Best Extinct WDW Foods

ppet

I so miss the old menu at planet Hollywood, No, wait I guess I don't and judging by this thread neither does anyone else. I in general just miss the quality of the food from years ago.

Lilofan

Our family remembers an all you can eat breakfast buffet at Port Orleans in the late 1990s. Grilled steak and sugary beignets were part of the breakfast feast.

mgf

I miss getting to order my favorite Harbor House dish as "One if by Land, Two if by Sea". Miss the bread bowl for the chowder too.

mpoppins217

Arepas at Skippers? Sounds good, place hasn't been around that long, and they already got rid of them?

Yup. They've got through a couple menu changes since they opened end of 2015. Although to be fair I haven't been back there since I first ate there early 2016 so the newer stuff is probably just as good. I just don't like change! Haha!

Monorail_Red_77

Recently I miss the Teriyaki Chicken Kids meal at Capt Cook's at Poly. Came with slices of Pineapple and garden salad as sides. Pineapple was slightly grilled. They changed it a few years back. Not the same anymore. Tried it once and done. I'd ride the monorail with no doors to get the old version again.

Monorail_Red_77

Is it me or do most desserts in WDW look amazing but then not meet the same expectation taste-wise. Last time we hadt a few offerings at our WDW Resort they were not even as good as say, Publix, or your favorite bakery. Those of us that had the standard ice cream were far happier with their choice. Same goes for most things we try in the Parks. Dole Whips and the like are always good. Just seems more the bakery type items don't measure up. I assume it is the cost cutting measures that have caused this issue in the past 5 years or so.

Lilofan

Is it me or do most desserts in WDW look amazing but then not meet the same expectation taste-wise. Last time we hadt a few offerings at our WDW Resort they were not even as good as say, Publix, or your favorite bakery. Those of us that had the standard ice cream were far happier with their choice. Same goes for most things we try in the Parks. Dole Whips and the like are always good. Just seems more the bakery type items don't measure up. I assume it is the cost cutting measures that have caused this issue in the past 5 years or so.
Had desserts at Hollywood Studios. Cast member said desserts made in house. Tasted fine but not like the Italian bakery in my neighborhood.

Heppenheimer

I remember being disappointed by a delicious looking treat in the mid 90s, so nothing new under the sun, as they say. It wasn't bad, it just looked way better than it tasted.

oogie boogie man

The classic Carrot Cake Cookie (which really isn't a cookie) was close to perfection. I still haven't tried the new one. It would feel like I'm cheating on my girlfriend with her sister.

.... Just kidding I just haven't gotten it yet. But I will.... oh I will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom