Beer bottles and gang fights not your thing?

agent86

There's a reason why WDW gets rave reviews from disabled.

I'm curious, can you share your sources for where you've read these "rave reviews from disabled"? Or is it just something you made up?

--looks at watch while patiently awaiting a response to question--

--looks at calendar while patiently awaiting a response to question--

Well, I guess since it's been one week since I asked you where you got your information that "WDW gets rave reviews from disabled", and you haven't responded, that pretty much gives me my answer...you made it up. :hammer:

hack2112

So I think I finally realized why Universal is so good.

They listen to their fans.

The A&D team always seem to take our ideas into consideration, and considering they made an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) to tie into this year's theme, I think they actually care about us.

Caring, there's something Disney doesn't do a whole lot of.

shiekra38

After swearing not to go to Universal/IOA again following 2007's Horror Night experience, I unfortunately had to go to City Walk last weekend to meet some relatives. On the plus side, I'll say this, parking was free and Pat O'Brien's is a good time. The good ends there.

After using sonar to find a parking spot in the bat cave they call a parking garage, we began the mile long hike to City Walk. Fortunately, they have escalators and conveyor walk-ways. Unfortunately, a lot of them weren't working. Which, was great, because we got to fully-experience the ecclectic group of thugs and child hip hop wannabes who grace the area. I don't want to hear a group rendition of Akon being screamed, and I'm not old, but I am old enough to be turned off by constant yelling of swear words around a lot of little kids. Then, when we finally made it to City Walk, we were greeted by a fight over someone's "bit#$" and beer bottles all over the ground.

We enjoyed Pat O's, and there seems to be a lot of entertaining things to do at City Walk and the Universal parks. But, until they get the place cleaned up, I won't be going back unless I'm forced to. I won't even address Horror Nights, except to say I'm not a big fan of the Evil Clown dancing in blood, simulated adult acts in front of children, and religious insults.

So, Universal, given your proposed alternative, I prefer Nemo to Ne Yo, and I suppose "pixie dust and fairy tales" are my thing. Rant over.
Well you are just too cute...here is the thing, HHN is an adult themed event and Citywalk at night is an adult only venue (at least upstairs). Nobody asked you to keep up with those kids. You could have easily stopped and waited for them to pass, but you chose to stick next to them pretty dumb if you ask me. Next thing I love how people talk about how HHN is such a terrible thing. Disney is damn good at Christmas to likes of which Universal could not touch on the flipside Universal is the studio the invented the horror movie and is rated number one as the SCARIEST theme park event in the country. It's going to have scary and appaling things. Going to HHN and not expecting that is like a vegetarian going to Mc Donalds and complaining that it has meat...DUH.
Lastly I love how Disney has some of you on such a short leash it's like a bad girl or boyfriend with some of you. Had this occured at Disney (which it does) I'm guessing you would have said "ah loook at the cute kids I wounder if they're going to try out for American Idol :hammer:I think I'll join them in singing yah butterflies and pixie dust". To you Disney can do no wrong so you may take Nemo I think I'll keep Spiderman and Spongebob...they could kick Mickey's a$$ any day. Now that's something I would like to see...any animators here lol?

shiekra38

lol I agree, but I just didn't want to sound like I was siding completely with Universal, but I will admit their holiday festivities are top notch as well.

liquid toez

With regards to the walk from your parking space to the City Walk complex, it always takes me about 5 minutes. Why? Because I figured out the secret on how to park close to the entance. I'm not going to tell you the secret because I don't want to invite competition for the good parking spaces :p :p

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
With regards to the walk from your parking space to the City Walk complex, it always takes me about 5 minutes. Why? Because I figured out the secret on how to park close to the entance. I'm not going to tell you the secret because I don't want to invite competition for the good parking spaces :p :p

Then why even bring it up? :shrug:

liquid toez

It's a privacy issue with me, but I don't trust valets - I don't like complete strangers in my personal car, maybe a rental car would be ok. :lookaroun

tirian

*yawn*

Every theme park on earth has issues; even beloved TDR has its underwhelming Fantasyland. The original DL is always held up as superior to the MK, but you won't think so if you visit on a crowded weekend.

My only issue with Universal is that their targeted demographic brings along a lot of the obnoxious behavior associated with teenagers—just like the tour groups at Disney. :lol:

Thunder Kz

Original Poster
Lastly I love how Disney has some of you on such a short leash it's like a bad girl or boyfriend with some of you. Had this occured at Disney (which it does) I'm guessing you would have said "ah loook at the cute kids I wounder if they're going to try out for American Idol :hammer:I think I'll join them in singing yah butterflies and pixie dust". To you Disney can do no wrong so you may take Nemo I think I'll keep Spiderman and Spongebob...they could kick Mickey's a$$ any day. Now that's something I would like to see...any animators here lol?

You get an F for reading comprehension. But, I'll give you an A for self-serving comments and ability to indiscriminately put words into someone else's mouth. Good work.

Thunder Kz

Original Poster
It's not that so many people are disagreeing with me. Some people equate Universal criticism with being Disney extremist and then blast anyone who dares criticize either company. For example, what's your basis for saying to me Disney does no wrong? I think Disney has its fair share of faults, but that wasn't the point of this post. Why does that threaten you? In my opinion, some in this post are being hyper-protective of both Universal and Disney. Again, I think criticism is productive for both companies. You might disagree, but I don't think criticizing Universal is the same as being a Disney extremist.

Slipknot

Caring, there's something Disney doesn't do a whole lot of.

Actually Disney does listen to their guests. Why do you think male Disney CMs don't have longer hair or goatees, or are not allowed to wear earrings....

Granted it may not be what you are talking about, but it does show that Disney does listen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom