News Beaches & Cream closing Aug 5 for refurb and expansion

ImperfectPixie

Fun, sure. They get to me after a few days though. Part of it is that, by their nature, they feel stuffed to the rafters with guests. It’s always amazed me that I can be at a sold out deluxe resort and feel alone. Wilderness Lodge does this exceptionally well.
I hear ya there. Hubby and I prefer the moderates or the Swolphin, but we're basically at the resort only to sleep and shower, so it doesn't wear on us quite as much, and we don't generally see tons of people if we avoid the food court.

aladdin2007

Fun, sure. They get to me after a few days though. Part of it is that, by their nature, they feel stuffed to the rafters with guests. It’s always amazed me that I can be at a sold out deluxe resort and feel alone. Wilderness Lodge does this exceptionally well.

I think, for me anyway, Wilderness Lodge is becoming the last one left where I still feel like I am at Disney World,,maybe the Polynesian...but Wilderness Lodge is where we always stay and I still get those Disney goosebumps when walking into the lobby. I am waiting for them to ruin it next too........To those of you who want a typical modern hotel Disney use to be better than that and stand out from those things, now they are all becoming standard generic...There use to be something called the Disney Difference, which many here do not understand or never knew unfortunately. So now everyone is settling and accepting mediocrity.

trainplane3

I think, for me anyway, Wilderness Lodge is becoming the last one left where I still feel like I am at Disney World,,maybe the Polynesian...but Wilderness Lodge is where we always stay and I still get those Disney goosebumps when walking into the lobby. I am waiting for them to ruin it next too........To those of you who want a typical modern hotel Disney use to be better than that and stand out from those things, now they are all becoming standard generic...There use to be something called the Disney Difference, which many here do not understand or never knew unfortunately. So now everyone is settling and accepting mediocrity.
Oh I'm plenty worried about WL. Boulder Ridge rooms are undergoing a full refurb next year. We can probably say goodbye to what theming there is left. At least we have the lobbies and surrounding areas that are very nice...

ToTBellHop

and let's be hones...if they do knock the buildings down and build towers, it will never be as nice as Aulani... the resort amenities will not improve, there will just be twice as many people crowding into the resort...
That’s what I like about WL: they redid it (and I like what they did; trees will grow in) but didn’t expand the resort by much. I think the physical building is safe for another 20 years at least.

I worry about BoardWalk. It’s looking dated and needs a significant update soon. Hope they don’t ruin it. The pool needs serious work but I fear they’ll remove its character.

build_it

I think it says a lot that you create a social media post to promote the reopening and its refresh, and the only thing you can see is the ice cream and the uniforms...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom