Rumor BatB Rumor from Screamscape

brb1006

I hate to break it to you, but "the original Snow White ride" hasn't existed since 1982, when it was completely gutted and rebuilt to accommodate Pinocchio's Daring Journey construction.
New_Fantasyland_under_construction_0282k.jpg

Here's a construction wall for New Fantasyland.
3-14-2010_014.jpg

Phroobar

I just can't imagine showing up and getting the Wally World treatment, "Sorry, folks, Fantasyland is closed. Mouse outside shoulda told ya." There had to be at least one poor soul that didn't do their homework before taking the family.
People weren't as nutty about such things back then.

Even Disneyland was closed once a week. The main street sign did a lot of advertising for New Fantasyland back then. The ride closed signs outside said which ones were down. I don't think anyone ever got upset about it like they do today. Less mental illness I guess.

mickEblu

People weren't as nutty about such things back then.

Even Disneyland was closed once a week. The main street sign did a lot of advertising for New Fantasyland back then. The ride closed signs outside said which ones were down. I don't think anyone ever got upset about it like they do today. Less mental illness I guess.

To be fair there was also a lot of room for improvement to the land back then. This sign posted outside the FL courtyard now would terrify me.

WEDfan9798

As far as I’m concerned the FL dark rides should be untouchable. At a surface level I agree with some of what you say but what you re not considering is that there is not enough space to do anything special there. Especially when you consider the fact that Snow/ Pinocchio are grandfathered In with the old ADA / Cal OSHA (?) Law’s. Modern Disney/ WDI wouldn’t know what to do with that tiny space. Not like WED on the other hand that could make magic happen with black paint and plywood cutouts.

In short, it’s extremely probable that nothing they replace Pinocchio/ Snow White with be better than what is there currently.

I agree. Let's hope Management doesn't screw it up by suggesting to pull a "Florida Toad" on the classic dark rides. I just hope they never get rid of them, only enhance them like they have done in recent years.

George Lucas on a Bench

RIP Snow White and Pinocchio.

Oh, wait. We're in the alternate 2020 where the Snow White ride was ironically being redone to have a happy ending while a pandemic resulted in the Disney theme parks being closed and no happiness in the world. Do you think we can trade this reality for the one where the Beast ride was built?

Ismael Flores

I hate to break it to you, but "the original Snow White ride" hasn't existed since 1982, when it was completely gutted and rebuilt to accommodate Pinocchio's Daring Journey construction.
New_Fantasyland_under_construction_0282k.jpg

I don't believe the whole ride was gutted, wasn't it just the load and queue area that was gutted? The building next to it which was the the Mickey mouse theater/fantasyland theater was completely gutted and partially demo to allow the addition of Pinocchio

Rich T

I don't believe the whole ride was gutted, wasn't it just the load and queue area that was gutted? The building next to it which was the the Mickey mouse theater/fantasyland theater was completely gutted and partially demo to allow the addition of Pinocchio
The Snow White ride kept nearly all its track layout. The original went Diamond Mine/Nice Forest/Witch’s Dungeons/Scary Forest/Boulder On Yer ‘Ed. The ‘83 remodel rearranged things and eliminated a lot of total darkness moments to squeeze more in. The original boulder finale came right where the entry to the rainy cliff room is; the ride originally had a straight corridor of nothing leading back to the outside, which was still more satisfying than the laugh-inducing “Happily Ever After” mural.

disneyC97

Having not gotten to Disneyland for the first time until 1995 it’s always weird to see the mini version of the original Florida carousel tent in old photos of the DL Fantasyland.

J4546

if they relocated the monorail maintenance building off site, perhaps built into the eastern gateway parking structure concept, that would give them a massive area to build a show building with a long castle interior themed que as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom