Beastly Kingdom

Pongo

Ghostbuster626 said:
Now im not trying to imply beastly kingdom is coming soon or anything im just saying the WDC makes it pretty clear that it exists and I think its foolish to say "beastly kingdom is never going to happen". I mean I know when Eisner/Pressler/Weiss/Sklar were running the show only 1 in 50 blue sky ideas got greenlit because it was all about keeping costs down, lowering expectations, and trying to raise short term profits. But now a new era has begun under Jobs/Iger/Lasseter with marty sklar on the way out and Al Weiss moving to a different position. So the possibility exists that a VERSION of Beastly Kingdom, no matter how different from the original concept, will eventually get built at DAK.

How often does WDI just drop a new land onto one of their parks? Especially one that would cost as much as BK.

Listen to Corrus. He knows much more than you in regards to this subject. He has much more credibility than books or magazines that try to please the fans.

Pongo said:
How often does WDI just drop a new land onto one of their parks? Especially one that would cost as much as BK.

Listen to Corrus. He knows much more than you in regards to this subject. He has much more credibility than books or magazines that try to please the fans.

They dont drop new lands very often however since there hasnt been a new land for so long and since the Disney company is so full of money thanks to Eisner's budgetering..I remain confident that the time may be right...soon. And for the recod I do listen to Corrus and he is a very credible source however I disagree with his statement that something similar to BK will never be built in that area of DAK. I mean even now there is talk that Tony Baxter may FINALLY get to build his dream project, Discovery Bay, at Disneyland..and hardcore disney fans have been waiting for that land since the 1970's. If Disneyland does get that, and I know it seems like a longshot, but if they do then there is absoluetly no reason why Joe Rhode cant get Beastly Kingdom greenlit for DAK especially since its so desperate for rides/attractions to make it a full day park.

Pongo

Ghostbuster626 said:
If Disneyland does get that, and I know it seems like a longshot, but if they do then there is absoluetly no reason why Joe Rhode cant get Beastly Kingdom greenlit for DAK especially since its so desperate for rides/attractions to make it a full day park.

Except for the fact that it's not a possibility anymore.The plans have been shelved. Forever. Just like Western River Expansion. We got PotC instead. In the case of BK, we got Everest.

Captain Chaos

Isn't there a saying with Imagineering that projects and ideas never die? Even is the concept for BK is currently locked away in a storeroom somewhere, that doesn't mean the idea is dead. Maybe BK wil be built, maybe it won't.. But maybe, just maybe, the original idea of BK has evolved into something else that disney is waiting to slap on us.. And when Everest proves successful, maybe then will we get an announcement of some sort... Won't count on it, but one never knows what Disney has in store until they officially announce it...

If people want to dream of BK getting built, they can. It is foolish to say Disney will do something, but can't we say we HOPE Disney builds BK? Why can't people on this message board let others dream? Why do you feel the need to come down and make beet feel small for expressing their desires and dreams??? Let's discuss why we THINK it WILL or WON'T happen, not bash someone who wishing something happens.

CaliSurfer182

dxer07002 said:
If people want to dream of BK getting built, they can. It is foolish to say Disney will do something, but can't we say we HOPE Disney builds BK? Why can't people on this message board let others dream? Why do you feel the need to come down and make beet feel small for expressing their desires and dreams??? Let's discuss why we THINK it WILL or WON'T happen, not bash someone who wishing something happens.

I don't believe any post was used/meant for bashing any members dreams, wishes, and or hopes. Anyway the topic at hand wasn't presented as a wish or hope, but as a question seeking an answer, and I believe the answer(s) were dispensed!

tirian

A fantasy-animals-themed land was also featured in the DAK introduction that Disney published in an Annual Stockholders report from the 90s (I forgot which year it was, but the cover had dalmatians on it). The land wasn't named. The fact that it was mentioned doesn't mean that it was actually going to be built, but I've heard that it was and it wasn't.

I agree with Corrus that a Narnia-based land probably won't happen. Lewis' estate has traditionally been extremely protective of his works, similarly to Tolkien's (yet both of those estates allowed cheap animated films to be made; the wonder of it!). Furthermore, Walden--not Disney--owns the rights to the books. Disney is merely releasing and advertising the films (the "attraction" at the Studios doesn't count as anything other than an advertisement).

Tangent: Imagine the threads if the internet existed when Walt Disney bought the rights to the "Oz" books. The studio announced they were making Oz into an animated feature--Walt and Annette even talked about it on the Mickey Mouse Club--and then it never happened. Considering the animated feature that could have been made from the book series, "Return to Oz" barely counts as utilizing the rights ownership. Moral of the story: Don't take blue-sky things too seriously, because solid information probably exists to confirm and deny the same thing.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Announced officially with concept art and some plans/details:

Western River Expedition
The Little Mermaid dark ride
Plectus Galactic Revue
CV360 time travel show with morphing animatronics
E.P.C.O.T
EPCOT Theme Center
The World Showcase
Journeys in Space
Equitorial Africa
Switzerland with Matterhorn
Rhine River Boat Ride
Meet the World
Mt. Fuji Rollercoaster
Ginza district
French Expo
UK Vaudaville theatre
Soviet Union
Mickeys Movieland
Roger Rabbits Hollywood
Toontown Trolley
Baby Hermans Buggy Ride
Muppet Studios
Beastly Kingdom

and officially we are still waiting for these to open, along with the Meditteranean Resort and Cyprus Point ...

tirian said:
A fantasy-animals-themed land was also featured in the DAK introduction that Disney published in an Annual Stockholders report from the 90s (I forgot which year it was, but the cover had dalmatians on it). The land wasn't named. The fact that it was mentioned doesn't mean that it was actually going to be built, but I've heard that it was and it wasn't.

I agree with Corrus that a Narnia-based land probably won't happen. Lewis' estate has traditionally been extremely protective of his works, similarly to Tolkien's (yet both of those estates allowed cheap animated films to be made; the wonder of it!). Furthermore, Walden--not Disney--owns the rights to the books. Disney is merely releasing and advertising the films (the "attraction" at the Studios doesn't count as anything other than an advertisement).

Tangent: Imagine the threads if the internet existed when Walt Disney bought the rights to the "Oz" books. The studio announced they were making Oz into an animated feature--Walt and Annette even talked about it on the Mickey Mouse Club--and then it never happened. Considering the animated feature that could have been made from the book series, "Return to Oz" barely counts as utilizing the rights ownership. Moral of the story: Don't take blue-sky things too seriously, because solid information probably exists to confirm and deny the same thing.

You know that the queen from Narnia is now a walk-around charecter at Disneyland right? Disney obviously snatched the theme park rights to the series just like they did with Star Wars and want to do with Harry Potter. Also does anyone have concept art of Plectu's Intergalactic Review? Id love to see it.

tirian

Yes, I know about the meet-and-greet Witch at DL. Last November, there were rumors that the Studios was going to get one, too; but our White Witch is in the attraction.

However, a meet-and-greet does not equal full theme-park rights. Is the walk-around Witch permanent, or is she only there while the film is popular? My point is that although Disney may have elements of the films in their theme parks, Lewis' estate is extremely protective of the brand and won't just hand it over to Disney to include in the Disney canon. We may get an attraction, but don't expect the White Witch to be included in "Disney Villains" merchandise.

OFF TOPIC: I want to see Plectu's Intergalactic Review, too! :)

Lee

Adventurer
Ghostbuster626 said:
Also does anyone have concept art of Plectu's Intergalactic Review? Id love to see it.
Don't think I have any...I'll have to look. It was part of the "Tomorrowland 2055" project that never happened at Disneyland in the early 1990s.

Tim G

marni1971 said:

Western River Expedition
Plectus Galactic Revue
E.P.C.O.T
EPCOT Theme Center
The World Showcase
Journeys in Space
Equitorial Africa
Rhine River Boat Ride
Meet the World
Mt. Fuji Rollercoaster
Ginza district
French Expo
UK Vaudaville theatre
Soviet Union
Mickeys Movieland
Roger Rabbits Hollywood
Toontown Trolley
Baby Hermans Buggy Ride
Muppet Studios
Beastly Kingdom

and officially we are still waiting for these to open, along with the Meditteranean Resort and Cyprus Point ...

And "officially" we all know.... That it ain't gonna happen... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee said:
Don't think I have any...I'll have to look. It was part of the "Tomorrowland 2055" project that never happened at Disneyland in the early 1990s.

damn. Well if anyone has any TL 2055 concept art that they'd like to share they will be my biggest hero.

CaliSurfer182

marni1971 said:

Western River Expedition
Plectus Galactic Revue
E.P.C.O.T
EPCOT Theme Center
The World Showcase
Journeys in Space
Equitorial Africa
Rhine River Boat Ride
Meet the World
Mt. Fuji Rollercoaster
Ginza district
French Expo
UK Vaudaville theatre
Soviet Union
Mickeys Movieland
Roger Rabbits Hollywood
Toontown Trolley
Baby Hermans Buggy Ride
Muppet Studios
Beastly Kingdom

You left off Disney's America!

Mecha Figment

CaliSurfer182 said:
You left off Disney's America!

and it is because of the people that prevented Disney America from happening we will never probably see another Disney themepark resort again in usa. thatswhy they are shipping them over seas.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
tirian said:
OFF TOPIC: I want to see Plectu's Intergalactic Review, too! :)

All I have is the press release. Funnily enough, these press releases gave dates for some of these projects; Russia by 1999, Journeys in Space by 1996, Med resort by 1994...

Personally I`m still waiting for the Persian Resort :lol:

One thing I found; official mention of The Little Mermaid dark ride going into Fantasyland / Mickeys Toon Town. I presume this was the one designed for DLP. Anyone know any more?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom