Beastlie Kingdomme Good Read

SpaceMountainUK

Corrus said:
:eek: Which are all booked btw...

Please don't talk about things, you dont know about... :lookaroun

Actually I've been visiting DLP since it opened as I live in the UK, And did I say ANYTHING about the hotels in their current state!? No I didn't!...... Yes NOW they are full but in the early years it was a FACT that the hotels were the problem! At one point they even were going to close the Newport Bay Club!!

Not to mention that when DLP opened it was actualy cheaper to go to Florida for a week than go to DLP for a few days!!

Obviously things have changed and the resort is starting to get back on its feet, but its still massivley in debt, almost 14 years after it opened!

jimmybog

gboiler1 said:
Alas, another BK post, but this is to make sure you check out a good read from MousePlanet today from an early AK imagineer working on the proposed Unicorn Maze. Enjoy...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=mg060308mp

Thanks for the article. Mouseplanet did some other very good articles about Beastly Kingdom a while back which gave a detailed overview of what the new land would contain. There is also some other concept art floating around on the web showing different parts of the new land. What a real shame Disney didn't build this.

peter11435

Ghostbuster626 said:
*coughtikiroomunderNEWmanagementcough*

Lets all sing the Tiki Room rap because you know thats SO HIP.
You may not like the new tiki attraction but you can't say it is not a quality attraction. It kept all of the original AA and added 4 great new AA. And while you may not like the attractions story it does have a story and it is cohesive. The show is very well done. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it is not good.

peter11435

jimmybog said:
Does that statement apply to the Disney Studios in Paris or the California Adventure Park?
I would say it applies to most things at DCA. Sure the park has problems but it was better than many people give it credit for. And now they are doing what needs to be done to fix the areas that need a little help. As for WDSP. That one is an exception. I think the park has some excellent attractions that are themeselves well done, cohesive, and Disney quality. The problem at that park is that the park itself is not as well done and cohesive.

peter11435 said:
I would say it applies to most things at DCA. Sure the park has problems but it was better than many people give it credit for. And now they are doing what needs to be done to fix the areas that need a little help. As for WDSP. That one is an exception. I think the park has some excellent attractions that are themeselves well done, cohesive, and Disney quality. The problem at that park is that the park itself is not as well done and cohesive.

Oh come on now your just being an appologist for Disney management.

peter11435

Ghostbuster626 said:
Oh come on now your just being an appologist for Disney management.
Not even close. I admit DCA has problems. But you can't deny that they are trying to fix them. And you can't deny that they park had some really good stuff as well. And I admit that WDSP as a whole is not well done and cohesive. All I said was the many of the attractions themeselves are good, its the overall execution of the park that is terrible. I would hardly think an appologist would say the park was not well done.

MuRkErY

Actually I've been visiting DLP since it opened as I live in the UK, And did I say ANYTHING about the hotels in their current state!? No I didn't!...... Yes NOW they are full but in the early years it was a FACT that the hotels were the problem! At one point they even were going to close the Newport Bay Club!!

Not to mention that when DLP opened it was actualy cheaper to go to Florida for a week than go to DLP for a few days!!

Obviously things have changed and the resort is starting to get back on its feet, but its still massivley in debt, almost 14 years after it opened!

Corrus was more than likely referring to the fact that you said it was "Eisners" idea to do this.

Please don't talk about things, you dont know about...:lookaroun

imagineersrock

peter11435 said:
I would say it applies to most things at DCA. Sure the park has problems but it was better than many people give it credit for.

Thank you!

I never understood all the DCA bashing. Sure it doesn't have 50+ attractions like Disneyland right across the street does, but hey- thats not what I was expecting when I went in there either. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at DCA. As a whole, it's a beautiful park with some great attractions. We found that the origional Soarin' fit in much better here than our Epcot counterpart. I also prefer the airplane hangar queue set-up with CM "mechanics" over our extremely long "airport terminal" with "flight attendants." We also really enjoyed the California Screamin' Coaster, extremely fun ride, and perfect length. Another favorite is Grizzly River Run. Best rapids-style ride I've ever been on. This thing blows Kali River Rapids out of the water (no pun intended.) Finally, there was the Aladdin show ---Simply the best live performance I have ever seen inside a theme park. Everything about it was broadway caliber, and both of my parents commented that the show alone was worth the price of admission to the park.

No, it isn't Disneyland... But I definitely think the foundation for a great theme park is already there. If in a few years, they are still continuing with additions such as the Monsters Inc. ride and revamp of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, I definitely think things are heading in the right direction.

Rosso11

Ghostbuster626 said:
I mean Sin City made a ton of money at the box office and its a disney produced movie but do people visiting theme parks want to go on a Sin City ride? or take photos with sin city charecters?

I don't know about everyone else but I would love for this to happen. I know it never would but it really could be amazing walking into sin city.

PhilharMagician

STR8FAN2005 said:
And some crazy, delusional people even find that debacle entertaining.

Are you calling me delusional?:lol: Stitch is not that bad. I know most people are upset about the loss of Alien Encounter as am I, but I believe the idea was to tame it a little to make it a more family enjoyable experience. For all the bashing this show get here and how most of you hate it, and say nobody likes it. Then is always a line and a wait for the show?

jimmybog

imagineersrock said:
Thank you!

I never understood all the DCA bashing. Sure it doesn't have 50+ attractions like Disneyland right across the street does, but hey- thats not what I was expecting when I went in there either. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our time at DCA. As a whole, it's a beautiful park with some great attractions. We found that the origional Soarin' fit in much better here than our Epcot counterpart. I also prefer the airplane hangar queue set-up with CM "mechanics" over our extremely long "airport terminal" with "flight attendants." We also really enjoyed the California Screamin' Coaster, extremely fun ride, and perfect length. Another favorite is Grizzly River Run. Best rapids-style ride I've ever been on. This thing blows Kali River Rapids out of the water (no pun intended.) Finally, there was the Aladdin show ---Simply the best live performance I have ever seen inside a theme park. Everything about it was broadway caliber, and both of my parents commented that the show alone was worth the price of admission to the park.

No, it isn't Disneyland... But I definitely think the foundation for a great theme park is already there. If in a few years, they are still continuing with additions such as the Monsters Inc. ride and revamp of the Hollywood Pictures Backlot, I definitely think things are heading in the right direction.

DCA was without a doubt built on the cheap, same as Disney Studios Paris. These two parks to me are an absolute embarrasment to the Disney name. This shows in the attendance figures at both which is why Disney management have to invest in new attractions and quickly. Why do you think at both parks they are constructing a Tower of Terror ride? As for DCA not being Disneyland? I don't mind it not being Disneyland but I and I'm sure many other Disney fans and staff would have preferred Westcott to have been built. I'm not bashing Disney for what they are doing now but what they did and I'm still finding it hard to forgive them.

PhilharMagician

jimmybog said:
DCA was without a doubt built on the cheap, same as Disney Studios Paris. These two parks to me are an absolute embarrasment to the Disney name. This shows in the attendance figures at both which is why Disney management have to invest in new attractions and quickly. Why do you think at both parks they are constructing a Tower of Terror ride? As for DCA not being Disneyland? I don't mind it not being Disneyland but I and I'm sure many other Disney fans and staff would have preferred Westcott to have been built. I'm not bashing Disney for what they are doing now but what they did and I'm still finding it hard to forgive them.

Then I guess you can say that Disney Land, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studios & Animal Kingdom were also built on the cheap.:brick: They all followed the same style progress. They were completed years later, I should rephrase that "they will never be complete". The blanks get filled in as attendance rises and income flows. If you look at all of the Disney parks you will see supply and demand working. When the demand is increased the attractions increase.

PhilharMagician said:
Then I guess you can say that Disney Land, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studios & Animal Kingdom were also built on the cheap.:brick: They all followed the same style progress. They were completed years later, I should rephrase that "they will never be complete". The blanks get filled in as attendance rises and income flows. If you look at all of the Disney parks you will see supply and demand working. When the demand is increased the attractions increase.

Wrong. The difference is those parks were built right to begin with.

peter11435

jimmybog said:
DCA was without a doubt built on the cheap, same as Disney Studios Paris.

I wouldn't compare WDSP and DCA. DCA is far better than WDSP. WDSP was built on the cheap. DCA was not built on the cheap any more so than AK or MGM. DCA has many problems but for the most part the park is solid and will continue to be developed. In ten years we won't even be having this discussion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom