Beginnings of Tomorrowland Revamp?

rct247

My only guess to why Astro (and thus the rest of the building) is going down during the busy summer months is due the fact that thunderstorms cause it to close and summer is peak thunderstorm period.

RayTheFirefly

Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere, but I searched and couldn't find it anywhere else.

So now that there are more detailed trailers out for the Tomorrowland film, do we think there is any possibility of a somewhat re-theme to this world they've created? We know the movie is based on the land (and even includes Space Mountain), but obviously the land/world in the movie will not have places like "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin." I know this is a lot of unrealistic dreaming, but it could be fun to discuss :).

So should the movie be a big success, would WDW consider aligning the land with the film a bit more?

Dice50

Tomorrowland has big potential, but there is a lot that needs done. If I were in charge and had the budget...

- I'd keep Space Mountain, Astro Orbitor, Buzz, and keep the Speedway cars - but add a super fast lane for adults.
- I'd add show scenes to the People Mover
- I'd take out Carrousel of Progress & replace it with a large E-ticket ride - something like the Tron Coaster I've heard proposed or maybe take Journey to the Center of the Earth like they have in DisneyJapan and make it Journey to the Center of the Moon (half indoor/half outdoor ride)
- I'd take out Lilo & Stich and replace it with a simulator ride, some like Star Tours but obviously different
- Monsters Inc. would be replaced with another D or E ticket ride

So basically 2 new big time rides, and an upgrade to Speedway and I think most of us would be happy. You could probably do it for $400MM or less

Sped2424

Sorry if this is being discussed elsewhere, but I searched and couldn't find it anywhere else.

So now that there are more detailed trailers out for the Tomorrowland film, do we think there is any possibility of a somewhat re-theme to this world they've created? We know the movie is based on the land (and even includes Space Mountain), but obviously the land/world in the movie will not have places like "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin." I know this is a lot of unrealistic dreaming, but it could be fun to discuss :).

So should the movie be a big success, would WDW consider aligning the land with the film a bit more?

I believe this film could open the door for that if it meets any sort of pirates level success. The real factor is if it will, and if it manages to do that I could see the concept for a tomorrowland redo come about.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't know if I saw it in a trailer screen shot or in a one sheet, but there is a building that looks like Space Mountain. This film is just one more reason to love Brad Bird.

Definitely Space Mountain
Capture.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom