Beastly Kingdom

WhyteAL

I completly agree with you about metro zoo versus animal kingdom, but all the rides you mention there are not targeted for kids 3-5 years of age so it becomes bothersom to either switch between us parents on the ride. while the little one waits outside or in que area not doing anything. A child will get bored. Now my 10 year old girl loves it because she rides all the rides twice once with mom and once with dad. LOL...but I like AK its just I wish it was a little bit more "magical", I think the themeing and idea of the park are wonderful, but like what is the point of Camp mickey just to take pictures with the characters seems like an awful waste of land. by the way the metro zoo has gotten a little better after the city started increasing their budget I thought at some point that place was gonna close down. Anyways don't freak out I'm not attacking AK I really like the park:p , I seem to have a little reserve feeling about it because of those reasons. What is the best is staying at the AKL that place is off the hook. But I will take AK over any zoo and or Universal attraction anyday. And a good 30%-40% of the animals are either noctornaly active or active at sunset in the evening time. And if your from SoFla you'll know that summer here is blazing hot which is another reason why these animals are not doing anything and don't get active until dusk.:wave:

Enderikari

wdwmagic said:
I dont think WDI would have a problem at all. The issue is Everest in it's current form cost over $100 million to build. To add in the additional attractions and "land" to be more in line with the original Beastly plans would put the cost over $200 million. It is just isnt financially feasible to do that in one project. Once a park has opened, the biggest investment you tend to see in a project is around the $100 million mark.

There may of course be additions to the Asia area in the future. So ultimately Everest may be joined by other attractions.

But don't... repeat don't... take that statement to mean that Disney is being cheap.. Beastly Kingdom was a project...a blue sky that got out to the public thanks to one Imagineer who really, really wanted to show people how cool he is (wears a hideous, non-Disney look earring). Well, Disney simply did the same thing that everyone of us do from time to time...
How many of us have sat down and thought, you know what would be cool? Maybe going on a cruise to Alaska, or building an expansion to my house. Really formed a good idea about something that would simply be awesome, and then filed it away for dreams because in actuality, the thing that you are wanting is far too expensive? Well, that's what Disney did too. Instead of going on a 14 day cruise to Alaska, they went on a 4 day cruise because that's how much money they could spend at the time.

Sharon L

First of all, I love Animal Kingdom. It is nice to have one park where you can take it easy for a day and just kind of stroll around. The other parks are much more hectic (but in a fun way).

I took the Backstage Safari (which is fantastic if you are a zoo and/or animal lover) back in November, and the tour guide was asked if any other lands would be added to the park. He didn't think there would be anything in the near future, but if something was to be added, it would be Beastly Kingdom, since they have already spent money developing that idea.

Ralphlaw

No movie connection

KentB3 said:
Why wasn't Beastly Kingdom financially feasible, if any of the others lands in Animal Kingdom were? :confused:

One other reason that Beastly Kingdom hasn't happened is because of the lack of a truly BIG recent Disney Movie which focuses on Mythical Creatures. Yes, Mulan had dragons, and Hercules had a few other creatures; but neither of these was enough to anchor an entire area of Animal Kingdom.

Also, neither of these recent movies was in the class of Lion King, Alladin, or Beauty and the Beast. However, Narnia is certainly big, and will continue to grow when/if subsequent movies are made. Also, possible tie-ins with Lord of the Rings and/or Harry Potter could help anchor a Beastly Kingdom.

With the possible exception of EPCOT, you will find that most of the parks were pretty sparse at the times of their Grand Openings. Disney Studios only had a handful of attractions, with no Star Tours, Indiana Jones, Rockin' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, or Muppets. And Magic Kingdom, if memory serves, did not have a single "mountain" until a few years later.

Financially, it's risky to spend too much too soon. After all, AK could have been an overall flop, the economy could have nosedived, or some terrorism, natural disaster or scandal could have obliterated Florida Tourism. I assume that AK will evolve relatively quickly as did Studios and MK. In the next five years, it will expand greatly, and people will be amazed at how comparatively little there was to do back when.

trendicoff

Yes Beastly Kingdom was designed, and if you ever have a chance to check any of the master planning maps for DAK you'll see that it was supposed to be in the area that is now Camp Minnie Mickey. It still exists on paper, but many of the attractions originally designed for it have gone to other theme parks, most notably Deuling Dragons the roller coaster. Maybe someday it will happen, but with the success of FOLK it would take a heck of alot of redesigning first

Pongo

Ralphlaw said:
One other reason that Beastly Kingdom hasn't happened is because of the lack of a truly BIG recent Disney Movie which focuses on Mythical Creatures. Yes, Mulan had dragons, and Hercules had a few other creatures; but neither of these was enough to anchor an entire area of Animal Kingdom.

Also, neither of these recent movies was in the class of Lion King, Alladin, or Beauty and the Beast. However, Narnia is certainly big, and will continue to grow when/if subsequent movies are made. Also, possible tie-ins with Lord of the Rings and/or Harry Potter could help anchor a Beastly Kingdom.

But, when Animal Kingdom opened, there were no movie tie-ins in either Africa, Dinoland, or Asia when it opened later. A land in AK is not dependent on characters for support like in MK.

Still, the only major character tie-ins are Flik, The Lion King, and Aladar, now that Tarzan is gone. Oh, and Pocahontas. So four. AK is park with the LEAST character involvement.

I'm not following your logic.

shoppingnut

Mimi said:
What!?! He's not real? :)

My thoughts exactly!! We all know the Yeti is real.

AK is the least favorite of the parks for me, since the zoo we had here had many of these animals and of course then there was Ringling Brothers Circus where you used to be able to go early and visit with all the animals. I can remember feeding the elephants peanuts. They definitely need to add more rides for the 3-5 year olds, which I also enjoy greatly too.

peter11435

trendicoff said:
Yes Beastly Kingdom was designed, and if you ever have a chance to check any of the master planning maps for DAK you'll see that it was supposed to be in the area that is now Camp Minnie Mickey. It still exists on paper, but many of the attractions originally designed for it have gone to other theme parks, most notably Deuling Dragons the roller coaster. Maybe someday it will happen, but with the success of FOLK it would take a heck of alot of redesigning first

No attraction from Beastly Kingdom has ever been built anywhere. Dueling Dragons was not designed for DAK, that is nothing more than an internet fan rumor.

peter11435 said:
No attraction from Beastly Kingdom has ever been built anywhere. Dueling Dragons was not designed for DAK, that is nothing more than an internet fan rumor.

Dueling Dragons was not designed for DAK HOWEVER the imagineers who designed beastly kingdom and the inverted dragon coaster "Dare the Dragon" went to work for IOA designing Lost Continent and so in a way, Dueling Dragons is loosely based on "Dare the Dragon".

Lee

Adventurer
Enderikari said:
Beastly Kingdom was a project...a blue sky that got out to the public thanks to one Imagineer who really, really wanted to show people how cool he is (wears a hideous, non-Disney look earring).

Wellllllll.....not really. It got further than blue sky, and Rohde didn't actually leak anything, Disney themselves published some info and concept art for the attraction. It was never a big secret. I was actually told by a vp from Ak (in 1999) that Beastly Kingom was part of a "twenty year plan" for the park. Obviously that has changed, but again it shows that it was more than blue sky.
:cool:

Lee said:
Wellllllll.....not really. It got further than blue sky, and Rohde didn't actually leak anything, Disney themselves published some info and concept art for the attraction. It was never a big secret. I was actually told by a vp from Ak (in 1999) that Beastly Kingom was part of a "twenty year plan" for the park. Obviously that has changed, but again it shows that it was more than blue sky.
:cool:

I knew about Beastly Kingdom when I was like twelve because I read about it in Disney Magazine..the article was written as if to expect it on opening day. I remember when I first went to DAK I was scratching my head wondering where beastly kingdom was!
Anyway, I still say its going to happen...just with modifications and possible movie tie-ins.

Lee

Adventurer
Ghostbuster626 said:
Anyway, I still say its going to happen...just with modifications and possible movie tie-ins.
Sorry to disappoint you....but, it ain't gonna happen.

Bobble

Personally, I'm kind of glad that this Beastly Kingdom was not and is not going to be built. It has a Universal feel to it (at least by the way it has been described) and I don't think any of us want that invading Disney

Tim G

disneyland50 said:
hey does anyone know if Beastly Kingdom a new land at Animal Kingdom will be built? Or if its confirmed? Or if construction is underway? If you know post me.

Q) Do I know??
A) Matter of act I DO know...

Q) If it's confirmed??
A) YES, it IS confirmed...

It's NOT going to be build!!! :rolleyes:

Videoteck

disneyland50 said:
hey does anyone know if Beastly Kingdom a new land at Animal Kingdom will be built? Or if its confirmed? Or if construction is underway? If you know post me.

lol what is beastly kingdom lol.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom