Best Moderate for a Toddler

WDWFREAK53

Ok...the name of the thread says it all.

My little girl is going to be 2 when we go...and she loves the water. I'm envisioning that we'll be at the resorts a lot more on this trip that I'm use to.

So, which resort has the best pool? Best for little ones? Easiest (quickest) transportation? Any other extras?

See, I've been to all of the moderates...but never experienced them with a toddler or a child...so it's like looking at the resorts with new eyes.

Brandon.

CBR would be a good choice, they have a handful of small parks with slides. And their main pool has the zero entry area. Also to the side of the main pool they have the kid pool/play area with the small slide and such.
the bus stops usually aren't that bad of a walk from the islands. :shrug:

Upvote 0

WDWJedi

TBH...I wouldn't waste the money on a moderate...hit up one of the All Star Resorts...my kids ABSOLUTELY LOVED Movies and they didn't care for Port Orleans when we stayed there...they wanted to leave and go to All Star...plus...we get up and get into the parks early and don't come back except to sleep. So the room is just a place to shut your eyes for the night.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
CBR would be a good choice, they have a handful of small parks with slides. And their main pool has the zero entry area. Also to the side of the main pool they have the kid pool/play area with the small slide and such.
the bus stops usually aren't that bad of a walk from the islands. :shrug:
I would second CBR for a toddler. While it is my least favorite moderate resort due to its size and spread out layout, it has quite a few pros for a toddler.

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
TBH...I wouldn't waste the money on a moderate...hit up one of the All Star Resorts...my kids ABSOLUTELY LOVED Movies and they didn't care for Port Orleans when we stayed there...they wanted to leave and go to All Star...plus...we get up and get into the parks early and don't come back except to sleep. So the room is just a place to shut your eyes for the night.

Thanks for the suggestion but I know we won't be just at the room to shut our eyes. A 2 year old won't be able to last an entire day in the parks so we're planning on a low-key trip with an afternoon nap/pooltime thrown in.

The All Stars are just too crowded and noisy for us...and I've stayed there a few times (as well as Pop...which I prefer).

For "MY" tastes...the list of mod resorts goes:
1. Riverside
2. Coronado Springs
3. Caribbean Beach
4. French Quarter

The more I'm looking into it though...it looks like CBR is the way to go.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it...if it's a place with water, she'll enjoy it whether it's themed to a beach, mayan temple, sea serpent, etc. (The zero-entry pool is a major plus though!)

Oh! Do all of the moderates have marinas? Surrey rentals? etc.?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks for the suggestion but I know we won't be just at the room to shut our eyes. A 2 year old won't be able to last an entire day in the parks so we're planning on a low-key trip with an afternoon nap/pooltime thrown in.

The All Stars are just too crowded and noisy for us...and I've stayed there a few times (as well as Pop...which I prefer).

For "MY" tastes...the list of mod resorts goes:
1. Riverside
2. Coronado Springs
3. Caribbean Beach
4. French Quarter

The more I'm looking into it though...it looks like CBR is the way to go.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it...if it's a place with water, she'll enjoy it whether it's themed to a beach, mayan temple, sea serpent, etc. (The zero-entry pool is a major plus though!)

Oh! Do all of the moderates have marinas? Surrey rentals? etc.?
Yes.

Upvote 0

WDWJedi

To each his own. Everybody wants/needs different things and thats why its nice be be able to choose. We are kinda nutz...we go till we drop...I remember my youngest being asleep in the back carrier. LOL...good times!

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
To each his own. Everybody wants/needs different things and thats why its nice be be able to choose. We are kinda nutz...we go till we drop...I remember my youngest being asleep in the back carrier. LOL...good times!

Hehe, I usually am too. I just know how she gets if she doesn't have her afternoon nap. She's a very "scheduled" baby. If she's stimulated in any way, she won't go to sleep...although if she has quiet for 2 minutes...she's out like a light.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Another vote for CBR! The little pirate ship water play area is really nice! Even if she just wants to sit in the shallow water and splash around. The big/main pool is great with the zero entry. All the little beaches are a nice bonus and my kids loved digging in the sand with their little bucket and shovels.

It is a big resort but I found Jamaica really convienent... it was only a short walk through Caribbean Cay to get to the main pool area, we had a bus stop right next to us (which usually picked us up first depending on the route), and we had a beach and play area next to us as well. I thought it was great!

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

If you go by size, POFQ would be best for a toddler. If you go by pool, CBR would be great for a toddler but it is a huge resort. If you go by taste, they are all great!

Upvote 0

sittle

Ok...the name of the thread says it all.

My little girl is going to be 2 when we go...and she loves the water. I'm envisioning that we'll be at the resorts a lot more on this trip that I'm use to.

So, which resort has the best pool? Best for little ones? Easiest (quickest) transportation? Any other extras?

See, I've been to all of the moderates...but never experienced them with a toddler or a child...so it's like looking at the resorts with new eyes.

... I suppose it depends on how much cash she's willing to shell out... :ROFLOL: j/k..

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
... I suppose it depends on how much cash she's willing to shell out... :ROFLOL: j/k..

All of the moderates are basically the same price...so she can afford them. We're holding off on the Deluxe resorts until she's a little older. (Mainly the AKL).

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Another vote for CBR! The little pirate ship water play area is really nice! Even if she just wants to sit in the shallow water and splash around. The big/main pool is great with the zero entry. All the little beaches are a nice bonus and my kids loved digging in the sand with their little bucket and shovels.

It is a big resort but I found Jamaica really convienent... it was only a short walk through Caribbean Cay to get to the main pool area, we had a bus stop right next to us (which usually picked us up first depending on the route), and we had a beach and play area next to us as well. I thought it was great!

Great to know... Thank you!

(I'm actually surprised nobody has given any props to Riverside or CSR).

Upvote 0

Kaseys412

Great to know... Thank you!

(I'm actually surprised nobody has given any props to Riverside or CSR).

Same here!!! I've stayed at CBR and POR, but have visited many other resorts to dine/walk around... and I just cannot imagine staying anywhere other than POR, that place is just amazing! But to each their own... one of the best things about WDW are the different resorts, literally something for everyone!

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Same here!!! I've stayed at CBR and POR, but have visited many other resorts to dine/walk around... and I just cannot imagine staying anywhere other than POR, that place is just amazing! But to each their own... one of the best things about WDW are the different resorts, literally something for everyone!

So...sell me on it :)

So far, Caribbean Beach seems to be running away with it.

Upvote 0

stargrl33

I have stayed at CBR and POFQ...my vote is for POFQ. CBR is way too big in my opinion and the bus ride seemed to take forever. POFQ is small, you can walk to the cafeteria/pool area in a matter of minutes. Bus stops are convenient and the buses seemed to run more on time. Also, noise level at night was much better at POFQ. Seemed like someone was always screaming outside my door at CBR.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

First of all, Brian I can't believe she's almost 2 already!!!

We stayed at CBR this past December, and frankly, I'd much prefer Pop to that any day. The food court was chaotic, the bus service was awful, and the whole deal with having the "Custom's House" as a seperate building was just inconvenient. We had stayed there many years ago when our kids were little (before the values were built) and had really enjoyed it, but this time we both agreed that we'll never go back there. Save your money and go to Pop, or if you really want a moderate, stick with POR.

JMHO....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom