Be Our Guest Is A Joke....OK, Somewhat

KBLovedDisney

I will say this. Be Our Guest is my favorite restaurant in all of Disney World, but ONLY, ONNNLLLYYYY because it feels like you are in the Beauty and the Beast movie and the Master's Cupcake. But that is it. The atmosphere is what gets me in. Not the food.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I've been probably a dozen times all for lunch.
The first time was the day it opened so I had no reviews to base my experience on and I have to say I loved it.
I especially enjoyed the ballroom, music, best QS French fries, and the strawberry cream cheese cupcake.
That's why I returned time after time.
I think Disney finally realized they could make twice the money off of it so they jacked the prices and made it a signature.
Along with that they changed the menu.
I would have paid 3x the price if the menu would have stayed the same for lunch.
Instead I'm so turned off by the menu its likely I won't return.
At least I was lucky enough to experience it the amount of times I was.

UNCgolf

There are much better restaurants on Disney property for the price. The theming isn't even as good as it should be IMO -- I wasn't all that impressed by it.

It's certainly not bad, but I think it just doesn't work all that well when the whole place is full of people. It's not really conducive to the crowd levels.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
BOG is now don't eat there territory - frankly the same can be said for Royal Table. Incredible dining locations with poor dining.

So true. Used to eat at CRT every time but they changed their menu enough that I dislike the options and the last straw was feeling terribly sick after eating there. Not sure if it was bad food or that my body just didn't like but I spent some time in the bathroom fearing I was going to have to go to first aid to lay down.

TotallyBiased

Got in there for lunch last Dec. The wife and I were skeptical but both enjoyed it. Loved the french onion soup for sure, along with atmosphere. Want to get in and try dinner if things ever get stable again.

DisneyMusician2

I know I'm gonna get smashed but maybe its because I'm used to paying NYC dining prices, I've never found the WDW food pricing to be completely outrageous for the quality...

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I know I'm gonna get smashed but maybe its because I'm used to paying NYC dining prices, I've never found the WDW food pricing to be completely outrageous for the quality...

I'm willing to bet NYC food is better quality for the price.

There certainly are menu items worth the price like filet mignon which no matter where you eat whether at Disney or your local fine dining restaurant you're going to pay a high price for.

However there are other things like cold/dry/stale cafeteria style burgers served at some QS locations that are not worth the $12 when I can buy an amazing burger with sweat potato fries for $14 at a local causal dining restaurant and $8 on Wednesday's!

Don't get me wrong there are some good options at many of the restaurants. I just wish quality was there equally whether you're eating a burger at Cosmic Ray's or Contempo Cafe (which has much better burgers imo)

With that said I think most of us recognize that you're paying more for atmosphere than food quality.

DisneyMusician2

I'm willing to bet NYC food is better quality for the price.

There certainly are menu items worth the price like filet mignon which no matter where you eat whether at Disney or your local fine dining restaurant you're going to pay a high price for.

However there are other things like cold/dry/stale cafeteria style burgers served at some QS locations that are not worth the $12 when I can buy an amazing burger with sweat potato fries for $14 at a local causal dining restaurant and $8 on Wednesday's!

Don't get me wrong there are some good options at many of the restaurants. I just wish quality was there equally whether you're eating a burger at Cosmic Ray's or Contempo Cafe (which has much better burgers imo)

With that said I think most of us recognize that you're paying more for atmosphere than food quality.
Honestly, I'd say there is an upcharge for the atmosphere and experience, but again coming from the price points I'm used to its not all that far away. I wouldn't pay a ton less for cafeteria style food at the Children's museum down the road.

Phonedave

Only double the normal price. That’s lucky. I. Boston, it’s usually 3 times

Normal mark up is 100% over retail and I have no issues with that. It's when they get crazy that it bothers me.

We were eating at a local steak house, and they were bragging about their wine list that consisted of rare, hard to find, gems.

We bought a bottle for $65. I snapped it on the Vivino app and it came up as for sale at the ShopRite liquors 5 miles away for $10.

Rare and hard to find gem my rear.

JIMINYCR

There are much better restaurants on Disney property for the price. The theming isn't even as good as it should be IMO -- I wasn't all that impressed by it.

It's certainly not bad, but I think it just doesn't work all that well when the whole place is full of people. It's not really conducive to the crowd levels.
When we dined there we most of the time asked for the West Wing. It was a bit of a wait for a table to open up, but the room was much smaller, quieter, and with less tables, the service was always better. We always got more personal attention from those who waited on us and that wasnt the case in the other areas of the restaurant.

CAV

Not every WDW restaurant. Just most of them. There are a few with excellent food, and more with below average or outright bad food.
They are all, with the exception of a handful of signature+ restaurants, the same menu items with different names.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom