Best Experience At Disney

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
I was thinking back to my younger days at Disney and reminiscing about all the wonderful times I have had on the rides and milling around the parks. I'll never forget the first time I saw the castle during Disney's 25 Anniversary when it was decorated like a cake.....What are yours?

"Looks like Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causin' some trouble upstream."

rd0127

Mine was last year during our first trip to WDW when we put our severely disabled daughter (who is in a wheelchair fulltime) on Buzz Lightyear and seeing her giggle the whole time the ride was going. Needless to say, we rode Buzz many more times. :)

Craig & Lisa

1999, our third visit. My younger son, (age 3 1/2), had charmed a lovely young woman on the plane, when we landed she had asked were we visiting or on vaca, when we told her, she had said she was in the LLK show in AK, and to let a CM know that we were there, after the show she would come out and say hi. Well to make a long story short, she played KABIBI, one of the main characters in the show, we were taken to a side area, and she came in with almost the whole cast of the show, including Timon, got some great pic's and video, and a memory that will never fade.

Blue0ctane

Clark - Ooh, I actually remember doing that! I still have a couple pictures somewhere of me and my then-babysitter outside of the castle.

But anyway, my best experience at Disney had to have been the 2003 Megatrip that we took for a Hebrew School field trip! It was freaking incredible! It was for a select five kids in the grade, and me and two friends were in that grop. We hit all four parks (this was, unfortunately, before I had the guts to go upside-down, so no RnR credit), Blizzard Beach, and DisneyQuest. We got our own car for Test Track, and the photo was incredible. If I had a scanner I'd upload it.

KaliSplash

Well, let's see.

The first time I saw the Main Street Electrical Parade in 1979.
The first time I saw the Electric Water Pageant in 1979.
The first time I saw the Carosel of Progress in 1979.
(can you tell my first time at WDW with my future wife was really good?)
The first time I rode Splash Mountain in 1992.
The media party for the opening of the Grand Floridian Hotel, Mickey's Birthday Land and Norway in 1988.
The first time we stayed at the Contemporary in the Tower on the Seven Seas Lagoon side in 1991.
The first time we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge in 1996.
The first time we rode Mission:Space in 2003?
The time my sons and I rode Splash Mountain 13 times in a row on an E-Ride night.
The time the entire family rode Kali River Rapids seven times in a row.
When they brought the Main Street Electrical Parade back in 1999.
The first time we saw the Candlelight Processional.
My appearances on stage in Sony's SuperStar TV, on the Backlot Tour (as the engineer!) and at the Hoop De Do Review!
The first time I heard 'Blood on the Saddle' at the Country Bear Jamboree in 1979.
That's just off the top of my head

momto3grr8tkids

My absolute favorite memory, is from our trip Spring Break of 2004. It was my oldest daughter's first trip and she was almost 4. She walked through the entrance and came to a complete stop at the entrance to mainstreet and mouth open just stood and stared at the castle. It was alot like the old WDW commercial with the little boy who wants to talk to Mickey.

That was so great. As much as I love WDW, it was so very cool to see it through my daughter's eyes for the very first time and at an age where everything is unquestionably real!! Great memory.

hayzer11

Energy, you make the world go round!
My favorite memory, has to be when i rode test track, 10 times in a day, and the first time i wen t on JII ( the original...DUH!):brick:, oh and being there for mellinum celebration, and 4 of july fireworks 2002 ( after 9/11)

Enderikari

Just a couple of favorite memorys...

1. Being in Who Wants to Be A Millionaire: Play It when a man got to go into the hot seat... He played very well for the first five questions, after which the host started his basic get-to-know-the-guest questions. We found out his name and where he is from, but then the host asked what he did for a living. Guy stated, pretty demurely, that he was a soldier in the U.S Military.
The crowd was immediate in a spontaneous standing ovation. The soldier choked up and told the guest how much he appreciated the sentiment, and the camera focused on his wife and little daughter in the crowd, the daughter was beaming; so proud of her dad, and the wife was in tears.
No fairy tale ending, he didn't go on to win the cruise from there. He played well, but it was still one of my proudest moments in Walt Disney World. As the soldier left the game he got the exact same standing ovation, as he left the game.

2. Visiting families with the sunlight aversion during the after hours Extreme Makeover:Home Edition.

3. Playing Duck, Duck, Goose with Peter Pan, Wendy, 10 kids, me and 7 other adults on the floor of Philharmagic waiting for the show to start (part of this tour I was on)

Pongo

Riding Space Mountain for the first time.

Staying after park closing when I went to MK for my birthday. My friend and I had to be there for about an hour just taking pictures. I was able to just lie down on the ground and take a perfect picture of the castle and of tomorrowland. It was awesome.

Anytime I ride Soarin'.

Going to MVMCP and always staying at the All-Star Sports and going mini-golfing at one of the courses.

River Country.

Going to visit a friend's aunt at the Wilderness Lodge for the day and her realizing that her tickets were still good. She let us use them (awesome surprise!) while everyone else went swimming. Fun day.

ballewclan

Enderikari said:
Just a couple of favorite memorys...

1. Being in Who Wants to Be A Millionaire: Play It when a man got to go into the hot seat... He played very well for the first five questions, after which the host started his basic get-to-know-the-guest questions. We found out his name and where he is from, but then the host asked what he did for a living. Guy stated, pretty demurely, that he was a soldier in the U.S Military.
The crowd was immediate in a spontaneous standing ovation. The soldier choked up and told the guest how much he appreciated the sentiment, and the camera focused on his wife and little daughter in the crowd, the daughter was beaming; so proud of her dad, and the wife was in tears.
No fairy tale ending, he didn't go on to win the cruise from there. He played well, but it was still one of my proudest moments in Walt Disney World. As the soldier left the game he got the exact same standing ovation, as he left the game.

2. Visiting families with the sunlight aversion during the after hours Extreme Makeover:Home Edition.

3. Playing Duck, Duck, Goose with Peter Pan, Wendy, 10 kids, me and 7 other adults on the floor of Philharmagic waiting for the show to start (part of this tour I was on)

I envy your memories...:lookaroun

Number two is extremely cool, i saw that on tv, it was amazing to watch, must have been great to actually be there.

MouseCrazy

Great thread ... I had to post
I have three great memories .. and they all have to do with seeing WDW through the eyes of my kids (sappy, huh?)

1) My 4 yo DD dressed up like Snow White - terminally shy and unwilling to get near the mob of little girls to meet the princess, walking with me dejectedly away from the castle when up from behind us walks (gasp) Snow White herself. She bent down and had a quiet little talk with my DD and they ended up skipping down the path together.

2) Visiting WDW with my 18 yo DD (who was 6 at the time) and sitting down in the shade in an out of the way path behind Fantasyland. Up walks Minnie Mouse and Pluto. Pluto starts this tickle fight with my DD and they are literally rolling around on the ground - my daughter giggling non-stop. After Pluto gets tired, Minnie takes my DD's hands and starts jitterbugging with her. It was incredible.

3) in 2004, we were all on the carousel in Disneyland, and the brass band got on with us. We were riding these beautiful carousel horses, and all around us there was music! I have wonderful pics of my daughter surrounded by tubas and trombones on her mount!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom