Best All Stars resort?

laura_<3

Does anyone have an opinion on which All Stars resort is the best?

My bf and I are going to book up for next year in the next few weeks and have to decide between Music, Movies and Sports, but we're unsure as to which is best.

Any views?

pcarathers

We stayed at Movies in the 101 Dalmation section once. While I loved the theming and location, the bus situation was terrible. Movies was the last to get on and the last to get off. By the time the buses arrived at Movies, the buses were full from Sports & Music. That was the only drawback in my opinion. Movies usually has more families because of the theming. Little kids loved the HUGE icons of characters. The Toy Story section was really cute too. I would not stay at this resort again, though, because of the buses.

Upvote 0

krankenstein

Sports tends to have a lot of athletic teams stay depending on the time of the year. (i.e. cheerleaders, football teams)

Movies attracts families with young kids b/c of the theme.

Music, IMO, tends to attract more single adults and couples without kids.

The buses stop in this order: Sports, Music, Movies.

Personally, if I were staying at a Value I would attempt to get into Pop Century. It has a better location, food court, store and it doesn't share buses with any other resorts. While you won't always have to share a bus at ASR, it is a possibility.

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Sports for location and buses, Movies for a little bit better execution of the design and a slight better arranged food court, Music if they're still running the pool activities that they were last summer (only at music, not Sports or Movies).

Upvote 0

LuisT

Why haven't you thought about POP? I think that resort is a WONDERFUL resort.. With some good theming.. But if you have to pick from those 3..

I would have to pick movies.. Its quieter at times, and I just like the theming better. But thats my personal preference.

-Luis

Upvote 0

Kmom

I do agree that the POP is a great choice. It is a great benefit not sharing buses. After a long day at the parks it really makes a difference. Also the food court is a bit more spread out, which makes all the difference durning busy times. That being said if your choice is between the three all stars, I would defintaly choose the music. Reason being it is much quieter, and less crowded than the other All Stars. At lease in my experence. Also at night the music is lit up beautifuly. Either way you go ya'll are going to have a great time.:)

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I've stayed at Music and love Music! I was there June 07 and I never shared a bus with the other resorts (I don't know if it was b/c of the time of year but we always had our own bus).

One question... why does Music have the activities by the pool but the other resorts don't!?! I thought it was so great for kids! We also had a movie every night by the pool - it was so nice to come home from the parks and see people curled up by the pool watching a Disney movie... ahhhhh memories!

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I have stayed at Sports and Pop and will be staying at Music for 8 nights starting this Saturday. Of Sports and Pop...I think i'd say Pop. Here are my reasons. They are because we were in a great location at Pop...right next to the pool/main house but on the back side so it was quiet. Sports had many teams from foreign countries that were very rude and obnoxious....not the resorts fault, but it did dampen my experience there.

I agree that Pop may be the best choice. Many people swear by it and we found it to be a very pleasant stay. Again, I cannot speak of Movies, having never stayed there and Music because I have not stayed yet. (but in 5 days I will)

The reason I chose Music over Movies for this trip is because it was recently renovated and I like a clean, new room.

Good luck.:wave:

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Since I have never stayed at Movies I can only comment on the other two. I really like the Music one. I think mainly because of the amount of times I have stayed there. I love sports but I prefer the music theming.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I alwayed stayed at the All-Star Movies and love it, but last year, my parents suprised me and my son with a trip in October and we stayed at the Music resort and loved it just as much if not more! The rooms at Music were just refurbed and they always had something fun going on at the pool. At night they had a giant movie screen set up by the pool! It was pretty neat. I would definitely stay there again. We are staying at Pop for our upcoming Dec trip. I hope I have just as good of an experience!

Upvote 0

Kritikos

We have stayed at all three All Stars Resorts over the years and if we were to go again, it would definitely be to the Movies. The design is just delightful. It's an absolute joy just to walk around the resort and experience it at different times of day. The Food Court is very 'showbiz' with its chaser lights and movie posters. It's just great if you love going to the movies or going to the Theatre - it captures that atmosphere. If you've never been to an All Stars before, the vividness of the colours is rather startling at first, as we have got so used to the pastel shades of current interior design, but you get used to it very quickly and you'll really miss it when you get home.

Second choice would be the Sports. Although I have no interest in sports whatsoever and love music, I would still choose the Sports Resort over the Music, because it has more of a holiday atmosphere, particularly in Surf's Up - but even if you are staying in any of the other buildings, you will still experience Surfs Up because you have to walk through it to get to the Food Court.

The Music has a rather different atmosphere and generally much quieter. Have a wander over there even if you stay at one of the other resorts and you will see what I mean. It's difficult to put into words. "Quieter" doesn't quite seem to sum it up, it has an all together different feel.

We didn't use the buses at any Resort, so can't comment on that, but have read many horror stories about the waits which seem to be worst for the Movies because the buses pick up AND drop off last, so you always have the worst option.

Upvote 0
I have stayed at All Star Music for the past two years In the Jazz building... it was great and I would suggest it.. It is close enough to Melody Hall, and in between both pools. but just far enough away that you don't hear the pools.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I wouldn't think about the All Stars and go right for Pop Century. Its the best value resort with its own busses...we love it there! If I were staying in the All Stars and had to choose, I'd choose Movies. Haven't stayed in the All Stars since Pop opened, but I don't remember the busses being too bad while at Movies...it did have a better foodcourt than the other two though.

Upvote 0

RussJT

I have only stayed at Movies. While there (around Spring Break season) we have never had to share a bus with one of the other All-Star resorts.

Upvote 0

wolf359

I've stayed at all three All Star's, as well as Pop Century, and my pick would be AS Music. Sports seemed noiser, because it seemed to have a greater (unattended) kid to adult ratio, as well as a little tired and worn around the edges. Movies was nice, a little more polished and better laid out, but being last on the bus route isn't best. Music has always seemed to have the best mix of good points among the All Stars.

Pop Century was nice, but on my trip I've never had worse bus service compared to any other resort I've stayed at. There seemed to be fewer buses coming through the resort, and because of the increased size of the Pop resort each bus that came filled up very quickly because the lines were so long. We typically (finally) boarded the second or third bus to arrive at the stop after getting in the line, and at the worst waited for the fourth bus to come trying to get back from EPCOT.

Upvote 0

laura_<3

Original Poster
Why haven't you thought about POP? I think that resort is a WONDERFUL resort.. With some good theming.. But if you have to pick from those 3..

I would have to pick movies.. Its quieter at times, and I just like the theming better. But thats my personal preference.

-Luis

POP is around £300 more than an All Star Resort. We've booked to stay at All Star Sports in May 2009 for 2 weeks. I'm very excited.

Thank you for your views everyone! :)

Upvote 0

wolf359

Wow, that's really surprising since the standard rates at all the value resorts are supposed to be the same. I've seen a couple dollar a night difference before, but you're talking about an $11 a night difference. Wow!

No wonder you're staying at the All Stars! :)

Upvote 0

MattyFresh

My wife and I stayed in Movies and we really enjoyed the theming. The buses were somewhat of a problem, but that was really our only complaint. We were on the backside of Mighty Ducks so it was really quiet.

Upvote 0

laura_<3

Original Poster
Wow, that's really surprising since the standard rates at all the value resorts are supposed to be the same. I've seen a couple dollar a night difference before, but you're talking about an $11 a night difference. Wow!

No wonder you're staying at the All Stars! :)

I know, it's crazy. We would've went for Pop if the prices were same/similar.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom