Best Character Meal for the $$

nikko

Original Poster
Just looking for a little advice please, I'm taking my 3 year old niece for the first time in September and I'd really like to know which character meal is the best value. Thanks!

CAPTAIN HOOK

If you're planning a character meal for a three year old then best value for them will be dining with characters they love, as opposed to best value for you which probably means how much you're willing to pay for the meal and how much food / variety you get which everyone will eat / enjoy.

I'd forget about the cost and visit the venue which will have the best characters available at the time

nikko

Original Poster
Thanks. She does like the princesses the best ,but some of the places are so expensive and others are more reasonable. I just get so disappointed going to a place I feel is way over priced and it not being worth it. Has anyone been to Restaurant Akershus, it's more moderately priced?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Thanks. She does like the princesses the best ,but some of the places are so expensive and others are more reasonable. I just get so disappointed going to a place I feel is way over priced and it not being worth it. Has anyone been to Restaurant Akershus, it's more moderately priced?

Honestly if you are looking to get real value for your money, then you meay feel that way anywhere you went. This is a resort, you are going to pay three times what something may be worth, four times if there are characters.

In my opinion, Chef Mickeys is the best character dining experience at WDW simply due to the characters there and I like the food offering better than anywhere else.

Cubs Brian

My vote goes to Crystal Palace.Pooh, tigger, Pigletand Eyore. Good food great location. Prices are the same as Chef Mickey's. Book early for a good jump at the MK.

nikko

Original Poster
Thanks, it's just hard sometimes to justify paying $25 or $30 for a 3 year old when the food isn't great and the interaction is limited, but I could justify it if it was worth it. Basically, I guess I was curious which place had the best interaction and the food is pretty good. Then I don't care how much it costs.

joanna71985

1900 Park Fare dinner is so much fun! There is not much for food selection (however, what is there is pretty good), but the interaction is a blast!

I also enjoy LTT dinner and CM.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've always found Crystal Palace to be the best in terms of both food and character interaction. The food is a buffet with plenty to choose from - so eat as much as you can (I mean want) and we find that the characters usually get to the table twice if we're lucky.

Chef Mickeys was a similar experience for the food but the characters only made it to the table once.

CM also seems somewhat more chaotic than CP

Chernabogfan

I'd echo everything above, especially Chef Mickey's & the available characters. Having said that, If your niece is really into the princess thing, there's no beating the breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. Pretty good food, kid friendly, but the experience of eating in the castle, getting your picture taken with Cinderella pre-seating, and the princess' themselves upstairs is really pretty cool. The princess' come to every table for greetings & pix. All three of my daughters absolutely loved it & you walk away with some silly plastic wands that the kids just think are all time cool. A great way to start the day at the MK. Have a ball!

PotteryGal

Concerning Akershus...

We had breakfast there in June. The princesses there for our meal were Snow White, Aurora, Jasmine, Mulan, and we had our pic taken there with Belle before we were seated. The cost of the meal does include the picture, and there's a cold buffet and hot food brought to your table family style, all you want. We had an excellent server and thought the food was delicious.
If your niece really wants to meet Cinderella however, your best chances are at CRT or dinner at 1900 Park Fare.
As has been stated before, you're going to character meals for the experience more than the food...if you're paying out of pocket and not on the dining plan, breakfast is a little less painful to pay for than dinner. I hope whatever you choose will be a wonderful experience for you. :)

LuxeMama

We liked Chef Mickey's a lot-- and even did Akershus our last trip (We will be doing Akershus on our upcoming trip as well). I loved Chef Mickey's because of the great interaction and entertainment as well as the selection of food.

Disneybird

On our last trip, I took my 5 year old niece. We went to Akershus, Crystal Palace and Donalds Breakfast at AK, and had dinner at Chef Mickey's. My niece liked Chef Mickey's the best, so I'll take her again on our next trip. We are also going to dinner at 1900 Park Fare so she can see Cinderella.
The breakfast at Akershus was a little different than the other meals, but I actually enjoyed it the most.
You should just find out what characters your party wants to see the most, then go to the restaurant that fits the bill. Also remember, that there are a few different character meet and greets in parks where you can have pictures made with the characters and without the meal.

CatsMeow

My vote is for the Crystal Palace. Try it at lunch or breakfast; it is a bit less expensive then and there is not a great difference in the food offerings between lunch and dinner. The food is pretty good and we have always had a great time!

mouselvrmom

I'd say if your niece is really into the princesses, then Akershus is your best value. You can go at breakfast which is a bit cheaper than dinner. They serve your hot plates family style so that you don't have to continuously be getting up to the buffet. The princesses here are very attentive. I'm sure you would have a wonderful time.

YodaGirl

I'd definitely try Akershus Royal Banquet Hall since she's into the Princesses. We've actually tossed around the idea of taking DD there next year. I've heard that it's the next best thing i you can't get reservations/don't want to spend as much at Cinderella's Royal Table (which I would suggest trying breakfast as opposed to Lunch or Dinner - both experiences I know of, Cinderella wasn't there; just the Fairy Godmother and the mice, BUT she's supposed to definitely be there for breakfast).

We've always enjoyed Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends), as well. :)

Crystal Palace has an excellent buffet, including a section of the buffet for kids.

KC82271

My now 3 year old daughter absolutely has been to Cyrstal Palace and Chef Mickeys too many times because that is what she loves. The food and entertainment at both were fantistic for the price (considering it's disney) - we are going back in November and she has already requested (or actually TOLD me) that we go to both. Of course we are! Already confirmed the dates and times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom