Best Place to Watch Illuminations....?

EPCOTPluto

Original Poster
Over previous (and many) trips to the World, we always try to watch Illuminations: ROE. And some areas of interest...

Canada (wheelchair entrance) - nice for the most part, but there's always some CM to shout at people sitting on the nearby ledge.

Showcase Plaza - also nice, but it's hard to see the globe with everyone then holding their kids above their shoulders.

Odyssey (bridge to Mexico) - great, but only if you're sitting on the concrete ledge 8-9 feet above ground. :animwink:

Japan - also great, but also if you're standing at a rather "unusually unsafe" position. :eek:

UK/France cove - perhaps the best area, but was smoky one night...

I know areas like Germany, China, and Outpost have their views blocked by trees....

So any other places of interest that worked pretty well, and doesn't require much time or effort to watch?

elisatonks

Italy there is a little island which is seperated by a bridge, its not always avaliable though as its a popular convention and wedding dessert party spot.

WDWmazprty

We always sit at Mexico behind Cantina de San Angel. We always get there early and get seats. Its a perfect place to see the show with no obstructions.

UK pavillion Rose and Crown restaurant - I used to work there and watch illuminations almost every night. its pretty much the perfect view. But its not always possible to get one and tbh you have to be pretty lucky but your best bet would be to have a table reservation for about 7:30pm. The tables turn very quickly around that time. You can't phone ahead to request a lower deck table as the numbers would be to great for the restaurant to cope. But you will get a great meal anyway....:animwink:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
UK pavillion Rose and Crown restaurant - I used to work there and watch illuminations almost every night. its pretty much the perfect view. But its not always possible to get one and tbh you have to be pretty lucky but your best bet would be to have a table reservation for about 7:30pm. The tables turn very quickly around that time. You can't phone ahead to request a lower deck table as the numbers would be to great for the restaurant to cope. But you will get a great meal anyway....:animwink:
You do not need an outside table to view the fireworks from R&C. They have a roped off area exclusively for their patrons to view illuminations from.

SeaCastle

Last time we watched from between Canada and Showcase Plaza. We also had a spot leaning on a fence in Japan, and we had a pretty good view from what I remember. These spots were grabbed within five minutes of showtime.

Cmdr_Crimson

There's a nice Bench I enjoy over by Odyessy..It faces WS Lagoon and you don't have to deal with the crowds since most of them are going to the center bridge to FW.

ms7479a

My personal favorite spot is the area between Mexico and Norway. This is the view:

DSC00647.JPG

Studios Fan

The area directly across the lake from America Adventure is good. The key to seating is also how quick you want to get out of the park. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom