Best Resort Christmas Decorations

deltalove

We are going WDW from Dec. 17 - 22!! We would like to explore different resorts this time around. Which resorts have the best Christmas decorations? Which resorts would you recommend going to see in general? :xmas:

dramamama

Just have to say, the Gingerbread house at GF is really cool (though smaller than I thought it would be), but the gingerbread pieces they sell taste terrible. The pieces are supposed to be shingles from the house, and I reckon they taste like real shingles on a house would.:hurl:

Yep, gingerbread is so-so and has dark chocolate on the back. However,
the spice cookies they sell from the gingerbread house shop are amazing!!!

Upvote 0

dramamama

I vote for Boardwalk, AKL, and Contemporary's Gingerbread house. BUT, if you have some time and patience, I recommend going over to Fort Wilderness. Take the bus into the resort (or come in on a boat to the marina from Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, or Magic Kingdom) and go to the Pioneer Hall area. There are beautiful rustic decorations and a neat gift shop. If you have time to ride a bus a few loops around in the campground you will see how many guests decorate their campsite for the holidays. You may even want to try and schedule a night carriage ride there.
Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
WL and GF

If you are feeling frisky then head to Fort Wilderness. People decorate their campers and RVs. That is ALWAYS entertaining to look at!

Upvote 0

PatriciaH

Grand Floridian has the giant gingerbread house and loads of beautiful poinsettias

Wilderness Lodge has a huge tree and feels the most "wintery" of the resorts

Animal Kingdom Lodge has a really interesting tree with ornaments from around the world

We will be there at the same time =) have fun!

Those are my 3 favorites. :xmas:

Upvote 0

heartodisney

picture.php

I HIGHLY suggest taking one afternoon into the night to travel around the resorts to see the decorations! GF is just breathtaking, Cotemporay is not as much as one would think, Swan and Dolphin, nice but hard to get to, Poly was neat..this is a pic from the Boardwalk. This year we of course get to see more of the WL and then AKL due to a dinner ressie at Sanna. Have fun with your excursion!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom