Beastly Kingdom may come back to Animal Kingdom!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i dont think that they are "talking down" to you.... i think that they are just nicely putting you in your place with your contradictions. just hang back for awhile. ST2 might be awhile.

EDIT: as i asked before..... does the late Thrawn know you hyjacked his avatar? he might thrash you

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
And here comes mister "high and mighty" to talk down to the lowly "children. Obviously you and Wannabe@dis are looking for trouble. But you know what im just going to ignore you from now on.
I don't think I started any problems! I was just discussing the topics in this thread. I would think my posts and questions here have merit and I don't see how you can claim I was looking for trouble. If you think so, please report my post to the mods and they'll decide if I was out of line. :wave:

Lynx04

I think it is unfair to critize Screamscape. Screamscape is a self proclaimed news and RUMOR site, not just a news site. If you read the rumors that were added to day, it states that they are only rumors in the message. I read more outragious rumors on the forums of this site, then what is posted on screamscape some times.

As for the return of BK, given new management, and end to the current expansion period, anything is possible, I wouldn't go "All In" on any bets at this point.

wannab@dis

Lynx04 said:
I think it is unfair to critize Screamscape. Screamscape is a self proclaimed news and RUMOR site, not just a news site. If you read the rumors that were added to day, it states that they are only rumors in the message. I read more outragious rumors on the forums of this site, then what is posted on screamscape some times.

As for the return of BK, given new management, and end to the current expansion period, anything is possible, I wouldn't go "All In" on any bets at this point.
I don't know. They seem to come off as trying to have some legitimacy. But yet, I think they post anything that someone sends them and don't look to see if there's any merit to the information.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Lynx04 said:

There is a difference between a rumor from a reliable source and one that someone pulled out of thin air. It would appear that Screamscape does not differentiate between the two and prints what ever rumors it receives without any attempt to verify their authenticity.

Lynx04

wannab@dis said:
I don't know. They seem to come off as trying to have some legitimacy. But yet, I think they post anything that someone sends them and don't look to see if there's any merit to the information.

But people do the same thing in this forum, what is the difference? It is a rumor nothing more, take it as that. Rumor is a rumor no matter what the source. My opinion is, don't believe it until a press release. Discuss rumors, but don't look at one rumor being more reliable then the next, cause 9 out of 10 times it isn't.

How many fifth gates, monorail, harry potter, indy, etc, etc, etc, rumors have been posted on this site.

wannab@dis

Lynx04 said:
How many fifth gates, monorail, harry potter, indy, etc, etc, etc, rumors have been posted on this site.
On the forum? Lots. And they're shot down in discussions very quickly.
On the main WDWMagic site? None. Because Steve works hard to be sure of the sources before it's posted.

That's the difference I was pointing out. Screamscape tries to be more like the primary WDWMagic site than the forums. Sure, they qualify it as a 'rumor' but is it more of 'gossip' than something that has some semblance of authenticity? :wave:

Lynx04

wannab@dis said:
On the forum? Lots. And they're shot down in discussions very quickly.
On the main WDWMagic site? None. Because Steve works hard to be sure of the sources before it's posted.

That's the difference I was pointing out. Screamscape tries to be more like the primary WDWMagic site than the forums. Sure, they qualify it as a 'rumor' but is it more of 'gossip' than something that has some semblance of authenticity? :wave:

If the site stated the rumors as fact, then I would criticize its lagitimacy. But since it stated its post as a rumor, I don't think it is fair to criticize the poster, since he is even saying that it isn't a fact and nothing more then gossip, since gossip is a rumor is afterall. It makes more sense to criticize the rumor - which I have my own doubts about - then the person posting it.

Steve posts mostly news, rather then rumors.

The Adventurer

In my opinion, Beastly Kingdom would throw off the overall feel of Animal Kingdom; especially if they put in a medievil setting. It would have to be executed carefully for it to be harmonious with the rest of the park. I think they should expand using Australia, North America, & South America. The Amazon River is such an inspirational source. Dinoland, U.S.A, I think, is only successful because it isn't as visible from Discovery Island. I think Imagineers need to keep remembering that this is ANIMAL Kingdom... not Characterland or Scary Fantasyland.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Marcie at Mouseinfo (their resident "expert") said MGM was getting something, and i believed the ABC stage and Sounds Dangerous buildings were alluded to.

I do beleive she prefaced it by saying it was being considered/planned, but not final.

Lee

Adventurer
mousermerf said:
Marcie at Mouseinfo (their resident "expert") said MGM was getting something, and i believed the ABC stage and Sounds Dangerous buildings were alluded to.

I do beleive she prefaced it by saying it was being considered/planned, but not final.

Yeah...I posted about something headed to the studios a while back. I had heard that work could be starting as early as this spring...that's not looking too likely right now.

Glad to hear Marcie has said something similar. She works at TDA, but often has some good WDW info as well.:animwink:

lamarvenoy

I think Steve is right, Everest added the suspended disbelief that Beastly Kingdom was originally going to. I think too much more fantasy could dilute the live animal themeing. There is now a major coaster-thrill ride based on fantasy and there is no need to make AK into another IoA. In the eyes of the people who make the financial budgets....AK got its wad,no need to put another big wad until the novelty of Everest wears a little thin.

nor'easter

Lynx04 said:

It is entirely fair to criticize this pompous site, especially since it tries to pass itself off as being in the know. It is probably less accurate that the average Disney newsgroup, and those are totally unfiltered. Some of the whoppers Screamscape has posted in the past are hilarious. It is worse than Jim Hill...that says a lot.

Lee said:
Yeah...I posted about something headed to the studios a while back. I had heard that work could be starting as early as this spring...that's not looking too likely right now.

Are they going to be using the money for something else instead now?

MickeyTigg

patsfan567 said:
Screamscape Has this Intresting news..... http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm
Future Plans - (3/7/06) Not only has the impact of Everest sparked some new thinking about the park’s hours (see above) but it seems that it has kicked off a renewed set of ideas on how to expand the park in the future to grow it into the park that it was always supposed to be. What does this mean? I’ve got two words for you... Beastly Kingdom. Based on the idea that Everest may have been the needed spark to drive up attendance and interest in this park, we’ve heard that the plans for Beastly Kingdom are being dusted off and make bigger than ever. One source tells us that the overall plan for the new area may include 3-4 small attractions, a new show and two massive E-Ticket attractions. More on this as we find out.

YOUR THOUGHTS?

Joe Rohde has said on a number of occassions that it's unlikely that we'll ever see a separate themed area called Beastly Kingdom....it's more likely that the ideas brought up for BK would be encorporated into various areas of the park.

TiggerRPh said:
Joe Rohde has said on a number of occassions that it's unlikely that we'll ever see a separate themed area called Beastly Kingdom....it's more likely that the ideas brought up for BK would be encorporated into various areas of the park.

He was probably just saying that because Eisner and Strategic Planning told him no. Rhode has been trying to build a beastly kingdom type land since long before Animal kingdom existed, I believe it was called Mythia and was designed as a possible land for Disneyland.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I don't think Rhode does much of anything he's told to do.. those earings have always irked me and i'm sure people in management too.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
nor'easter said:
It is entirely fair to criticize this pompous site, especially since it tries to pass itself off as being in the know. It is probably less accurate that the average Disney newsgroup, and those are totally unfiltered. Some of the whoppers Screamscape has posted in the past are hilarious. It is worse than Jim Hill...that says a lot.

I think you are missing the point. There is a huge difference in a "discussion forum" and a "news and rumors" site. In a discussion forum any one can post whatever the choose regardless if it is true or not. I can post that that I just quoted engineering costs for a building that is going up in the 5th gate if I so choose. It would then up to the readers to determine for themselves if the information was credible or not. Chances are people would call me out as a lier. However if Lee was to post the same information members would start reserving rooms around the projected opening date. When you spend some time reading the discussion forum section of this site you will soon find out which members really know what is going on, which ones think they no whats going on and those that are just full of BS.

Sites such as JH and SS give a sometime false aura of credibility because the rumors are posted in more of a factual news article format. Just because they say "rumor" in front of the topic does not relieve the author of the responsibility of checking his/her source. In the case of SS there seems to be little or no research done to verify rumored information.

WDWmagic has the rare distinction of being both a discussion forum and a news and information site. The main difference between WDWmagic's and SS rumors posted on the main site are the ones posted on WDWmagic are checked quite extensively by Steve. In the rare case that he is unable to verify a rumor he states it quite plainly so there is never any question. This makes the news and rumors much more accurate than "the throw up a bunch of crap and see what sticks" method used by some other sites.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom