Best table restaurants with little ones

kangaand2roos

Original Poster
We obviously plan on a few character meals for our sit down meals but any suggestions of restaurants that aren't character meals, keeping in mind I will have a almost 2 year old and almost 4 year old with me? In other words not too fancy, good food and maybe something that could entertain (like ambience) them for more than 2 minutes.

mouselvrmom

I am a huge fan of the 50s Prime Time Cafe. They have home style food, and the ambience is great. The wait staff is also really entertaining and that helps with the kids. They have a lot to look at, all the neat 50s decorations and there are black and white tvs around for them to watch as well.

tigsmom

Just about all of the restaurants are family friendly, though a few would be better for older kids.

My kids always loved the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL and 'Ohana at the Poly (still do). We always see a lot of kids at the clambake at the Cape May restaurant at the Beach Club, they have great selections for non seafood lovers too as well as a nice kid level food bar for them.

mousefan1972

My kids are the same ages as yours.. they did great everywhere with the exception of Le Cellier.. not sure why? As stated previously you really can't go wrong in WDW because they are so used to young kids. :animwink:

WEDisney

My kids always loved the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL and 'Ohana at the Poly (still do). We always see a lot of kids at the clambake at the Cape May restaurant at the Beach Club, they have great selections for non seafood lovers too as well as a nice kid level food bar for them.

These are your best bets. The kids will love them.

coltow

On out last 2 trips DS was almost 2, then 2 1/2. The non-character places he enjoyed were Sci-Fi (the movie kept him very entertained), Rose & Crown (water seating helped here), Whispering Canyon, Cape May Cafe, and he also did well at ESPN (there's lots of tv's). Hope this helps, make sure to let us know where you decide to go.

BeckyBella

whispering canyon

If you've never been, don't let the name Whispering Canyon fool you! It's loud and rambunctious. Perfect for kids or kids at heart. At any given meal, your kids might participate in the hobby horse parade or get to watch the dads perform "I'm a Little TeaCup". One time when we were there the guys in our party were even treated to 'sunbonnets' made from the industrial-size coffee filters they use. But don't ask for ketchup unless you really, really, really need it.

ThinkTink721

We obviously plan on a few character meals for our sit down meals but any suggestions of restaurants that aren't character meals, keeping in mind I will have a almost 2 year old and almost 4 year old with me? In other words not too fancy, good food and maybe something that could entertain (like ambience) them for more than 2 minutes.
Here are some non-character, non-dinner show places to eat:

Beach Club Resort - Beaches & Cream
Polynesian Resort - Captain Cook's Snack Co.
Grand Floridian Resort- Gaspirilla Grill & Games
POFQ Resort - Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory Food Court
POR Resort - Riverside Mill Food Court; Boatwright's (for b'fast or dinner)
FW - Trail's End
WL - Whispering Canyon

MK - Casey's Corner; Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe'; Peco Bill's Cafe'; Liberty Tree Tavern (for lunch); Main St. Bakery; The Pinocchio Village Haus; Tony's Town Square
Epcot - Electric Umbrella; Sunshine Season Food Fair
MGM - 50's Prime Time Cafe'; Toy Story Pizza Planet; Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre
AK - Restaurantosaurus (for lunch)

DTD - Cap'n Jack's; Ghirardilli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop

Hope this helps!
:D :wave:

slappy magoo

Go to Fort Wilderness and eat at Trails' End. The most affordable buffet dinner on property, with plenty of "comfort food" as well as healthy options. After you eat, you can take the kids to a campfire sing along with Chip & Dale, or a Disney movie outside, and maybe see the Electric Water Pageant on the lake.

Phonedave

I have had mixed luck at the 50's Prime Time. I think it really depends on both the server and the other people in the "room" (you sort of eat in "rooms" of 4-5 tables each)

Some times we have a blast there. Other guests and I were passing notes and trying to get each other in trouble with the server. We both ended up spending time in the corner.

Other times it amounts to "here is you food, better it eat all" and they walk away.

I just asked my 8 year old what her favorite non-character place to eat at WDW is and she replied "that really expensive place, you know in MGM" I said "the Brown Derby" and she said "yes, the food is really good there". Great, my kids like expensive stuff :D Seriously, the Brown Derby deals with kids very well. As long as they don't have a meltdown kids will do good in there too. If you get a booth the server will even bring over a corded phone like in the old Brown Derby in Hollywood and your kids can get a call from Goofy.

-dave

KingStefan

I have had mixed luck at the 50's Prime Time. I think it really depends on both the server and the other people in the "room" (you sort of eat in "rooms" of 4-5 tables each)

Some times we have a blast there. Other guests and I were passing notes and trying to get each other in trouble with the server. We both ended up spending time in the corner.

Other times it amounts to "here is you food, better it eat all" and they walk away.

I just asked my 8 year old what her favorite non-character place to eat at WDW is and she replied "that really expensive place, you know in MGM" I said "the Brown Derby" and she said "yes, the food is really good there". Great, my kids like expensive stuff :D Seriously, the Brown Derby deals with kids very well. As long as they don't have a meltdown kids will do good in there too. If you get a booth the server will even bring over a corded phone like in the old Brown Derby in Hollywood and your kids can get a call from Goofy.

-dave

We've had mixed results with 50's PTC as well. We had a great server who was very interactive, and quite funny. But then it took like 25 min to get ice cream at the end. The server played it up and gave us a big story about Grandma's brusitis making it hard for her to use the ice cream scoop, and that was cool, but by the time it came, we really just didn't even want it anymore.

I'm glad to hear that Brown Derby is family friendly. We're going in a few weeks and were debating about trying it.

Ohana and Wispering are definitely sure things though. Just make sure if you are an adult that you eat all your vegetables at Wispering, though, unless you want to be the center of attention for a few minutes!

LoriMistress

I would suggest the following at each parks:

MK: The Plaza Restaurant or Tony's Town Square is a great restaurant with kids.

Epcot: Le Cellier (would recommend lunch), Marrakesh, or Beingarden (sp?).

MGM: 50's Primetime Cafe and Sci Fi Dine Inn (though, they do play 50's sci fi and horror flicks on the big screen that may frighten your children.)

AK: Tusker House or Rainforest Cafe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom