Be Our Guest Is A Joke....OK, Somewhat

LittleMerman

Like most restaurants at Disney, Be Our Guest is really more for the experience than the food itself. I've been to some decent restaurants on property and the Food & Wine Festival and almost nothing has been amazing. However, I do live in a nationally-recognized foodie city so it's all opinion-based anyway.

But BOG remains my favorite Disney restaurant because it's so fun and cute. Beauty and the Beast is my second favorite Disney movie so it's awesome to step into the film. I've been for dinner once and multiple times for lunch. Although dinner was a better experience, the food isn't really worth the price to me. Lunch is good and reasonably priced and you still get to enjoy the atmosphere. However, it's crazy crowded and loud for lunch, but I'd rather deal with that than spend the dinner prices. It's not really that expensive for a three-course meal, but when I'm in a theme park all day, I don't want three courses. I don't each much at one time, anyway. I often share a lunch with someone else because I almost never finish a meal by myself.

MickeyLuv'r

You enjoyed the fatty French dip sandwich and fries for $25 with a drink?

You were at $35+ with a soup and dessert.
BOG lunch was good use of a QS dining credit though!

I liked the tuna salad myself. It wasn't the canned type of tuna salad, but real tuna. It was served as a nicoise salad, which was really adventurous for WDW quick serve. Historically, at WDW, salad = either a boring chicken Caesar or a boring classic American 'house' salad. They make the Southwest salad at Pecos Bill look exotic.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have only been there twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Lunch was ok, it was my first time there and that was interesting to check it out....we ate in the Rose Room and it was packed..... Next trip we snagged a dinner.....the service was excellent, and the food awesome.....ate in the ballroom and didn't feel too close to anyone....precovid.....Did see the Beast saunter around which was fun....my whole family felt it was best meal we ever ate at MK.

ELG13

Eve never eaten there and on our recent trip I could have easily gotten a dinner reservation that day but felt like the price and the mixed reviews weren't worth the risk.

NelleBelle

Eve never eaten there and on our recent trip I could have easily gotten a dinner reservation that day but felt like the price and the mixed reviews weren't worth the risk.
This exactly! To pay that much for a vegetarian meal that didn't look all that great (all though I'd gladly eat the French onion soup despite being made with beef broth). I guess if it wasn't a prix fixe meal, it might be different paying that much for a meal as I could order more appetizers if I didn't like the veg. entree.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My wife and I will be going back again on our next trip in April. Aside from being tied to a green dot once you're checked in until you are seated, it's a good dining experience. We've eaten there 4 times since reopening; twice in September, and twice more in December. We know what we like and which offerings are not good for our tastes. I would honestly disregard any opinions about the prior quick service meals as they don't apply to the current fixed-price offering. Look at the menu and decide if it would meet your dietary needs/restrictions first. IMHO, it's better than during the dining plan days.

macefamily

Went there for breakfast once and felt like I was robbed. Seat yourself at that time. It was a crazy mess. Food came quickly, but based on the portions, I felt it should have been half the price. Never went back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom