Beast's Castle - Does it "work"?

Jose

Well, when I first saw Beast's Castle from far, I thought it was very big and so on. But when I saw the castle by the bridge of BoG It seemed to me so small that I kept thinking all the time if it was small or big, but when I saw the photos with the men next to it, I realised that it was miniature :(

Oddysey

I have seen it multiple times in person, and Im sorry, as much as I want it to work it does not. Especially the closer you get. Without me even mentioning it my wife made the comment that it looked liked super nice childs playhouse on top of a large rock. After seeing it several times I dont think it was ever meant to look real. If it tricks anybody into thinking it is a large castle then they are likely casual park visitors who are not looking at it very closely. In that respect it does the job it is intended to do in that it represents the attraction/restaruant that is Beast's Castle. Even if it looks tiny when you are near to it and paying close attention to the detail.

LithiumBill

IMO it does work, I stood there on the bridge and believed that the castle was up in the distance. Also from the other side of the FLE in the CIRCUS it was just as believable. My kids though that the BOG entrance was in the "basement", so no magic was lost there.

flipadeeflop

When i was there last, I asked my parents how tall the CASTLE was, and they told me several stories (4+). I then showed them this photo and they were stunned.
beastscastleconstruction1.jpg
Well then!!

tinkerblonde11

is there a video of the completed Beast's castle and how it looks compared to the entrance of the BoG restaurant? I'm a bit confused... is the restaurant supposed to seem like it's inside the castle? Even with all that rock...

BrightImagine

Is there a separate topic for the fact that many guests don't seem to understand what Be Our Guest is? We visited recently and seemed to be surrounded by people who did not understand that it was a restaurant. Part of the problem may have been a language barrier. But I think that also... the exterior is so beautiful that one would think that it must be an attraction.

We are old hands at Disney, and we also got confused there... we didn't know that we had to check in at the little station beside the bridge before proceeding to the door. And at the little station there was one extremely long line and one line of two or three people... and seemingly they were both for the same check-in.

At the check in I heard one man stand in line to ask "Excuse me... what is this?"

I think Be Our Guest would benefit from more CMs stationed in the vicinity to help confused people.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Is there a separate topic for the fact that many guests don't seem to understand what Be Our Guest is? We visited recently and seemed to be surrounded by people who did not understand that it was a restaurant. Part of the problem may have been a language barrier. But I think that also... the exterior is so beautiful that one would think that it must be an attraction.

We are old hands at Disney, and we also got confused there... we didn't know that we had to check in at the little station beside the bridge before proceeding to the door. And at the little station there was one extremely long line and one line of two or three people... and seemingly they were both for the same check-in.

At the check in I heard one man stand in line to ask "Excuse me... what is this?"

I think Be Our Guest would benefit from more CMs stationed in the vicinity to help confused people.
Perhaps these people can't read a park map either.

Skibum1970

I went there on 1/27/13 and did not think that the forced perspective worked. Part of the problem is the waterfall, which I love. The waterfall doesn't look really tall and thus the castle doesn't either. The castle, by way of comparison, just looks like a miniature. Pretty but still miniature.

Genie of the Lamp

Yeah had the waterfall been taller, that really would've made a difference and really captivate the forced perspective on Beast's castle. But IMO I think it's fine the way it is currently.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yeah had the waterfall been taller, that really would've made a difference and really captivate the forced perspective on Beast's castle. But IMO I think it's fine the way it is currently.
The only way the waterfall would help the perspective would be to slow down the water as it goes over the fall.

The same way filmmakers use miniature ships in a bathtub to look like full size ships on the ocean...they speed up the film, thereby slowing down the waves and making them more realistic as full size waves.

bubbles1812

I think it looks more believable at night that it does when everything is illuminated during the day. It didnt look horrible by any means but there is definitely no way to hide the fact that it is tiny when you get up close to it.

Animaniac93-98

Having seen it again (from nearly all possiblt angles), I'd have to say no. Both it and the "mountain" it sits on are to small to achieve the proper effect. The same is true for Eric's, but it is larger and looks nicer.

WDWFREAK53

I think it works great from a distance, but once you're on the bridge going into the restaurant, it really loses something.

I do agree that it looks great at night though :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom