Best Deluxe Resort

dclfan

Hi guys me and my Mom were just planning our next trip down to Walt Disney World for my sweet 16th. This is our 13th trip but first time staying at a Deluxe Hotel. Can anyone tell me what Deluxe Hotel they like the best. Anyones opinions would be appreciated. Thank You.

poohbear6103

I vote for the Poly hands down. I fell in love with it 2 years ago and all 4 trips I have made since then, I stayed there. I love the look and feel of the Great Ceremonial House and the grounds are gorgeous. This is one resort where staying in a garden view room is not a dissapointment. The pool and beach are great too. I love having the monorail so close and the TTC within walking distance as well. And ihave always been a fan of the Electrical Water Pageant and this is the best spot for it!

I would highly recommend a stay there! :)

Upvote 0

dclfan

Original Poster
Thanks guys for all the input.It was great and really helped me decide. I think we are going to go with Polynesian. I always wanted to stay on the monorail.

Upvote 0

Prof Ecks

If you want peace and quiet then I would say Wilderness lodge...get a suite in the Villas, not a room. The hotel is great, as everyone describes it and the Artist Point restaurant can be a really great experience. The Animal Kingdom Lodge also looks great, also subdued, and Jiko's was super memorable if you like fine dining.

If you want a lot of activities, restaurants, and want to turn EPCOT and MGM into part of your backyard (5 minute walk to EPCOT, 10 minute walk to MGM), then I would vote for the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk provides you with the opportunity to do and see so much so easily. We spent a week there for the first time this past Dec/Jan and with a 10 and 11 year old, it worked out great. Right now, the family is voting on going back there next time. Get a fourth or fifth floor lake view room.

Peace and Quiet- Wilderness Lodge Villas
Hustle and Bustle- Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

dizneeboy

dclfan said:
Thanks guys for all the input.It was great and really helped me decide. I think we are going to go with Polynesian. I always wanted to stay on the monorail.

I think you'll be very happy with your choice. I've stayed at all but the AKL and have enjoyed my stay at every one. It really comes down to what kind of environment appeals to you. Each resort will give you a different overall feeling, but all are very Disney.

Having said that, the only Deluxe I've repeated is the Contemporary (3 stays now). I just love that place ; )

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom