Beach Club or Boardwalk?

Violet

We stayed at BW for our 1st anniversary, and at BC for our 3rd anniversary. We're going back to BW for our 5th, we prefer it there. I thought it was quieter & less crowded which I like. Strolling along the Boardwalk at night was romantic (of course, you can walk it from BC too). We stopped at the bakery in the mornings to grab breakfast and never had a wait. Both are beautiful resorts. I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I'm just a Boardwalk kind of girl. :)

Is BW more quiet? One of the reasons we went with Beach Club this time, other than the pool, was because I was concerned about the nighttime noise from the bars etc over there. Is that not a concern?

ParentsOf4

Haha! I guess I should have specified that I won't be using the pool!
If the pool doesn't matter, then the Boardwalk is the easy winner.
  • Conveniently located right above the Boardwalk itself.
  • Appreciably closer to DHS and just about the same distance to Epcot.
  • The Belle Vue Lounge, a nice quiet, romantic, "travel back in time" spot for a couple to get a drink and relax.
  • Better theming. The Boardwalk does a nicer job of setting the mood of a 1940s boardwalk resort. Frankly, my DW is bored when we stay at the Beach Club. She thinks the theming is dull.
  • Less child traffic. Families are drawn to the Y&BC for the Stormalong Bay pool. Let's face it, the clown on the slide at the Boardwalk pool reminds too many of Pennywise. Anyone who has seen It will never want to stay there; a great way to give kids nightmares!

ParentsOf4

Boardwalk was quieter? One of the reasons we went with Beach Club this time, other than the pool, was because I was concerned about the nighttime noise from the bars etc over there. Is that not a concern?
Noise is not a concern at the Boardwalk unless you select a Boardwalk View room. It's quiet enough with the outside door closed but can get a bit rambunctious with it open. Some people actually enjoy sitting in their rooms or on their balconies listening to hustle and bustle.

rufio

Original Poster
If the pool doesn't matter, then the Boardwalk is the easy winner.
  • Conveniently located right above the Boardwalk itself.
  • Appreciably closer to DHS and just about the same distance to Epcot.
  • The Belle Vue Lounge, a nice quiet, romantic, "travel back in time" spot for a couple to get a drink and relax.
  • Better theming. The Boardwalk does a nicer job of setting the mood of a 1940s boardwalk resort. Frankly, my DW is bored when we stay at the Beach Club. She thinks the theming is dull.
  • Less child traffic. Families are drawn to the Y&BC for the Stormalong Bay pool. Let's face it, the clown on the slide at the Boardwalk pool reminds too many of Pennywise. Anyone who has seen It will never want to stay there; a great way to give kids nightmares!

That was all the motivation I needed. Boardwalk it is!

DizneyPryncess

Is BW more quiet? One of the reasons we went with Beach Club this time, other than the pool, was because I was concerned about the nighttime noise from the bars etc over there. Is that not a concern?

I thought the same thing before I stayed there, but in my only experience there, it was quiet. Night time has some things going on, so if your room was overlooking the boardwalk I think you'd hear some of it. Our room faced Swan & Dolphin, and was very quiet. It was early May, and the pool had few people in it when we went to it. Other times of year might be different, but we loved the peacefulness. :)

Sweet Melissa

Really, all that matters is what theming and rooms you like more. They're only a stone's throw away from each other, so they practically share amenities. I think it's pretty unlikely that you'll get a villa at either in October if you can only book 4 months out, though. That just doesn't happen during the Food & Wine Festival. We tried to get a studio at either the day our 7-month window opened, and there was nothing. @Phonedave also tried around the same time, and reported no availability for studios OR 1-bedrooms.

rufio

Original Poster
Really, all that matters is what theming and rooms you like more. They're only a stone's throw away from each other, so they practically share amenities. I think it's pretty unlikely that you'll get a villa at either in October if you can only book 4 months out, though. That just doesn't happen during the Food & Wine Festival. We tried to get a studio at either the day our 7-month window opened, and there was nothing. @Phonedave also tried around the same time, and reported no availability for studios OR 1-bedrooms.

Oh well, I'll take what's available! But these are the two I'd most prefer. :) The crowd calendars are predicting pretty low, so I've got my fingers crossed. Although, the 4/10 crowd is probably all DVC! ;)

Sweet Melissa

Haha, I know! We took what we could get too, which was Old Key West. It is really convenient to be Epcot-adjacent during the festival, though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and for me; we'll see how the wait list treats us).

rufio

Original Poster
Haha, I know! We took what we could get too, which was Old Key West. It is really convenient to be Epcot-adjacent during the festival, though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and for me; we'll see how the wait list treats us).

I just stayed there earlier this month and it was nice enough! :) Funny how that seems to be the only thing available on short notice...

captainkidd

Depends on the time of year. Winter: BWV. Summer: BCV. Pool is better at BCV, plus you're closer to Beaches and Cream, but the rooms are nicer over at BWV. It depends on whether you want to use the pool or not.

That concerns me. How are the rooms better at Boardwalk? From the pics I've seen, they look very similar in decor and size.

StarWarsGirl

That concerns me. How are the rooms better at Boardwalk? From the pics I've seen, they look very similar in decor and size.
The rooms at BWV have been renovated more recently, so to me they are just nicer. BCV was supposed to get a remodel, so we'll see. But the rooms at Boardwalk just look newer, not to mention the sofa bed IMO is more comfortable. The rooms at BCV just look...old.

Uncle Remus

Beach Club by far. Better pool area. Cape May breakfast is amazing ( I need my grits and biscuits n gravy). A lot closer walk to Epcot. More romantic setting in my opinion. My wife and I usually stay there or at the Yacht club. Beaches and Cream ice cream shop. And lastly...........

The Boardwalk hotel is a little creepy to me. My wife laughs at me for this but something about walking those halls in the wee hours of the morning feels like "The Shining" to me. Plus some of the decor is weird. Google the creepy chair at Disneys Boardwalk. Just an imagined vibe I'm sure. Even without that I dig the Yacht and Beach Cub

Ariel484

The rooms at BWV have been renovated more recently, so to me they are just nicer. BCV was supposed to get a remodel, so we'll see. But the rooms at Boardwalk just look newer, not to mention the sofa bed IMO is more comfortable. The rooms at BCV just look...old.
I agree. I stayed at BWV in June 2011 and BCV in January 2012 and I liked the Boardwalk rooms a lot better. The BCV room I was in just seemed a little more...I don't know, tired I guess? I preferred the BWV room's decor.

ddbowdoin

Which do you prefer? Beach Club or Boardwalk and why? I can't book yet since my DVC "use year" isn't until June and I'm fresh out of points after my honeymoon. But when the time comes, I'd love to stay at one of these (if they're available at four months out)!

Beach... usually the same money as Boardwalk and an amazing pool.

captainkidd

I agree. I stayed at BWV in June 2011 and BCV in January 2012 and I liked the Boardwalk rooms a lot better. The BCV room I was in just seemed a little more...I don't know, tired I guess? I preferred the BWV room's decor.

I knew I was gonna regret booking the BCV. Damn Stormalong Bay.

Ariel484

I knew I was gonna regret booking the BCV. Damn Stormalong Bay.
LOL! I'm sure you'll love it.

Here are pics from when I stayed...both are studios. I realize from your videos above you're looking for bigger villas though so maybe it's different. I do think it's a personal preference thing on the decor, and I really loved Beach Club overall...I prefer the Boardwalk in the end though.

ETA: And since I was at BCV in January I didn't even get to swim in Stormalong Bay! :( BOO!

BWV (June 2011...cameo from the husband below):
IMG_3665.JPG

IMG_3666.JPG

IMG_3667.JPG

BCV (January 2012...I'm lame for not getting any daytime pictures of this room...apologies for the wonky color):
IMG_5095.JPG

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

ParentsOf4

I prefer the Boardwalk's theme and atmosphere. Then again, I'm from New England so the Beach Club doesn't feel like much of a vacation.
My DW genuinely found the Beach Club boring. She, for example, much preferred the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Take away Stormalong Bay and the BC doesn't offer much. BC experts help me please; what's better about the BC than the Boardwalk Inn? And don't tell me the walk to Epcot. I've done both walks multiple times and BC is a couple of minutes closer. I'm not being facetious. I'm sure BC experts have several things they can identify as better than BW.

The one that comes to mind is not having to go outside to get to the QS food. But I suspect anyone who has walked outside on a lovely morning at the Boardwalk might prefer the short outside walk, I know I do. And I always can stop at the Belle Vue Lounge for a light breakfast, if I want to. In my mind, this is a toss-up.

For families with young children, everyone should try the Beach Club at least once for Stormalong Bay, if they can afford Disney's d**** Deluxe Resort prices. Unfortunately, my teenagers are now 10 years too old for the place and would rather sit poolside working on their tans so Stormalong Bay means little to us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom