Best Park Live Entertainment?

MarvelCharacterNerd

There is no greater entertainment at WDW than Festival of the Lion King. Specifically the Tumble Monkeys and the bird dancers/aerialist. That said I'd accept an argument that Voices of Liberty are equally glorious. With Yeehaa Bob close behind them.

Also deserving shout-outs: Dapper Dans, British Revolution, Carol at the pub in EPCOT and the citizens of Main Street.

Oh, and the awesome Harambe Village Acrobats and Tam Tam Drummers are great at AK too!

Red Wench

Original Poster
There is no greater entertainment at WDW than Festival of the Lion King. Specifically the Tumble Monkeys and the bird dancers/aerialist. That said I'd accept an argument that Voices of Liberty are equally glorious. With Yeehaa Bob close behind them.

Also deserving shout-outs: Dapper Dans, British Revolution, Carol at the pub in EPCOT and the citizens of Main Street.
The Festival of the Lion King is one of the best and those two acts you mentioned are spectacular. That brings to mind even though Cirque du Soleil is not really a Disney entertainment company they are also spectacular in what they do.

Kevin_W

Oh, and the awesome Harambe Village Acrobats and Tam Tam Drummers are great at AK too!

Good point. I wasn't thinking of stage shows being included, but FotLK is wonderful. The performers at HDDR are great as well. And the drummers in Japan. And heck, pretty much everyone they hire is top notch. (I never saw the Canadian lumberjacks!)

Kevin_W

I love the Dapper Dans at MK and look for them every time I enter mainstreet. They are very talented.

If you enjoy them, head to Youtube and look for a group called "Main Street" that won the Barbershop Harmony Society's International Quartet Championship in 2017. You might recognize a few faces!

Letteyeti

DiVine at the Animal Kingdom. Not sure if she is still there, but if she is she is something to experience. Also at the Animal Kingdom the Tam Tam Drummers of Harambe are very good and The Viva Gaia Street Band put on a great show too.

wannabeBelle

Great thread!!! Of course Off Kilter was wonderful and they were the first group I was seriously attached to, so they will always have a special place in my heart. The guys in Off KIlter had told me about the beginnings on a new band at that time, called Mulch, Sweat and Shears. I caught them a number of months later and have been following them ever since right up until their final day of performances in the Studios. Those are definitely the top two, but the Voices of Liberty, The Dapper Dans, the Trolley show, and Tarzan Rocks are past and present favorites. The highlight for me was the year I saw Mulch, Sweat & Shears for New Year's at the Studios. Absolutely incredible. This was definitely not from the year I saw them but it was the same idea: Marie

KimoKaneki

My absolute favorite is Candelight Processional but when I’m there during non holiday times it’s Voices of Liberty, Dapper Dans but I do miss Off Kilter!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom