Best Snacks on DDP? What's your vote?

whizkidcat

Original Poster
What is your favorite snack in all of WDW that you can use on the DDP?
What is the name of the establishment, what park, and how do I get there?
I've never been to WDW and have no idea what snacks are available so I need your help!

Rob562

IMO, without a doubt it's the hand-made ice cream cookie sandwiches!

cid__1209070025.jpg

I prefer to get them at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom (as you have the best chance of getting fresh-from-the-oven cookies there). It's a small window-service place on your right just after you cross the bridge from the Hub.

In addition to Sleepy Hollow, you can also get them at:
-Main Street Bakery in the MK
-Fountainview Ice Cream in Epcot (Innoventions West, facing the big fountain)
-Dino Bite Snacks in Dinoland at Animal Kingdom (on the outside of Restaurantosaurus, near the DVC kiosk).
-I've also heard that they're available in the food courts of the Value resorts, but cannot confirm this. (At least until I'm there in September) ;)

On Main Street and in Dinoland you have the option of chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and sugar cookies. I think Sleepy Hollow it's chocolate chip only, and I don't know about Epcot.

-Rob

abbeysmom

My personal favorite would be Zebra Domes. The only problem with that is that they are only sold at Animal Kingdom Lodge. But it's definately worth the trip there to try them.. Yummy!!!!

My next favorite would be a Dole Whip at Magic Kingdom. It is soft serve pineapple icecream...... uuuummmmmmmmmmmm. Very refreshing.

Then at Epcot anything from the bakery in France or Norway.

Can't think of anything special at HS or AK.....

My personal favorite would be Zebra Domes. The only problem with that is that they are only sold at Animal Kingdom Lodge. But it's definately worth the trip there to try them.. Yummy!!!!

My next favorite would be a Dole Whip at Magic Kingdom. It is soft serve pineapple icecream...... uuuummmmmmmmmmmm. Very refreshing.

Then at Epcot anything from the bakery in France or Norway.

Can't think of anything special at HS or AK.....

We're staying at the AKL in September. I've never had a Zebra Dome. What is it? :slurp:

My favorite are the rice krispy mouse ears on a stick. I don't like the ones that are not on a stick because to me, they taste different. :slurp:

Erin_Akey

My votes:

1. The Napoleon in the bakery in France at EPCOT.....
2. Dole Whip at MK
3. The Tie Dyed cheesecake at the food court at Pop Century
4. The crepe in France

For family snacks:

After a few hours in the pool, my family enjoys going into the food court and getting a box of donuts to share, or a bag of chips and some salsa.

abbeysmom

They are little pastries that have a very thin layer of cake on the bottom and then chocolate mousse on top of that then they are topped with white chocolate then stripped with dark chocolate. They are available at Boma and also you can get 5 for $3.95 or as a snack on the DDP at Mara (the counter service place at AKL) They are the best in with world to me. I have a picture but can't figure out how to get it on here..... :confused:

whizkidcat

Original Poster
More snack votes please!! :)

How about school bread or canoli's.

What is school bread and where do you get it? Also, where is the best canoli in WDW?

I can't even imagine going to WDW without the help given by all the wonderful people on this board!! What a waste of time it would be!!

Thanks to everyone for your help and ideas! And PLEASE keep on posting your vote for your favorite snacks in all of WDW and don't forget to tell us where and how to get there!!

abbeysmom

What is school bread and where do you get it?

It is available at the Norway pavilion bakery. I have never tried it because I am always too full from dinner or either getting ready to go eat dinner. I think next time I might have to get one to go for later........ :slurp: They do look yummy though...

abbeysmom

DOLE WHIPS!!!!!!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Word of warning!!!!!!!!!! Don't eat a Dole Whip and then ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.... It took quite a while to get over that one........ I had to take deep breaths during the whole SpectroMagic parade... LOL :ROFLOL:Boy that would have been a waste......... :veryconfu

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Word of warning!!!!!!!!!! Don't eat a Dole Whip and then ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.... It took quite a while to get over that one........ I had to take deep breaths during the whole SpectroMagic parade... LOL :ROFLOL:Boy that would have been a waste......... :veryconfu

:hurl:

Don't drink a margarita in Mexico and right away ride Mission:Space Orange...

:lookaroun

:lol:

texasteacher

My favorite Disney snack is the orange Citrus Swirl! It is similar to the Dole Whip and can found in MK Adventureland (Sunshine Tree Terrace).
I also love Rice Cream from Kringla's in Norway.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
IMO, without a doubt it's the hand-made ice cream cookie sandwiches!

cid__1209070025.jpg

I prefer to get them at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom (as you have the best chance of getting fresh-from-the-oven cookies there). It's a small window-service place on your right just after you cross the bridge from the Hub.

In addition to Sleepy Hollow, you can also get them at:
-Main Street Bakery in the MK
-Fountainview Ice Cream in Epcot (Innoventions West, facing the big fountain)
-Dino Bite Snacks in Dinoland at Animal Kingdom (on the outside of Restaurantosaurus, near the DVC kiosk).
-I've also heard that they're available in the food courts of the Value resorts, but cannot confirm this. (At least until I'm there in September) ;)

On Main Street and in Dinoland you have the option of chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and sugar cookies. I think Sleepy Hollow it's chocolate chip only, and I don't know about Epcot.

-Rob

The handmade ice cream sandwiches are the best. They are definitely available in the Value resort food courts. Epcot, the resorts, and Sleepy Hollow only have chocolate chip available.

On my last trip I think I had an ice cream sandwich every day that we were there. :slurp:

Magicmyway

Dole Whips... which are now also available at the Polynesian!
Mickeys Ice Cream Bar... available wherever Ice Cream Carts shall be...

We also LOVE using them as our breakfast because it's easy so the pastry shops for the pastry goods: Mainstreet USA magic kingdom, Starring Roles Cafe' Hollywood Studios, never actually ate em in Epcot lol...

Hotdogs

We used our snacks to get cereal and milk for breakfast on the odd occasion. We saved some for Dole Whips and Ice Cream:slurp: and we bought some candy from the Goofy shop at DTD with the snacks we had left over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom