Best Extinct WDW Foods

ninjaprincesst

The fries that BOG had for Dinner with the steak (they were the only fries I liked in Disney World) and not so much a single food item but I miss the afternoon Ice cream social they had at Garden Grill.

Simba’s Mom

Several things:
Before CRT became "all Princesses all the time", they had a great chicken caesar salad at lunchtime that I loved. I've had the CCS at other places and it wasn't nearly so good.
Strawberry Swirl at Enchanted Grove-similar to Dole Whip, but strawberry
Pistachio Gelato at Beach Club Marketplace
Hot Deli Sandwich at Pizzafari.

imahistorygeek

Tie Dye Cheesecake at Pop Century when it used to look like this:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
2 staples of childhood visits:

Monte cristo at Columbia Harbour House

Pink lei lani drink at Coral Isle (poly)

I was wondering if anyone else misssed the Monte Cristos from the Columbia Harbour House. That was a meal everyone in my family looked forward to every visit. We tried to make them at home but they weren't the same. And I have eaten them in Disneyland, and I do enjoy them there but there was something about those Harbour House ones. :)

Tom P.

No doubt in my mind there are two dishes I miss:

#1: the best dish I’ve ever had at WDW far and away: the Fettuccine Alfredo from L’Oringinale Alfredo di Roma at the Italy’s pavilion in EPCOT. This was the best pasta I’ve ever had and I miss it more than words can describe.

#2: the REAL chicken tenders from Columbia Harbor House. Thanks to a bunch of health nuts Disney was forced to remove all trans fats from their food. This drastically changed the chicken fingers at Harbor House and I’m still salty about it.
Give it time. Before you know it, a new study will be saying that trans fats are actually good for you. I can't count the number of food items that have gone from good to bad to good within my lifetime. Eggs, anyone? Or does anyone remember the oat bran craze?

My basic theory is that when it comes to knowing what foods promote heart disease, cancer, etc., no one actually knows anything. :)

virk4

Flagler's- Grand Floridian [now Citricos]

2nd floor of the Contemporary -- full- service, signature dining...I can't remember the name

Contemporary - Top of World [now California Grill]

kloudyday

I went to WDW for the first time in 2016. There was a hut in Epcot at the Japan Pavilion that sold beverages. I absolutely fell in love with the Spicy Mango Sake. I was so sad when we went back in 2018 and they didn't have it anymore!

Weather_Lady

This was such a simple item, but it made a big impression... the first time we took our kids to WDW, around 2012, Tamu Tamu Refreshments in the AK served a delicious sandwich of hot, spicy shredded beef and cold, mint yogurt cucumber sauce on a fresh-tasting folded pita. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten on property, and I've been sorry ever since that it was only offered for a short time.

Honorable mention: the honey-lime salad dressing that used to be served on the 'Ohana dinner salads. It was amazing! (Happily, copycat recipes abound online.)

Last edited:

EthylCooper

My son worked at Pecos Bill's when he was in the Disney College Program. He told me they downgraded the fixin's bar because of abuse. Apparently people would come in to the restaurant, grab a seat, open up their backpack and pull out a bag of tortilla chips. Then they would proceed to make a very nice nacho plate using the fixin's bar. Quite a money saver for those folks.

I wouldn't be surprised if the level of abuse has ramped up in recent years as a side effect of the price increases, but some level of abuse is going to happen anywhere--even a McDonald's will have some customers stock up on ketchup and napkins for home from time to time. It's a managerial challenge and an operating expense, not a reason to remove benefits from paying customers.

I miss the Portobello cap vegetarian burger from the Liberty Inn with those tiny champagne grapes they served instead of fries. And the Grilled Veggie sandwich from Backlot Express.....that thing was amazing. I don't know if the egg roll carts still operate at all or if they're not even seasonal anymore, but I miss being able to get the veggie egg rolls in Adventureland when I was there.

Goofyque'

The original character breakfast at the campground, with the chipmunk s, kazoos, and blueberry muffins as big as your head.

Spoodles scallops auto gratin.

Critricos crab gateau.

Kona cafe's chocolate banana creme hurled and deep fried crab rangoon sushi.

Katsura grill Teriyaki salmon.

Heppenheimer

The first time I ever had chowder in a bread bowl was at Columbia Harbor House in the 90s, but I haven't seen it there since. I would probably purchase this again if I saw it on the menu, but since this concept isn't particularly unique to Disney (and they still have it at California Adventure), I can't say I really miss it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom