Beastly kingdom

peppermintbark1

Original Poster
Is beastly kingdom EVER going to be built? I have been looking for this info for such a long time, but i can't find any press releases after 2001. However, last time i went to animal kingdom (which was two years ago, so they might have gotten rid of them) I saw cranes behind the rainforest cafe, which was where they were going to put beastly kingdom. that's also where that stone dragon is located. Does anyone have any recent information on it?:)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
***Thinks to himself, self, just leave now. Dont say anything because you will very likely be accused of being mean, spiteful, and full of venom. It would be better that you back out quietly and not make waves. I ask myself, what would Mr. Pickles do? He would say something and then give a thought for the day. I cant do that. I will just sit and watch.

***Gets a chair, popcorn and a very large mug of Shiner Bock

ssidiouss@mac.c

Beastly Kingom may happen though.. Steve Jobbs got his buddy who ran pixar to get a position of power in imagineering.. and the dude is a disney nut who actually used to work on the jungle cruise when he was younger.. so anything is possible.. last rumor i heard he was flipping through projects that needed to be greenlit.. like.. beastly kingdom!

Connor002

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Beastly Kingom may happen though.. Steve Jobbs got his buddy who ran pixar to get a position of power in imagineering.. and the dude is a disney nut who actually used to work on the jungle cruise when he was younger.. so anything is possible.. last rumor i heard he was flipping through projects that needed to be greenlit.. like.. beastly kingdom!

There, so far, is no evidence to support that Lasseter will have any such power.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Connor002 said:
There, so far, is no evidence to support that Lasseter will have any such power.

But he has a power title.. and there is no evidence so far to support that Lasseter will not have any such power. He has a great enthusiam for disney world/land.. and wanted the position.. he made sure to get it on the merger. and he has jobbs in his pocket as well.. who's on the board.. so funding might be easier on the projects he wants.

Connor002

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
But he has a power title.. and there is no evidence so far to support that Lasseter will not have any such power. He has a great enthusiam for disney world/land.. and wanted the position.. he made sure to get it on the merger. and he has jobbs in his pocket as well.. who's on the board.. so funding might be easier on the projects he wants.

I share your hopes for Lasseter, but I'm not ready to put all hope on him. Titles, as you've probably seen before, can mean absolutely nothing...

As for Jobs, he's a business man, I wouldn't expect him to be anymore ready to hand out the cash...

StitchIsKing

As cool as Beastly Kingdom sounds, I think the only way it could happen is if Everest makes a very lot of money and they want to continue on the Mystic creatures.

Even then, I doubt it.

miles1

Here's an idea for Steve, if he's not out stocking up on beverages and snacks for this thread.

Perhaps we can "sticky" these recurring topics (i.e. gate #5, the monorail expansion, and Beastly Kingdom) at the top of the board so that newcomers don't start them all over again at square one, then get flamed for it. As much as we all enjoy a drink and some entertainment while watching these threads over and over again, I think it makes us look like a bunch of unsociable folks to new members when we immediately jump all over them for posing what they believe to be a new question. If you've been here a while, simply ignore the "sticky" threads. The new members can get all their questions answered (plus a lot more than they bargained for.)

Just a thought.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
miles1 said:
I think it makes us look like a bunch of unsociable folks to new members when we immediately jump all over them for posing what they believe to be a new question.

The likelihood that a true new member would start his/her first thread ever with his/her first post on the boards on this topic is questionable at best....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom