Best moderate hotel???

CREEKWAYNE

I am getting consfused so I can only image what boodsadel is going through. Lets put it to a vote.

Which moderate is the best. Short and simple.:D

orangefan15

You know, this whole thing about which resort is the best is kinda strange. I mean, I voted for POR because I like it the best, but I wouldn't necessarily say its the best moderate resort, its simply the one I like the most. I think all the moderate resorts offer the same basic amenities, and people should choose where they are staying based on what they like and what atmosphere they are going for. Why stay at POR because I voted it as the "best", if you really are coming to Florida thinking about beaches? You see what I'm saying? Go for the theming that interests you the most.

Upvote 0

Mitzer

PO/R

I would have to vote for PO/Riverside. Many reasons...but probably most is that I love the layout of the resort. I like what they offer as far as the food court, the pool, the boats and bikes, etc. Plus, I think I have a soft spot in my heart for the old Dixie because it was the first place I stayed on property.

Upvote 0

ThePhantom

My vote goes to CBR, only because POR's bus service was HORRIBLE to MK and AK. Took me and my freind nearly an hour to get from POR to MK or AK.(either doing TTC or buses) I stayed at CBR 3 years ago and my only complaint was the food court, which has now been fixed. Other than that, the 2 resorts are pretty similar, each is divided into small complexes that house 20-30 rooms and are pretty spread out. They're also both centrally located. I may be heading out to WDW in 2 weeks, and I'll probably stay at CBR. CBR is also closer to DTD, which is a plus if your going to be out there partying late at night...

Upvote 0

SirNim

I have fond memories of POR/DL that really are the basis for my vote... Very surreal just thinking about it... like I really was in the Antebellum South (well, I really was... in Florida... but that's not the point;) )

POR seemed very magical, very romantic, very surreal... key word- SURREAL!! (one of my favorite words!)

CSR is also very nice... I stayed there too, but it seems a little "harsh" you know, when compared to POR... bright colors, not much foliage, a large lake that reflects sunlight, etc. very hot... but nice, nonetheless... I have very fond memories of CSR too...

But POR is very lush, really gets you into that WDW mode, and i don;t know how or why but it does...
which is why I voted for it!

Coronado Springs comes in a close second...:)

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
My Vote goes for PO-FQ...

Fewer Screeching children, nice romantic settings, love the HUGE fountains scattered about, nice wrought iron. Great Food court...
No matter what room you get, you are pretty close to everything...

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Helllllooooo CARIBBEAN BEACH!! The pinnacle, the absolute best!

Gotta show my love and support for the Caribbean!

Stayed there 11 times...
Dixie Landings once, a minor mistake, haha
WDW Dolphin, and even bigger mistake

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by DMC-12
My Vote goes for PO-FQ...

Fewer Screeching children, nice romantic settings, love the HUGE fountains scattered about, nice wrought iron. Great Food court...
No matter what room you get, you are pretty close to everything...

Dont know about the children bit but certainly agree with everything else. Plus - the great boat rides to DTD

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

My fave is Coronado...

1. Beautiful
2. "Away from the hustle and bustle" (meaning that people don't "visit" the resort like the others)
3. Conference goers for the most part...no screaming children
4. Never a wait for a bus
5. Great "nighttime walks" around the lake (with barely ANYONE else around)
6. AWESOME POOL
7. I believe it has the largest hot tub on property.

Upvote 0

rbishop77

I am staying in Caribbean in June. From the pictures I have seen, my decision came easy. However, the strong case for PO FQ is making me second guess my decision. I am already locked in so I am sure I will love it.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

CREEKWAYNE

Original Poster
Originally posted by rbishop77
I am staying in Caribbean in June. From the pictures I have seen, my decision came easy. However, the strong case for PO FQ is making me second guess my decision. I am already locked in so I am sure I will love it.:veryconfu

Welcome rbishop77.:wave: I take great pleasure:D that your first was on one of my threads. CBR is a really nice resort. I am sure you will love it.:) Don't second guess yourself! Your in WDW. You can't go wrong......:sohappy:

7020 minutes and counting....:sohappy:

Upvote 0

SykedOwt

After Months of Absense from these boards I decided to make a Comeback!!!
In Reference to this post I would have to go with Port Orleans - Riverside *cough* dixie landings *cough*. I would say I Coronado is Nice but I like Riversides Quiet Atmosphere more. I've stayed at all 4 and I like CBR the least due to its vast size and its food court layout was more annoying to deal with when I was there...but they have since changed the food court.:hammer:

Upvote 0

feenie

Hello
We have stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter twice now. If you are considering spending any time at Down Town Disney the water taxis are a great way to get there and back!
We like the fact that there are less rooms and therefore less guests! The theme is great!
Good luck choosing

:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom