Behind the Seeds Walking Tour

mrtoad

I would like to do the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land on our next trip. Is there a way to call and book it ahead? Also are there better times to do the tour? I read somewhere that at certain times of the day they will let kids feed the fish or let loose ladybugs into the greenhouses for pest control.

Thanks for any information!

CamiLyn227

We did the tour last year in the morning. The kids (and adults) were able to let out lady bugs AND feed fish. Feeding the fish was very cool. You will have a great time!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I took the tour for the first time this past winter. As a big fan of Living with the Land, I thought the tour was awesome. Someone in the group go to let the ladybugs go, and we all got to feed fish (I took the last tour of the day). I definitely recommend and for the price you cannot go wrong. You also get to see the attraction from an awesome angle.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I took the tour for the first time this past winter. As a big fan of Living with the Land, I thought the tour was awesome. Someone in the group go to let the ladybugs go, and we all got to feed fish (I took the last tour of the day). I definitely recommend and for the price you cannot go wrong. You also get to see the attraction from an awesome angle.

Sounds good, it's on my list. Quick question for you, is there any photo restrictions?

Upvote 0

Mukta

I took the tour last September and I loved it. My avatar is a picture of me feeding the fish.
They let me take pictures of anything that I wanted to. If I remember correctly, there was one place they asked not to use flash, but that was it.
If you book your WDW vacation with AAA, you get a diamond vacation card. Bring that to the counter and get a discount on your Behind the Seeds Tour.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

Original Poster
Steve - Thanks for the link and everybody thanks for the info on the tour. I can't wait. I have wanted to do it for a very long time. Our youngest daughter went on her first trip to WDW in 2009 and was a few months shy of 2 years old at the time. She had me take her on Living With the Land several times each day we were in EPCOT. That was the ride she talked about most for the following year. We went again this past January and it was closed for refurb and she was disappointed. I can't wait to take her on the ride again and on this tour.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Sounds good, it's on my list. Quick question for you, is there any photo restrictions?

Steve, there are almost no restrictions, in fact this is the one tour where it is incouraged! I have lots of great pictures from the "other side" of living with the land.

While you can make reservations for this tour, it is easy to make arrangements at the walk up desk to the left of Soarin' entrance. There are multiple tours each day. I have never had a problem being shut out (as long as you don't have too tight a time window). All tours include fish feeding (they are always hungry). Certain days include gator feeding and other special events. There are also "snacks" included with each tour.

Best bargain for the money at Disney!!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I can't remember for sure, but I think there might have been a restriction when you are in the backstage area. It is a small part of the tour where you are in a lab area and outdoor area to get into the greenhouse. I am positive that once you are in the greenhouse you can take photos of anything you would like.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

I have done this tour three times, at varying times of the day.

Fed the fish all three times. One time we fed them twice.

Let loose ladybugs twice, and parasitic wasps once.

Collected parasitic wasp eggs in the lab once

Ate cucumbers twice, one of which was mickey head shaped. Ate somthing else the other time - maybe lettuce?

Took pictures EVERYWHERE except as was noted the small part of the backstage area you walk through between the lab and the greenhouse.

Really a nice tour, especialy if you are interested in horticulture in any way.

DSC03840.jpg

DSC03847.jpg

-dave

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom