Beastly Kingdom may come back to Animal Kingdom!

MartyMouse

Snapper Bean said:
I've never been a fan of the Beastly Kingdom concept. At this point, I would prefer that a quality family dark ride be added to Animal Kingdom which focuses on existing animals rather than mythical ones.

Snapper Bean
Yes sir - good answer.

ms7479a

Big news day for screamscape. How about this one:
"Disney Cruise Line - (3/7/06) Screamscape has heard a rather interesting rumor this week. Our source claims that Disney may be considering docking The Black Pearl, the famous ship from the Pirates of the Caribbean feature films, in Castaway Cay."
I really don't see this happening.

ms7479a

Here's another one from screamscape (I guess they decided to start all their controversey on the same day):
"(3/7/06) I don’t know any details, but we’ve heard a rumor that Spaceship Earth may undergo a massive rehab sometime in the next year. I’m not sure if this means the ride itself, or if my source was just talking about the post-show area which has been in desperate need of renovation for quite some time. Anyone know more?"
I especially like how they are asking people if they have more information, lol.

ms7479a

The more I read screamscape, the better it gets, lol:
"Star Tours 2 - Rumor - (3/7/06) It’s been some time since we’ve heard anything about Star Tours 2... possibly the oldest rumor I’ve ever covered. Over the years I’ve come to take every rumor about Star Tours 2 with a grain of salt any longer, but our source tells us that the green light may have finally been given. Anyone know more?"

ms7479a

I should have just posted after I read everything. This is rediculus (or just plain funny):
"E-Ticket - Rumor - (3/7/06) It’s only a rumor at this point, but we’ve heard that Imagineering is designing a major new E-Ticket attraction for the studios now, and this is not the Star Tours 2 project. We’ve heard a few rumors over the years that ranged from an Armageddon themed ride, to a copy of Journey To the Center of the Earth to a massive replacement for the Great Movie Ride that would rival Universal’s Spider-man ride. Anyone know more?"

ms7479a said:
The more I read screamscape, the better it gets, lol:
"Star Tours 2 - Rumor - (3/7/06) It’s been some time since we’ve heard anything about Star Tours 2... possibly the oldest rumor I’ve ever covered. Over the years I’ve come to take every rumor about Star Tours 2 with a grain of salt any longer, but our source tells us that the green light may have finally been given. Anyone know more?"

If someone confirms this rumor I will be the happiest person in the world.

jrriddle

Snapper Bean said:
I've never been a fan of the Beastly Kingdom concept. At this point, I would prefer that a quality family dark ride be added to Animal Kingdom which focuses on existing animals rather than mythical ones.

Snapper Bean

I was never excited by the concept either except for maybe Dragon Tower, which could be a nice addition to the MK in the old 20K spot.

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
Screw Indiana Jones..just please someone tell me that the Star Tours 2 rumor is true.
Ghostbuster626 said:
No thats just Matterhorn 2.0 :rolleyes:
For sake of debate... let's hypothesize that E:E is just Matterhorn 2.0 (which I think most would NEVER agree with).

So, why do you not like E:E / Matterhorn 2.0 but relish the idea of Star Tours 2.0? Both are "remakes/sequals" based on your posts.

wannab@dis said:
For sake of debate... let's hypothesize that E:E is just Matterhorn 2.0 (which I think most would NEVER agree with).

So, why do you not like E:E / Matterhorn 2.0 but relish the idea of Star Tours 2.0? Both are "remakes/sequals" based on your posts.

where did I say I did not like E:E?

jedimaster1227

I expect MGM (I mean Disney) Studios to get its share of updates first. Even though it was coming from Screamscape, my sources along with many of my friends' sources are agreeing with Screamscape on the rumor of something big coming to MGM. I know it sounds odd, because it is just speculation, but I think Disney is preparing to turn its attention to MGM because now that AK is ready to become a full day park, MGM would be the only half day park. RNR didn't give MGM the boost needed in attendence to last and the old backstage tour is slowly beginnning to die. There aren't any good shows left there except The Great Movie Ride.

jedimaster1227 said:
I expect MGM (I mean Disney) Studios to get its share of updates first. Even though it was coming from Screamscape, my sources along with many of my friends' sources are agreeing with Screamscape on the rumor of something big coming to MGM. I know it sounds odd, because it is just speculation, but I think Disney is preparing to turn its attention to MGM because now that AK is ready to become a full day park, MGM would be the only half day park. RNR didn't give MGM the boost needed in attendence to last and the old backstage tour is slowly beginnning to die. There aren't any good shows left there except The Great Movie Ride.

I just want Star Tours 2 and then I will never be heard from again.

Enderikari said:
And as soon as you can pony up 25 million dollars to sponsor the attraction, you can get that wish, until then, please wait quietly. Or I may have to refer you to this...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=1517530&postcount=171

And here comes mister "high and mighty" to talk down to the lowly "children. Obviously you and Wannabe@dis are looking for trouble. But you know what im just going to ignore you from now on.

Enderikari

Hey I am trying to help here... All I am saying is that if you really want to see something done, put your money where your mouth is. Its only a mere $25 million or so, less than a quarter of what it took to build Mission:Space. For that pittance of a fee, you can have all the Star Tours Refurbishments, and upgrades that your little heart desires... See? I am trying to be helpful!

P.S. I see you finally started admitting you are a child, well done, self-acceptance is an admirable trait.

P.P.S - Convenient how you never responded to the linked post... I thought that was in line with your way of thinking and posting style.

Hobnail Boot

Ghostbuster626 said:
I just want Star Tours 2 and then I will never be heard from again.
I'll build it myself if that's true.

Regarding the rumors:

1) Beastly Kingdom: I'm really tired of hearing about this. I'm not trying to be rude, but the number of n00bs who start topics like "OmG i JuSt hEaRd AbOuT tHiS nEw areA calLED beastly kingdom!! iS IT trUe??!!" has irritated me to the point of insanity. If the idea is renewed, great, if not, let it die.

2) Indiana Jones Adventure: I would love to have this ride at Disney/MGM. If it means sacrificing the Stunt Show, the so be it. It would help balance out the E-tickets in the park.

3) Star Tours 2: Definately needs an overhaul. This needs to be done first because the ride is really dated. Still enjoyable, but dated.

4) New Disney/MGM E-Ticket: Sounds good, but unlikely at this point. This is the first time I've heard about it and none of the other "notable" sites have said such a thing so I have my doubts.

That's my rant. I like what I hear but I have my doubts. "Anyone know more?" :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom