Best Deluxe Resort

dclfan

Hi guys me and my Mom were just planning our next trip down to Walt Disney World for my sweet 16th. This is our 13th trip but first time staying at a Deluxe Hotel. Can anyone tell me what Deluxe Hotel they like the best. Anyones opinions would be appreciated. Thank You.

TennisPlayer519

I've experienced all the deluxe resorts. Here are my ratings out of 100.

1. Polynesian: 94/100

2. Beach Club: 93/100

3. Wilderness Lodge: 92/100

4. Animal Kingdom Lodge: 90/100

5. Yacht Club: 85/100
5. Grand Floridian: 85/100
5. Boardwalk: 85/100

8. Contemporary: 66/100

Red=Magic Kingdom Resort
Blue=Epcot/MGM Resort
Green=Animal Kingdom Resort

Please Note: These are my opinions. Opinions are not the same from person to person. I'm sure there is somebody on earth who despises the Polynesian...but not me.

Upvote 0

crazycalf

Animal Kingdom Lodge.
It is so relaxing, it is great to sit on your balcony and unwind after a long day at the park. The two resturants there are also very good.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

For themeing, I like Animal Kingdom Lodge (best on property IMHO)

However, the Yacht/Beach location is amazing. YOU CAN WALK TO TWO THEME PARKS! Nothing beats that:)

Upvote 0

shalket

Polynesian hands down ! You are from NYC, so why do you need to go to the Wilderness Lodge, you can just drive to get that kind of atmosphere. At the Poly, it will be like you are on holidays in the tropics. AKL is also a good choice for atmosphere, but it's not on the monorail.

8 days 'til disney !:sohappy:
Trying Pop Century this time!

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

I have to agree with Fantasmic!329- Beach Club or Beach Club Villas (even though this is considered a Home away from Home Resort). Location, location, location. Stormalong Bay, short walk to EPCOT, short boat ride to MGM, and of course, The Boardwalk. We love it there.

Upvote 0

Iakona

We just returned and I have to say we fell in love with AKL. The lobby is amazing, the savannah views incredible. In addition the artwork and artifacts combined with ambassadors from Africa accentuate the atmosphere. Don't discount story time either. One night there were 10 adults and 1 child (my 7 year old) and the adults had as much fun as my son.
We also stayed one night at Wilderness Lodge (cancelled flight). While the lobby and theming is comparable to AKL, the room we were in was showing considerable wear and tear.
As others have said, it depends on what you are looking for. Both AKL and WL are awesome.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

No question the Grand Floridian is at the top of the chart, with the number of restaurants, activities, monorail, etc.

But my preference is always the Wilderness Lodge. (And I'm one of those who doesn't like their bus system.) The overall themeing, effect, cast members, activities, views, etc. are absolutely wonderful.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Wilderness Lodge. Their CM's were the most helpful and friendly out of any of the hotels we have stayed at Disney. The theming is so relaxing you could just stay there and take in the sights of that majestic hotel. The smell of the lobby is unexplainable. It is great!

Upvote 0

longfamily

The Polynesian is the best!!!!:D

The Poly has the largest rooms (standard) of any of the hotels. The atmospere is great and not only will you have access to the monorail to Magic Kingdom, but also, there is a direct route a short walking distance from the hotel to the monorail for Epcot. At the Poly you can watch the Water Magic parade. Only three hotels can say that! They also have the best character breakfast IMO...even for 16 year olds:animwink:
The boats, if you guys do that stuff, are the fastest on the lake that the Poly sits on, they are much slower at the resorts by Epcot and MGM.
And if you choose to go here, I would also recommend concierge. It's not that much more expensive and the lounge has all kinds of goodies throughout the day. We have stayed at several deluxe resorts and like this lounge and amenities the best.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
That question is kind of like asking which of my kids I like best...

My personal favorite is the Poly for ambiance, theme and personal history.

Any of the three sites on the monorail have a certain advantage for transportation, particularly the Poly, as has been mentioned, you can walk to TTA/Epcot line as well.

WL we just loved, but with 5 there are few rooms to accomodate. WL and AKL both have a wonderful feeling of being FAR from home. Walking the grounds or lobby is an experience in itself. All of these also have nice restaurants that you can just walk "home" from.

Boardwalk and GF are nice, but remind me more of "regular" hotels. The walking convenience of Boardwalk is very nice.

Contemporary is probably my least favorite of this group. Feels like a Hyatt or Marriott in any major city. Walk to MK is a plus.

With all that said, I would never turn down a chance to stay at any of them!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom