Best Resort Christmas Decorations

deltalove

We are going WDW from Dec. 17 - 22!! We would like to explore different resorts this time around. Which resorts have the best Christmas decorations? Which resorts would you recommend going to see in general? :xmas:

wdwfan4ver

I thought Grand Floridian, Yacht & Beach Club, Contemporary, and Boardwalk had the best decorations out of the deluxe Hotels and thought Port Orleans French quarter had the decorations out of the moderate hotels when I visited the hotels last year during the first week of December.

Upvote 0

EliBraud

I was on the college program back in '06 and I went to almost all the resorts to see the decorations. Wilderness Lodge was my favorite. Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Yacht Club, Beach Club & Boardwalk are all very nice too, in my opinion. Pop Century really isn't bad either, haha, very retro feel.

But yeah, Wilderness is my favorite, hands down.

Upvote 0

hpyhnt 1000

Just echoing what others have said... Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian, Yacht/Beach Club, and Boardwalk are the best bets for nice decorations. Keep a lookout for the gingerbread displays located at each. The Polynesian and Contemporary usually have a nice display set up as well.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Just have to say, the Gingerbread house at GF is really cool (though smaller than I thought it would be), but the gingerbread pieces they sell taste terrible. The pieces are supposed to be shingles from the house, and I reckon they taste like real shingles on a house would.:hurl:

Upvote 0

coachwnh

my favorite is grand floridian, but wilderness lodge is fantastic too. every resort looks great, but i think those two are the best!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We stayed at WL last December. We really enjoyed the decorations at WL (could see the lobby and tree every time we left our room) and AKL was also super nice for decorations/tree; however, the Grand Floridian's decorations took the cake for me...to the point where I wanted to grab some hot cocoa and unwrap a few gifts under the tree. :lookaroun:lol: On the flip side, we were pretty underwhelmed with the Contemporary's decorations.

Upvote 0

DaGoof00

Grand Floridian is gorgeous; although I'm biased as it is my favorite resort. That being said, Wilderness Lodge is a VERY close second! Almost feels like a warm cozy place to be at Christmas time with snow falling outside!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

They all do plenty of decorations, but some really shine. And it depends on what they have to decorate. OKW for instance seemed to be very underwhelming. They don't really have an elaborate common area to set up all sorts of decorations, and really just ended up with some garland and lights on the windows at the check in area. Ditto for the Poly/Contemporary. Not really setup in a manner that works well with lots of decorations. The Poly does a good job, esp at dusk, but the Contemporary really just has the giant Mickey wreath you can see from the monorail, and then their gingerbread tree thing. GF is awesome, WL and AKL are great, all have huge trees and all sorts of decorations. Beach/Yacht/Boardwalk all do some cool display, and have smaller trees. I would recommend doing the loops. Hit up the Epcot resort loop, and then the MK loop making sure to take the boat to WL. If you can throw in AKL as well, do it.

Upvote 0

Flip83

WL, GF, and Beach and Yacht Club are my favorites. WL especially. Polynesian used to be very cool but they don't seem to do much anymore. Contemporary isn't too bad either

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are going WDW from Dec. 17 - 22!! We would like to explore different resorts this time around. Which resorts have the best Christmas decorations? Which resorts would you recommend going to see in general? :xmas:

Some years ago, there was a tv special, I think both on Food Network (hosted by the actress who did That's So Raven) and on Travel Channel about Disney World over the holidays (there have been many shows since then but I haven't seen this one in particular in quite some time). This was like in 2005 or something like that. It went through almost all the resorts and showed which ones do the the chocolate displays for the holidays and the making of the Gingerbread House. When my DH and I went to WDW in Dec of 2006, we went to all the resorts to check them out and see all the decor. In my opinion, several resorts can be skipped b/c they really don't do it up. But the ones we really really liked: Grand Floridian, Yacht Club (Beach Club), Wilderness Lodge, and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

HaggerDisney

They all have a little something different. Aside from the favorites everyone else listed (GF, WL, Yacht and Beach Club), I really enjoyed Coronado (I think someone mentioned that, though). Pop Century doesn't have too much so just check out their lobby/bus stops, but what they have is pretty cool (think DHS-style decor). I really liked the Poly, too, but the Poly is my favorite resort...I'm biased.

Have fun! :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom