Best Table Service Dining Options for Disney Dining Plan???

Ok, so, I will be staying at Disney for 5 nights which means 5 table service restaurants that I can stay at. I need to know which ones you think are the best and worth the table service usage in the dining plan. They have to offer using the Disney Dining Plan. The following restaurants use up two credits or two table service meals: Jiko-The Cooking Place, Flying Fish Cafe, Calofornia Grill, Holywood Brown Derby, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue, Citricos, Narcoossee's, The Spirit of Aloha, Artist Paint, Yachtsman Steakhouse, and Cinderella's Royal Table. I was thinking about Cinderella's Royal Table, but I am not sure if it would be worth spending the extra Table service meal on. However, the idea of dining in the castle does sound pretty nice. :) Thanks!!! ;)

Innkeeper's Club

I looked at Chef Mickey's in The Contempo. Did anyone ever stay threre?
I have been to Chef Mickey's a few times for dinner and the character interaction was always great. However food wise I think their dinner menu has gone down since I last wne there. Athough everyone says their Breakfast buffet is a lot better.

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
I was thinking about going from the Chef Mickey's to The Magic Kingdom, the day we go there, because I have heard that the breakfast was better than their dinner too...

Upvote 0

aw14

My favorites from my experiences:
1. O'Hana (amazing setting and food is awesome)
2. Rose and Crown
3. Boma
4. 50's Primetime
5. Sci-Fi

It does really depend on what you are looking for in a restaurant (i.e. a mixture of ambiance and food?)

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
I have heard good things about the 50s Primetime Cafe, I was thinking about lunch there when I am in Hollywood Studios.... That Brownie Dessert thing looks SOOO GOOD

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
My favorites from my experiences:
1. O'Hana (amazing setting and food is awesome)
2. Rose and Crown
3. Boma
4. 50's Primetime
5. Sci-Fi

It does really depend on what you are looking for in a restaurant (i.e. a mixture of ambiance and food?)
I just really like something with a good athmosphere and some good food, not too picky..

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

My favourites:
1. California Grill (although it is 2 credits of course)
2. Boma
3. Crystal Palace
4. Rose & Crown
5. Wolfgang Puck

We went to Chef Mickey last year and were disappointed with the food - characters were great though.

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
My favourites:
1. California Grill (although it is 2 credits of course)
2. Boma
3. Crystal Palace
4. Rose & Crown
5. Wolfgang Puck

We went to Chef Mickey last year and were disappointed with the food - characters were great though.
I am not quite sure about Chef Mickey's as I hear the characters are great, I am not sure that it is going to overshadow the food, if the food isn't the best...

Upvote 0

jharvey

Yeah, I did some research on Teppan Edo, and it didn't really seem like my type of restaurant... I am a big character breakfast person, and looking for either character breakfasts or some good restaurants in the parks. I looked at Chef Mickey's in The Contempo. Did anyone ever stay threre?
Never tried chef Mickey's. Crystal Palace and Tusker are both worth your time to look into, with Tusker being the better of those Two options.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

If you're considering a breakfast, I'd recommend 1900 Park fare for the somewhat less commonly seen characters and the unbelievable strawberry soup!

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

I am not quite sure about Chef Mickey's as I hear the characters are great, I am not sure that it is going to overshadow the food, if the food isn't the best...

I know, you're quite right. Mickey, Donald, Pluto and co are great but I certainly wouldn't go there again. The food was much better at Crystal Palace, the characters there are Pooh and friends. We love them, but I know some folk prefer Mickey and co.

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
I know, you're quite right. Mickey, Donald, Pluto and co are great but I certainly wouldn't go there again. The food was much better at Crystal Palace, the characters there are Pooh and friends. We love them, but I know some folk prefer Mickey and co.
That's another one I am looking at, I was thinking about possibly the Deluxe Dining option, as you get three meals a day, and you can use any or all of them at table service restaurants.. It seems like I would want to spend more money on food than the regular DIning Plan would cover.. I have a couple weeks to decide though,

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

That's another one I am looking at, I was thinking about possibly the Deluxe Dining option, as you get three meals a day, and you can use any or all of them at table service restaurants.. It seems like I would want to spend more money on food than the regular DIning Plan would cover.. I have a couple weeks to decide though,

We have always had plenty to eat on the regular plan - and had credits left over, but we do go for 2 weeks. Best thing is to have a good look at what they all have to offer, food and atmosphere wise and work out where you will likely choose and the cost. One trouble with the Deluxe plan is the time spent eating and travelling to and from the restaurants. Also the amount of food!

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

For 1TS, we go to Konas, Ohanas dinner, Mama Melrose, Tepan Edo, and Wolfgang Pucks. 2TS we like California grill, cape May character breakfast. It all depends on where you are on a particular day and what you like, throw in QS meals, and you can have everything all around the world. It's a tough decision. We certainly know where not to go though.

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
Than those I mentioned would work. I really LOVE O'Hana and try to get there every time we visit.
I am a Huge fan of O'Hana, although I have never had dinner there, I have only had breakfast, and that was great... I was looking at the restaurants in Hollywood Studios, as I was thinking of a restaurant in each park, and of the TS ones in Hollywood Studios, which ones are worth (if any) going to.. I was looking at Primetime Cafe, but wasn't sure about it. How have you guys enjoyed the Hollywood Studios Restaurants...

Upvote 0

jenji124

In Hollywood Studios I've eaten at Primetime, Sci Fi, and Mama Melrose. I really enjoyed Sci Fi for the atomsphere and Mama Melrose for the food. Primetime was not my cup of tea nothing against it just a personal perference thing.

Upvote 0

islandersfan1

Original Poster
In Hollywood Studios I've eaten at Primetime, Sci Fi, and Mama Melrose. I really enjoyed Sci Fi for the atomsphere and Mama Melrose for the food. Primetime was not my cup of tea nothing against it just a personal perference thing.
Thanks, I have been trying to figure out teh best ones in teh parks so far...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom