Best Place to Watch Illuminations....?

EPCOT Explorer

My personal favorite spot is the area between Mexico and Norway. This is the view:

DSC00647.JPG
Lovely shot!:D

You want to say on....umm...Sunday around 9ish? :D

Is that when the fireworks start?:lookaroun

My boyfriend and I like to watch out in front of Italy not quite on the island that other people are talking about, but a few feet away from it where the railing jetties out slightly at a curve. That spot just feels nice and cozy to me I guess.

EPCOT Explorer

My boyfriend and I like to watch out in front of Italy not quite on the island that other people are talking about, but a few feet away from it where the railing jetties out slightly at a curve. That spot just feels nice and cozy to me I guess.

That area is great. Right in front of a Perimiter launch, a torch and some speakers, right?:D

Might watch from there...

I love to watch them from the Rose and Crown in England, fish and chips for tea followed by sitting and watching illuminations, uninterupted view from the garden area, and great food too!!!!

disreport

For me, I think the key is finding a spot in line with a speaker. The soundtrack is such an integral part of the show that it weakens the emotional impact if you can't hear it well. Oftentimes, the closer you get to the lagoon the harder it is to hear. BTW, it may be just me, but I think they sound crank up the volume a few notches. I want the beginning bass drum hits to shake the ground.

yankspy

Yep. I know that exact spot. Our tradition is to grab some candy from Germany and just sit and relax and wait for the show to start.

stuart

Rose and Crown at the United Kingdom is certainly the best place. Depending what time of year you are going, to get a table along the wall in the beer garden part you want to be there for 7 - half 7 at the latest if its July and I'd imagine other peak times.

Its a bit of a wait but the chairs are better than the old wooden ones! The best place tho is if u are right at the front of the part roped off for guests inside the R&C. Back when they had tables in that part there were a group of senior CM's showing some people around and said that the seats we had were the best in the house.

Only exception is 4th July when you get a much better view of the fireworks from behind the American Adventure if you are sat by the water in the area on the other side of the R&C just past the fish and chip shop. Would say the rest of the time its the beer garden next to the pub.

Top tip though if you are only going to get to watch it once in your stay is keep tabs on the wind and move opposite to the way its blowing so your view isnt spoiled by the smoke.

diddy_mouse

We had great luck on the steps in Canada. We've also staked out a spot in France a few years ago but I failed to realize that our view of the globe was blocked completely by one of the little islands in the lagoon. Oops...

I'd like to watch from Showcase Plaza at some point in time.

Lee

Adventurer
Best place to watch Illuminations?
Easy.
Sitting in Breathless, parked over by the bridge between UK and France.
Hard to beat.

EPCOT Explorer

But usually makes for good lasers. ;) :p

Simply put, World Showcase Plaza and its surrounding area is the best spot (thats assuming crowds are not a factor though).

I'm hoping for some nice smoke...This year I can enjoy the lasers instead of freaking out and wondering what the heck I was seeing.:lol:

LoriMistress

I prefer the spot between China and Germany. It's a smoking section but I rarely saw anyone smoke a cigarette. Cigarette smoke doesn't bother me, but others may not like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom