Best 30 seconds at Disney...

Missymoe4

-When you can feel the humidity just before the elevator drops on ToT.
-Entering Main Steet prior to walking down the street
-Coming upon the bridge to Adventureland...hearing the drum beat and smelling the humid air and tropical plants.
-stepping foot into the lobby: the juxtaposition between the humid heat and the cool air...the smell of the two intermixing and the awe of the lobby taking hold.
-walking up to our room for the first time
-seeing the signs pointing to the MK resorts
-my first taste of La Fin in Canada
-the beginning of wishes.
-the adrenaline cursing through my body just before 'take off' on RnR
-dawa bar....
-the Lion king show
-country bears
-lift off on dumbo
....this list can go on and on....

danpam1024

My husband's answer: the two of us sneaking into the standard resort room bathroom for a lightning-fast canoodle while the kids are fast asleep. It's a more primal form of "Disney magic" than what you see in the brochures, but it's Disney magic all the same. :D
LOL- my husband is the same way! That's why we love kid suites at the Hard Rock and try to get a 1 BR villa when we go- those bathrooms can be a bit cramped :p

squeek

Splash mountain line when you enter the dark hallway and get blasted with air conditioning.

Or the hut / temple building you go through on the first climb of Expedition Everest the music playing always gets me excited.

Rounding the little corner after pirates near pesos bill and you get the first glimps of splash mountain.

Being the last ones out for the stretch room in the haunted mansion and hearing the voices whisper "get out"

That moment in the tower of terror when the star field wall splits in two and you load into the drop chamber just before you either drop or go up.

Sitting in the "super stretch" limo and pulling away from thr loading station and waiting at the tunnel just before you launch on rock and roller coaster.

danpam1024

Waking the kids and saying "Hey guys, it's time to go to Disney World!"
yours actually sleep the night before! LOL! Mine's up and ready to go at 4 am- then falls asleep by the time we hit I75 (literally 3 minutes from our driveway). After a 3 hour drive he ALWAYS wakes up just as we are exiting I4- rested and ready to conquer the parks :)

litaljohn

I won't lie there's over a hundred posts so I can't read them all but I will naturally assume at some point an ex girlfriend i knew will say something near " I dunno about the best thirty seconds, but I can tell you the worst 30 seconds"

real mature amy..... reeeaaall mature

luv

Original Poster
For anyone keeping up, I want to thank you all for your responses. I didn't think there would be so many!

But I have loved reading all of them and frequently think, "Yes! Me, too!"

Thanks for brightening my day. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom