but Liberty Tree Tavern is pretty good.
EPCOT is the motherload. Via Napoli is a favorite of ours with tremendous service. Le Cellier is probably the best TS in the parks but will run you two credits. Marrekesh is pretty darn good as well, but read the menu before you book. Personal note on Teppan Edo. If you have ever eaten at a Japanese hibachi styled steakhouse, you have eaten at Teppan Edo.

only other advise is to do what I, and most others, do. Use the dining review section of this site and the Disney food blog to check menus and reviews. Enjoy

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
Tusker House for breakfast is a good option at DAK
MK is limited in quality (have not tried BOG yet) but Liberty Tree Tavern is pretty good.
EPCOT is the motherload. Via Napoli is a favorite of ours with tremendous service. Le Cellier is probably the best TS in the parks but will run you two credits. Marrekesh is pretty darn good as well, but read the menu before you book. Personal note on Teppan Edo. If you have ever eaten at a Japanese hibachi styled steakhouse, you have eaten at Teppan Edo.

only other advise is to do what I, and most others, do. Use the dining review section of this site and the Disney food blog to check menus and reviews. Enjoy
Yeah, I did some research on Teppan Edo, and it didn't really seem like my type of restaurant... I am a big character breakfast person, and looking for either character breakfasts or some good restaurants in the parks. I looked at Chef Mickey's in The Contempo. Did anyone ever stay threre?

Upvote 0

monkeysammich

I've done Chef Mickey's twice now... and we're going again this year. It is especially wonderful if you have kids, the interactions with the characters are wonderful...

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
I've done Chef Mickey's twice now... and we're going again this year. It is especially wonderful if you have kids, the interactions with the characters are wonderful...
Thanks, I had reservations the last time I was in WDW, but I had to cancel them.. It seemed like a really nice place... So far, I was thinking of O'Hana, Via Napoli, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey's, and Citricos.... I am still debating ona few of these, as Coral Reef doesn't have the best reviews, but I like the idea of dining next to the aquarium...

Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

Akerhaus or Tusker house for breakfast....Rose & Crown, Yak and Yeti, Wolfgang Pucks (downstairs only, whatever it is referred too), and Les Chefs for dinner. Must mention Le Cellier lunch until the end of 2012 is only 1 TS credit. Not much hope of getting a ressie now, but it never hurts to go by and ask.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom