Bermuda Triangle at Sea World??

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all :wave:
I posted something recently about remembering a Bermuda Triangle attraction/show/song at WDW but it definitely was not!
My memory must be rusty.
But the harder I thought, the more I'm inclined to say now that it was at SeaWorld.

Does anyone know if there was an attraction/show/song about the Bermuda Triangle at Sea World circa 1995?

Thanks!

Thrill Seeker

I posted something recently about remembering a Bermuda Triangle attraction/show/song at WDW but it definitely was not!
My memory must be rusty.
But the harder I thought, the more I'm inclined to say now that it was at SeaWorld.

Does anyone know if there was an attraction/show/song about the Bermuda Triangle at Sea World circa 1995?

Thanks!

It was at Sea World Orlando where Wild Arctic is now. It was a simulator attractions that was actually a lot more exciting and enjoyable than the current attraction. I'm going to go hunting on YouTube to see if there is a video of it floating around...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can confirm this as well. It was a simulator attraction similar to Star Tours and the now decommissioned Body Wars except with much better in cabin effects.

Thrill Seeker

I looked around on the web and haven't found anything on the Orlando attraction (just the really cool looking Australian one, which is a flume ride). Do you have any links to share, oh Master Yoda?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Rabflmom

My memory must be rusty.

Thanks!

Now that one I do not remember and I have been going to SW since 1976. Might just never have noticed it or ridden it while it was there.

I used to keep old brochures . Wonder if I have one packed away somewhere. LOL

Rabflmom

Seriously!

I remember riding it...

My youngest son remembers riding it on a field trip when he was in 5th grade with his teacher. I must not have chaperoned that field trip:-(

He said instead of boarding a helicopter for the simulator ride you entered a submarine. The only thing he can remember is one of the emergencies had something with rattling the sub so much some of the bolts started coming out. LOL

My question to him was did you disembark to go see animals like you do on wild Arctic. He says he does not remember seeing any and that he thought the ride was just the simulator part and they built the rest for Wild Arctic.

I did find a place that said it was built soon after Busch bought the park from Harcourt Brace Johanovich. another interesting thing I found out. Orlando SW was actually the 3rd SW park to be built. San Diego, the one in Ohio, then Orlando. Also who owns the one in Australia?

Figment1986

There is also aSeaworld in Texas.. the ohio was sold to six flags.. and conbimed with the park next door.. and then sold to cedar fair... who closed the park and left a water park in its spot...

I belive this opened as they could build the simulators fast, but the animal section of the wild arctic was taking longer to build so this was opened in the mean time to give people something to ride since that was in demand.

StageFrenzy

there was no wild artic post show, it dumped you into the gift shop. There was a window where you could watch one of the simulators in action

drdoom1001

I have stacks and stacks of old brochures and something tells me I have one with the Mission Bermuda Triangle info.I'm going in search of it now.

There was also a show about the Bermuda triangle. I actually just found an old video my dad took. The jist was everyone in the theater is on an airplane that falls victim to the triangle then the fish people sing to you.

DJ Sandman

I remember this ride! My favorite part was falling from the side of the sunken shipwreck down the Marianas Trench! On my first ever trip to Sea World Orlando I rode it 15 times to the point of Nausea XD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom