Best coffee in Epcot

Edisto Pluto

Original Poster
My family and I just returned from eight days in WDW at the BC. It was our 19th trip and it was great. One of my pleasures while there is to walk over to Epcot in the early evening to get a cup of coffee and just sit and watch. I usually get coffee from Morocco and then sit near France just outside of the bridge and relax. Where is the best coffee in Epcot at a walk up?

gwhb75

I can't say for sure, but wouldn't it be cool if they put a Tim Hortons in Canada at Epcot (sorry for the bump).

mastif

My family and I just returned from eight days in WDW at the BC. It was our 19th trip and it was great. One of my pleasures while there is to walk over to Epcot in the early evening to get a cup of coffee and just sit and watch. I usually get coffee from Morroco and then sit near France just outside of the bridge and relax. Where is the best coffee in Epcot at a walk up?

Did you ever get a cup on the friendship boat? I've been going to WDW for a while and never noticed they sold coffee on the boat!

Cmdr_Crimson

Even tho this is a topic on coffee..I remember seeing this coffee as the Official coffee of WDW in the 80's..You don't hear too much about it anymore.
Juan.gif

I honestly don't think there are any good places to get coffee at WDW since all they sell is Nescafe - BLAH! The stuff at the Hess Gas stations doesn't seem to be to bad. The best coffee is to be found at Kona with the coffee press.

However - rumor is that the Swan and Dolphin serve starbucks coffee....

~Amanda

Mouse Man

The wife and I had coffee in Norway, We didn't know at the time that the Norwegain coffe had Liquor added to it. It was quite a surprise and at the same time a treat. The trouble was we had to go and take a nap after that coffee (LOL) and never had one again until the Norway pavilion was closing. I also like the coffee at Boatrights at Dixie Landings.

yankspy

I honestly don't think there are any good places to get coffee at WDW since all they sell is Nescafe - BLAH! The stuff at the Hess Gas stations doesn't seem to be to bad. The best coffee is to be found at Kona with the coffee press.

However - rumor is that the Swan and Dolphin serve starbucks coffee....

~Amanda
Yep. They do.

Mstr Gra-c

Around 1995 I distinctly remember an awesome coffe shop in Epcot near one of the Innoventions plazas...it had coffe, espresso, cappucino and even muffins, cakes, tarts...I mean all of the stuff you would expect to see in any coffe shop. Does anyone know what the name of that place was?

Captain Hank

Around 1995 I distinctly remember an awesome coffe shop in Epcot near one of the Innoventions plazas...it had coffe, espresso, cappucino and even muffins, cakes, tarts...I mean all of the stuff you would expect to see in any coffe shop. Does anyone know what the name of that place was?
You're probably thinking of FountainView. It's in Innoventions West, between Character Spot and Club Cool. Over the years, it's cycled between open and closed. Currently it's open, but as an ice cream parlor that serves NesCafe :hurl: .

When I need coffee in Epcot, I try to get it from one of the four outdoor coffee stands (near UOE, near Towers, World Showplace and AA). They're Operating Participants (not owned by Disney) and serve non-NesCafe coffee. It isn't knock-your-socks-off coffe, but it isn't NesCafe!

Edisto Pluto

Original Poster
With all of the good desserts available in Epcot it would be nice to have a great coffee bar somewhere in the World Showcase

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
When I need coffee in Epcot, I try to get it from one of the four outdoor coffee stands (near UOE, near Towers, World Showplace and AA). They're Operating Participants (not owned by Disney) and serve non-NesCafe coffee. It isn't knock-your-socks-off coffe, but it isn't NesCafe!

Yes... I worship the stand by UoE -- good schtuff!! Its usually my first stop in the morning! :king: :slurp::slurp:

a2grafix

I can't say for sure, but wouldn't it be cool if they put a Tim Hortons in Canada at Epcot (sorry for the bump).

Here, here! Tim Horton's is awesome! Many WDWmagicers have commented where there is no Tim Horton's counter somewhere in Canada's section of World Showcase. I believe it would go over well.

Anything but Nescafe.

Had Nescafe outside Tower of Terror at then-MGM Studios. Not that great.

The best coffee is to be found at Kona with the coffee press.

I agree that the Kona Cafe stand near the monorail entrance at the Poly is a nice place to get a coffee in the morning. When I stay at Shades of Green, I either grab a coffee and a muffin at the Starbucks stand or the counter service at Shades, or I just walk across the street to the Poly and grab a cup of joe at Kona. Lava java hits the spot.

For me, on my next trip, besides Kona at the Poly, I will check into the Boulangerie Pâtisserie and see if I can order an expresso, hot coffee, or ice capp. I have not ordered from Boulangerie Pâtisserie yet.

mrerk

Premium Member

Captain Hank is right. It was the Fountain View. Still don't know why it closed. It always seemed busy when we were there. Nothing better than a pastry, a cappuccino and a fountain show.

Stellajack

The best coffee is the supply I bring with me.

I agree! We bring our own as well (our luggage was opened/searched this last trip because of our ground coffee in ziploc bags:lol:!)

We also had good coffee at AKL this summer. I don't know if WDW uses the Nescafe coffee syrup to make the large carafes of coffee but on this visit the coffee was pretty good.

Tinkyroo

The wife and I had coffee in Norway, We didn't know at the time that the Norwegain coffe had Liquor added to it. It was quite a surprise and at the same time a treat. The trouble was we had to go and take a nap after that coffee (LOL) and never had one again until the Norway pavilion was closing. I also like the coffee at Boatrights at Dixie Landings.

That is good to hear since we will be staying at POR on our next trip. One question though. I know they have coffee makers with packets of coffee in the rooms. What kind of coffee is it and is it any good? DH is the coffee drinker and he really needs a good coffee kick in the ___ in the morning. :)

NiarrNDisney

My two all time favs:

Boulangerie Pâtisserie (France)

Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)

Not exactly in Epcot but I'm a fan of the Boardwalk Bakery.
Its a tradition to go early in the morning pick up a pastry and a latte while on our way to Epcot, also the night we arrive we like to pick up a decaf and watch IllumiNations before heading off to bed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom