Be Our Guest..... But don't overstay your welcome..

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So I think most people will be staying 2 to 2.5 hours in BoG. Not 90 minutes. I am afraid that if my family wants to eat here we need to reserve a table in the first seating and be well aware that our fellow diners will be camping out at the table for a long time.

I can't speak to what others will be doing but I can tell you my family will not be spending 2 to 2.5 hours there for dinner. No chance. I could see if people were making a special outing to a restaurant for a get together spending 2 or 3 hours at their table, but it's dinner in a theme park. Unless you have a group on local AP holders going just to make a night of dinner, that would be my exception.

I haven't been there yet, but has there been an indication from anyone who has actually been there that people are just sitting at tables drinking and that is what is causing delays?

Patricia Melton

People do not drink wine or beer as quickly as they drink sodas or iced tea or water.

A restaurant that serves wine and beer will always experience longer stays by guests than ones that serve only soft drinks.

Same menu, same style kitchen, same everything else but change the wine and beer being offered and two restaurants would have wildly different seating experiences if one of them served alcohol and the other didn't.

Not only do people take longer to finish the drinks (and from what I have heard people are allowed to order at least two drinks in BoG per person...so that is one beer or wine that comes to the table when they first sit down and order and then another glass they will order mid way through the meal) but after they've had the alcohol introduced they are less likely to get up right away and rush on to the next activity.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
People do not drink wine or beer as quickly as they drink sodas or iced tea or water.

A restaurant that serves wine and beer will always experience longer stays by guests than ones that serve only soft drinks.

Same menu, same style kitchen, same everything else but change the wine and beer being offered and two restaurants would have wildly different seating experiences if one of them served alcohol and the other didn't.

Not only do people take longer to finish the drinks (and from what I have heard people are allowed to order at least two drinks in BoG per person...so that is one beer or wine that comes to the table when they first sit down and order and then another glass they will order mid way through the meal) but after they've had the alcohol introduced they are less likely to get up right away and rush on to the next activity.

What's going on in BoG will be fascinating for people in the hospitality industry to study because it's the only place in the entire park where the booze hounds can head...so it's like a giant magnet for them. Since this is the only place they can get their fix, then they are going to want to camp out and occupy those seats for as long as they can to enjoy their alcohol.

What a challenge it's going to be for TDO to pry those people from the first seating out of their seats to be able to seat the next round of guests...and I bet it's going to take longer to close the restaurant at night than TDO originally thought, too.

I couldn't follow what you are saying about number of drinks. Is there a limit of 2 drinks per person? 1st I heard that.

This is just my opinion, but I really doubt BOG will be filled with "booze hounds". There are literally hundreds of better options to drink at WDW itself and in the general area for people to choose from. Paying nearly $100 to get into MK and then paying for a meal at BOG just to get some beer (very limited selection) or wine seems unlikely to me.

Scuttle

How is that a blunder at all? You post is yet another example of why i think it should be mandatory that all americans take a class about the Hospitality industry in high school. If people learn how restuarants work they would not right inaccurate posts like yours...

Class in high school!!!? How about doing it for 8 years like I have and my post isn't inaccurate in anyway except the fact that they decided to
do away with redrew cupcakes. Dishwashing, food running, serving, room service and luggage services have all pay my way through flight school. I know a lot about the hospitality/service industry.

Patricia Melton

I couldn't follow what you are saying about number of drinks. Is there a limit of 2 drinks per person? 1st I heard that.

This is just my opinion, but I really doubt BOG will be filled with "booze hounds". There are literally hundreds of better options to drink at WDW itself and in the general area for people to choose from. Paying nearly $100 to get into MK and then paying for a meal at BOG just to get some beer (very limited selection) or wine seems unlikely to me.

I remember reading when it was announced that BoG would be serving alcohol that there would be a limit of two drinks for each adult person.

* 2 glasses of wine or...
* 2 beers or...
* One wine and one beer

No more than that because they didn't want people to get drunk in the park.

This seems to be the compromise reached in terms of breaking tradition and serving booze in the MK. Disney decided to enact that cap to prevent trouble (and it was a smart move in my opinion). The sad thing is that even 2 glasses is too much for some people.

lazyboy97o

Disney claims they are the best in the industry and have four decades of experience in Florida. "Growing pains" ceased to be a viable excuse decades ago.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I remember reading when it was announced that BoG would be serving alcohol that there would be a limit of two drinks for each adult person.

* 2 glasses of wine or...
* 2 beers or...
* One wine and one beer

No more than that because they didn't want people to get drunk in the park.

This seems to be the compromise reached in terms of breaking tradition and serving booze in the MK. Disney decided to enact that cap to prevent trouble (and it was a smart move in my opinion). The sad thing is that even 2 glasses is too much for some people.

Interesting, and probably makes good sense. If that is the case they will eliminate issues with anyone sitting and drinking all night.

lebeau

Exactly. What "booze hound" is going to pick BoG to drink the night away when there is alcohol flowing freely everywhere else on property. It is the least convenient place on property to drink.

Do we really think that the world is full of alcoholics who were so excited about getting sloppy drunk in the Beast's castle that they just can't tear themselves away? Or does it seem more likely that Disney fans who have been waiting for years for this place to open are lingering longer that they usually would to check out the new place which by all accounts is fantastically themed.

Minthorne

Simple solution. At the end of the meal the guests and told to go to the Meet & Greet in the West Wing. When they go there the Beast appears and chases them out of the restaurant. Outside of the restaurant there are wolves waiting to chase them away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom