Best Extinct WDW Foods

mikef

Still miss the chocolate chip cookies from the Gourmet Pantry at the Disney Village - they were the best! Also the brownies that were available at the Main Street Train Station long ago (downstairs by the lockers). Likely better for my health that they're extinct...

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

The old Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café cheeseburgers and FRIES. Keep the tortilla chips and bring back the EPIC Fixin's Bar.

My son worked at Pecos Bill's when he was in the Disney College Program. He told me they downgraded the fixin's bar because of abuse. Apparently people would come in to the restaurant, grab a seat, open up their backpack and pull out a bag of tortilla chips. Then they would proceed to make a very nice nacho plate using the fixin's bar. Quite a money saver for those folks.

I miss Figaro Fries from Pinocchio's. So bad for you, but so good. Especially enjoyable when sitting at the window seats overlooking the Small World ride. My kids loved waving at the riders (and loved smearing that window up with their greasy fingers and faces).

The Plaza restaurant has Plaza Loaded Fries. Close, but not quite the same.

BoarderPhreak

My son worked at Pecos Bill's when he was in the Disney College Program. He told me they downgraded the fixin's bar because of abuse. Apparently people would come in to the restaurant, grab a seat, open up their backpack and pull out a bag of tortilla chips. Then they would proceed to make a very nice nacho plate using the fixin's bar. Quite a money saver for those folks...
Yup, that's precisely what happened. There was just soooo much there for the, err, taking. I do believe they even had guacamole.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Just checked the Wolfgang Pucks menu and the bacon wrapped meatloaf is still on the menu.
That is great!!! It has been gone for several years. It is one of my favorites there. Last time we dined the, they said it was permanently off the menu.

Kevin_W

I miss the German chocolate cupcake from Kusafari. (And in general the WDW cupcakes of 5+ years ago that were bigger/better than what is currently served.)

Also, the red velvet milkshake from 50's Prime Time.

Jonathan Dalecki

I miss the German chocolate cupcake from Kusafari. (And in general the WDW cupcakes of 5+ years ago that were bigger/better than what is currently served.)

Also, the red velvet milkshake from 50's Prime Time.

To be fair, that milkshake could kill a man lol...I'm surprised it didn't come with an FDA warning and a complimentary glow in the dark defibrillator.

CLEtoWDW

No doubt in my mind there are two dishes I miss:

#1: the best dish I’ve ever had at WDW far and away: the Fettuccine Alfredo from L’Oringinale Alfredo di Roma at the Italy’s pavilion in EPCOT. This was the best pasta I’ve ever had and I miss it more than words can describe.

#2: the REAL chicken tenders from Columbia Harbor House. Thanks to a bunch of health nuts Disney was forced to remove all trans fats from their food. This drastically changed the chicken fingers at Harbor House and I’m still salty about it.

Gomer

Seconding the Fettuccine Alfredo from the old Italy restaurant.

Also, digging deep, back in the early 90's they had this drink at the Grand Floridian called a Purple Penguin. I was probably 11-12 when I got it. I have no idea what was in it except it was bright purple, sickeningly sweet and fizzy and I had to beg my parents to let me get it. But it was gone the next time I looked for it a few years later. Its very possible if I tasted it now I would find it disgusting. But for a kid looking for something sweet it was perfect and its been ingrained in my memory since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom