Be Our Guest..... But don't overstay your welcome..

Dad 2 M & M

When they're putting on a show or laughing at you because you're a Disney fan?
Good point.

I came close a few years ago to getting upper management involved in an incident. We grabbed some QS lunch in the MK and I specifically asked for 13 ice cubes in my drink. I swear the team member broke the 12th one in half, making 13, on purpose, just to trick me! Man I was ticked. I spent the entire bus ride back to the resort stewing about it!! When I got back to my room I ate a couple of Twinkies (I always bring a box in case something bad happens). It really calmed me down.

I am concerned that my next trip this December I won’t be able to take a box (the stores in Atlanta are sold out), and thus will have no help if Disney sticks it to me again.

Should I cancel/postpone until someone buys the rights and starts manufacturing Twinkies again? I don’t know if I should risk it….

lazyboy97o

Good point.

I came close a few years ago to getting upper management involved in an incident. We grabbed some QS lunch in the MK and I specifically asked for 13 ice cubes in my drink. I swear the team member broke the 12th one in half, making 13, on purpose, just to trick me! Man I was ticked. I spent the entire bus ride back to the resort stewing about it!! When I got back to my room I ate a couple of Twinkies (I always bring a box in case something bad happens). It really calmed me down.

I am concerned that my next trip this December I won’t be able to take a box (the stores in Atlanta are sold out), and thus will have no help if Disney sticks it to me again.

Should I cancel/postpone until someone buys the rights and starts manufacturing Twinkies again? I don’t know if I should risk it….
I'm not talking about laughing at ridiculous complaints about minutia. I mean laughing because in its most general terms, you would be considered a Disney fan. Because you enjoy theme parks and see something special in Disney. Yes, there are some, but for many Walt is merely some old guy who is good to pay lip service to because the rubes buy into it and hand over money. Far too many within Disney see their customers as suckers, not guests.

And I would suggest looking at QuikTrip. It's not the boxes, but they had the individually packaged Hostess items the other day.

Dad 2 M & M

I'm not talking about laughing at ridiculous complaints about minutia. I mean laughing because in its most general terms, you would be considered a Disney fan. Because you enjoy theme parks and see something special in Disney. Yes, there are some, but for many Walt is merely some old guy who is good to pay lip service to because the rubes buy into it and hand over money. Far too many within Disney see their customers as suckers, not guests.

And I would suggest looking at QuikTrip. It's not the boxes, but they had the individually packaged Hostess items the other day.
Sorry for the previous sarcastic post, being serious this time.

I missed the Disney Fan comment earlier. When I read the article, I considered myself a hybrid Fan/Saver (Saver because I am cheap).

I must agree with your point as seeing something special in Disney. Because of the fact that I do see something special, there are times when something does not go the way it should, that I give Disney a pass that would not be given to other businesses/enterprises. You are spot on there.

And again, not being sarcastic, I bought several boxes of Twinkies at the local Kroger as soon as it was inevitable the Hostess was not going to make it. QuikTrip is down to just donuts, but I did find a pack of Zingers (didn’t know Dolly Madison was part of Hostess until last week) at Publix yesterday.

Nice posting with you, enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend!!

coachwnh

Ate at BOG tonight. Had a 715 ADR. Got seated at 725. Paid our bill and did our picture with the beast and we were out the door by 920. I didn't really think the service was slow and the time went fast. Thought the food was good. I enjoyed the adult beverages that were offered. We have 2 more ADRs. One for Christmas and the other in mid February. Ill see if it speeds up by then, but I can't say I was disappointed spending two hours there, nor were we trying to stay that long.

Ate at BOG tonight. Had a 715 ADR. Got seated at 725. Paid our bill and did our picture with the beast and we were out the door by 920. I didn't really think the service was slow and the time went fast. Thought the food was good. I enjoyed the adult beverages that were offered. We have 2 more ADRs. One for Christmas and the other in mid February. Ill see if it speeds up by then, but I can't say I was disappointed spending two hours there, nor were we trying to stay that long.

Shhh you are not allowed to enjoy your time there. You have to attack TDO because Lazyboy thinks they are all laughing at you for having a good dinner.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sounds like TDO scheduled like it was supposed to be some counter service where people were there just to grab food, eat it fast, and leave. Dinner is supposed to be an experience, a social time, something to savor, something AROUND a meal - not a timed experience. Disney builds a top notch facility, and doesn't properly account for what people's meal times would be?

Sounds like someone's spreadsheet was faulty... should have inserted some more humans into the mix.

Goes to show why they shouldn't aim for 100% reservations, especially when the place is new.

If you build a place to have a fine meal - and not just somewhere to get food while in a theme park - one should expect slower turnover.

Sounds like TDO scheduled like it was supposed to be some counter service where people were there just to grab food, eat it fast, and leave. Dinner is supposed to be an experience, a social time, something to savor, something AROUND a meal - not a timed experience. Disney builds a top notch facility, and doesn't properly account for what people's meal times would be?

Sounds like someone's spreadsheet was faulty... should have inserted some more humans into the mix.

Goes to show why they shouldn't aim for 100% reservations, especially when the place is new.

If you build a place to have a fine meal - and not just somewhere to get food while in a theme park - one should expect slower turnover.

ALL restaurants schedule reservations in the anticipation that diners will spend around 1 hour and a half to 1 hour and 45 minutes so that the tables can be turned. That is a standard ACROSS the world. To expect slower turnover would leave a lot of people not eating at all instead of just waiting for their reservation.

Have ADRs for 3 weeks and 1day from now. Yeah!!! I can tell you we won't be sitting there for hours! That's the reason we book mostly buffet and family style. I don't like spending hours on dinner every night. I understand you may sacrifice some quality but forget antsy kids this almost 40 yr old will get antsy sitting in a restaurant when I'm at Disney. If I'm craving a long relaxing meal I'll do it at home.

flynnibus

Premium Member
ALL restaurants schedule reservations in the anticipation that diners will spend around 1 hour and a half to 1 hour and 45 minutes so that the tables can be turned. That is a standard ACROSS the world.

I'm sorry, can you point me to the International Restaurant Operations Standards bible where all these STANDARDS that EVERYONE follows?? Maybe if you took that high school class you harped on maybe you'd understand not every dining experience is the same and any manager that runs their operation without actually taking into account their location specifics isn't worth a @%@!. And considering we are looking at a location in the biggest single them park location in the world with it's own unique requirements - arguing 'do it like everyone else' is pretty stupid. Disney has their own industrial engineers who are supposed to model this and plan it out accurately.

To expect slower turnover would leave a lot of people not eating at all instead of just waiting for their reservation.

...and that's why restaurants have adhoc capacity and can flex so they can adapt to individual parties. But when Disney tries to be 100% ADR at this place, they set the requirement that they will know exactly how many people for how long each. That will lead to inefficiencies as reservations aren't 100% accurate nor are time estimates the same for everyone. Putting the burden on guests to just 'wait more..' or not being able to flex to changing situations will result in a poor customer experience. Something that should be Disney's first priority.

Phonedave

That.

As somone else said, even experienced restaruant owners will somtimes be cought off guard during an opening.

Open with reduced reservations, let the kitchen staff and the front of the house get used to the menu, equipment, and POS system.

Running at a reduced reservation level for a few days allows you to see if there are any glitchs and adjust accordingly. Not just with restaruants but with just about anything, from vehicles, to computer systems., to theme parks.

-dave

lazyboy97o

That.

As somone else said, even experienced restaruant owners will somtimes be cought off guard during an opening.

Open with reduced reservations, let the kitchen staff and the front of the house get used to the menu, equipment, and POS system.

Running at a reduced reservation level for a few days allows you to see if there are any glitchs and adjust accordingly. Not just with restaruants but with just about anything, from vehicles, to computer systems., to theme parks.

-dave
Quoted for truth. This is the preview period. The whole point is to work towards full speed. I seem to recall that in the past reservations were not even accepted during previews.

Sl8500

I ate at Be Our Guest on Wednesday and was there less than 90 minutes. Not sure how anyone could save their table for photos with the beast, as it was being done as you exit and you had tons how your paid receipt. Both the food and service were excellent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom