Best Beer in the World

dreamscometrue

First of all, I like many beers. My favs on property are:

Tusker (I can't get this at home in Canada where I live)

Yuengling (I can't get this either where I live)

Unibroue...wow! (You can check out their website if you're not familiar with this Canadian brewery)

Moosehead (...from Canada's Oldest Independent Brewery. :) I still like the lager. I live an hour and a half from the brewery, have been drinking it all my adult life, but it's still enjoyable to me.)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
First of all, I like many beers. My favs on property are:

Tusker (I can't get this at home in Canada where I live)

Yuengling (I can't get this either where I live)

Unibroue...wow! (You can check out their website if you're not familiar with this Canadian brewery)

Moosehead (...from Canada's Oldest Independent Brewery. :) I still like the lager. I live an hour and a half from the brewery, have been drinking it all my adult life, but it's still enjoyable to me.)

I really enjoy Moosehead too. I know it is kind of a generic beer, but IMO it's a solid brew. Good flavor, very refreshing. Perfect for walking the World Showcase.

Huglife

I manage a bar and highly appreciate all the great beer yet I'm always most excited for boring yeungling because I can't get it in Connecticut.

fbp

Guess I've been lucky with my servers at Big River. I've found them very friendly.

Of course, after downing a pitcher of that beer, having already started with cocktails at the Belle vue Lounge, the waiter could have slapped me with the menu.................. and I still would have been happy.:hammer:

Hilarious!

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
For those of you who enjoy caribbean style lagers, ala Corona, I tried a new on this past week. It's not available at WDW, but I figured some of you might be interested anyway.

Carib Lager

I think it is definitely a step up from Corona. Very good beer on a hot summer day. Perfect for the beach. I would say a lime is a necessary accessory though.

IndyDisney

Just got back from WDW at the end of July. I was pleasantly surprised by the brews available. It was nice to grab a Hawaiian brew from Kona at 'Ohana. I was even more surprised by the amount of Florida micros available at the signature restaurants. I found Orlando Brewing Company at several, plus Cigar City Brewing Jai Alai IPA at both Raglan Road and Fulton's - I was flabbergasted by the latter. The Unibroue Sampler at Le Cellier was awesome. Plus 60 Minute IPA was everywhere. Oh, and at Via Napoli they had "the oldest brewery in Italy" in bottles, which was pretty solid.

Cheers,
Indy

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Sam Adams Octoberfest has been making its way into bars in my area. If it is not at WDW right now, it will be soon. :sohappy:

Octoberfest is my 2nd favorite variety of Sam Adams. Ranking behind Brick Red.

Quick question for any of you beer lovers out there...

What is your favorite Pumpkin beer? Also, has anyone tried the Sam Adams Pumpkin Ale?

mbtohill

I'd have to rank my favorites as:

1) Tusker, good clean refreshing, tastes so good walking around AK in the heat of May
2) Moosehead, don't get it up here in CT all that often
3) Carlsberg, again, very refreshing, crisp.

But honestly my wife and I love ALL the beer choices at EPCOT, part of the fun of walking around the World Showcase.

Huglife

Sam Adams Octoberfest has been making its way into bars in my area. If it is not at WDW right now, it will be soon. :sohappy:

Octoberfest is my 2nd favorite variety of Sam Adams. Ranking behind Brick Red.

Quick question for any of you beer lovers out there...

What is your favorite Pumpkin beer? Also, has anyone tried the Sam Adams Pumpkin Ale?

Southern Tier Pumking is BY FAR the most amazing pumpkin beer. I hear the Sam Adams pumpkin is supposed to be good this year.

Huglife

Also, I was in Hawaii last year and had the most amazing Coconut Porter by Kona. I haven't been able to find in anywhere. Anyone know if they have it at the Poly?

Amused to Death

What style of beer is the Sam Adams Festival beer typically? Is it always the same beer?
It changes every year. Two years ago it was the Blackberry Witbier. I don't remember what it was last year.

My vote goes to Safari Amber. That's good stuff!! :slurp:
"Safari Amber" is brewed by Budweiser. It is the same as their American Ale. If you visit the Hog's Head Pub, at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, you will find it labeled as "Hog's Head Ale." Head to any Bahama Breeze and it is labeled as "Aruba Red." All over the country you will find establishments proudly boasting it is "specially brewed just for us." It's not.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Original Poster
Southern Tier Pumking is BY FAR the most amazing pumpkin beer. I hear the Sam Adams pumpkin is supposed to be good this year.

I have Southern Tier in my local stores, I will be picking it up next time I am out. I'll report back with my thoughts.

I just finished a 6 pack of Buffalo Bills pumpkin ale. It was very mediocre. Maybe like 2 out of 5 stars. It was drinkable, but not particularly enjoyable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom