Be Our Guest Is A Joke....OK, Somewhat

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I ate there almost exactly a year ago and it was fine. Not especially good, but fine. It was for breakfast, though, which is harder to really screw up than other meals.

We tend to just eat dinner at Disney Springs most nights, even if it's a very late dinner. The food quality there is almost uniformly higher than what you find in the parks, with a few exceptions -- I'd even say most of the quick service restaurants like Polite Pig and Pizza Ponte at DS are better than most of the table service restaurants in the parks.
It’s likely true bc the food has to be better than average or there would be no reason to go.

I actually avoid Disney Springs completely.

UNCgolf

It’s likely true bc the food has to be better than average or there would be no reason to go.

I actually avoid Disney Springs completely.

I enjoy going there to eat for the aforementioned reason. The Disney Christmas store is fun too. There's little other reason to go there, though -- it's just an upscale shopping center.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Be our guest is not a good effort. Really since day 1.

The real problem with it is the precedent it set. Huge demand for something that had nothing to do with the food. And the mixed use concept just isn’t worth the price and never will be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I enjoy going there to eat for the aforementioned reason. The Disney Christmas store is fun too. There's little other reason to go there, though -- it's just an upscale shopping center.

Even the Christmas store is a shell of itself...it was an amazing places in the 2000 era. But they severely gutted/homogenized the product...and it shows.

I actually like springs...if only for the food. The quality of Disney table service restaurants has declined so much in relation to price since Iger took over that I appreciate the outsourced places...who aren’t under such strict mass ordering, cost control protocols in the kitchen.

eliza61nyc

I'm always a bit leery of venues where reviews say you go more for the "experience" than the "food" . lol no, I go to restaurants to eat. anyhoo, we've only gone once. for us the problem was portion size. in the interest of full disclosures, I have 3 sons and the old guy who were all over 6 ft tall and 2 of my sons were h.s. football players. those little portions just made them mad. :D

We went it was not prix fixe though. i did love the onion soup and I had the steak which was tasty. the old guy had the scallops and thought they were also good.

We generally don't eat in the MK as we think the food offerings are not that strong.

UNCgolf

Even the Christmas store is a shell of itself...it was an amazing places in the 2000 era. But they severely gutted/homogenized the product...and it shows.

I actually like springs...if only for the food. The quality of Disney table service restaurants has declined so much in relation to price since Iger took over that I appreciate the outsourced places...who aren’t under such strict mass ordering, cost control protocols in the kitchen.

Oh yeah -- it's absolutely been homogenized like almost all other Disney stores. There's still a bunch of stuff in the Christmas store that you can't really get anywhere else on property, though, which is a rarity these days. There's little reason to go into the World of Disney unless you just want to do all of your shopping there and ignore all the stores in the parks, since they all sell the same things. That's also one of the reasons that removing all the whimsy from the store was a bad decision. If there's no reason to actually go in there to buy things, and there's nothing special about the store itself, well... what's the point? Unless you take the former option, but then all those stores scattered around the parks are a waste of space.

And I'm in the same boat about Springs. I like it because of the food. As I said, we tend to go there and eat most nights, even if it's just QS like Polite Pig (which, as I also said, is much better than most of the table service restaurants in the parks).

aliceismad

We generally don't eat in the MK as we think the food offerings are not that strong.
I think MK and HS could both use some improvements in the food department. However, as someone mentioned about Disney Springs needing to have superior food to gain guests, I wonder if Disney is content to provide mediocre food in those parks. Epcot makes sense to have decent food because it's expected and necessary to keep people going to that park. Animal Kingdom needs decent food so crowds are encouraged to stay longer than half a day. It seems to me that there isn't really much incentive for Disney to provide superior dining options at MK or HS.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Well, wow...I mean, yes it was cheaper...the food as really bad I always thought and it bordered on the price of a decent lunch table service.
I have allergies and found the food to be better off the allergy menus. Maybe because they have to be more careful about preparation?

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
It was pretty good in the beginning. The last time I ordered it, the meat was tasteless and hard, the baguette wasn't fresh. Started ordering the Croque Monsieur instead.
Totally agree. First one I had, ok...not bad! The next 2, same experience as yours. After 2 bad experiences, off my list...then they axed lunch anyway.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom