Rumor BatB Rumor from Screamscape

Disney Irish

Premium Member
A big no, not because of space (Disney are money lovers) but because of the olc’s exclusivity contract.

Ever wonder why the west doesn’t have a certain attraction? Now you know why.

But those contracts aren't indefinite, eventually all exclusivity contracts end. I wouldn't be surprised if current TWDC/OLC relations are such that the exclusivity period is 1-5 years and that's it.

mickEblu

And where would the Queue for this attraction go? They would practically need the entire Fanstasyland courtyard and it’s show buildings/ attractions space for this to fit. Really wouldn’t be worth it to bring a C ticket version of the attraction to Anaheim.

NateD1226

If Snow White goes, I am rioting. That ride is a pure classic. Who cares about the turns that are super jerky. I love it so much. This whole area is so great and I don’t want to it to be changed to some over the top ride. Plus, after the talk with the Imagineer about the Fantasyland Theatre, I would hate to see that go too. Disney really loves that part of the park.

TwilightZone

I think snow white will stay, mainly because disney has a thing where if a ride closes in World it stays open in Disneyland and visa - versa. The only ride I can see breaking this "rule" right now is the subs. I don't think they will last too long.

fradz

I've heard this being mentioned as well but I'm not really believing it as of now, probably is coming from the same whispers as Lance heard.
Plus I would think OLC has exclusivity of at least 5years

Last edited:

Rich T

The Fantasyland dark rides are the heart and soul of Disneyland to me... maybe along with Main Street. The fact that the original four were created and designed by Walt's film artists and animators gives them a wonderful sense of history; they're at the very foundation of everything that's still great about the park. And, most importantly, they're still fun, effective, and surprising.

mickEblu

Yes, nice plot of land but I would love if there was always some type of live show at DL...something that was refreshed every couple of years at least.

I could see the benefit of that but shows get old fast for me. I mean I think I’ve only seen Fantasmic in its entirety 3-4 times... and that’s 1.0 and 2.0 combined. I like the FL theatre area for the wrong reasons. Not because I care for Magical Map or shows in general but because it’s one the last “dead” places in the park that kind of reminds me of the old days.

Anyway I think a BATB E ticket and the capacity it would provide all day long for the park would be more beneficial than a show. With that said, between Motorboat and Autopia we could technically have both but of course that would be eliminating some other possible experience.

Lastly, I know everyone always mentions Motorboat as being an expansion area and I quickly jump on the bandwagon but is there all that much room there? I mean I know that the monorail would need to be re-routed but it doesn’t look that big to me. Certainly not big enough for a BATB E ticket without taking over a good chunk of Autopia.

BrianLo

There’s definitely something completely fishy. Either location or the ride itself.

I don’t think we will see Tokyo’s ride outside of Tokyo.

I’m not sure how I feel about the loss of two dark rides for one. Ultimately I’d much rather see Alice style upgrades to both.

Now that’s not to say we can’t still see a halfway decent B&TB dark ride In DL. In fact I think the model of what they did in Tokyo is pretty applicable to DL (I’d love a new E-ticket and an indoor theatre). Exactly how big are the plots of the Motorboat cruise area and Wonderbra? Everyone talks like the motorboat is sizeable and maybe I just don’t understand where it all actually goes.

PiratesMansion

I think snow white will stay, mainly because disney has a thing where if a ride closes in World it stays open in Disneyland and visa - versa.
Disney couldn't care less about what ride is represented in what park. If it gets enough people by Disney's metrics it stays, unless they decide they want to MB the attraction in question. I think that's more of a fannish "rule" than anything else. Like when coaster enthusiasts said that you "couldn't" turn a stand-up coaster into a normal sit-down looping coaster...only for that exact thing to happen, and happen again, and again...

That said, one factor with Snow White and Pinocchio is that they have higher vehicle capacity than the other FL dark rides, so it's not just alleged unpopularity keeping their lines shorter than the other rides. The rumors could just be people reading too much into that.

Personally, I would shed no tears if Pinocchio left, there's absolutely nothing remarkable about it and I've always been dismayed that it's been cloned twice.

Snow White's removal would be disappointing but honestly, I don't think the ride is good enough OR historically important enough (yes, original three, but otherwise?) that I would stop going if they got rid of it. It's clear to me that modern Disney doesn't regard it as sacred; I don't know that modern guests really do either.

I'm sure at one point Rocket to the Moon/Mission to Mars seemed untouchable too. It's sacred until it isn't.

BrianLo

Lastly, I know everyone always mentions Motorboat as being an expansion area and I quickly jump on the bandwagon but is there all that much room there? I mean I know that the monorail would need to be re-routed but it doesn’t look that big to me. Certainly not big enough for a BATB E ticket without taking over a good chunk of Autopia.

Ha, great minds?

Can someone please outline for us where the heck this huge motorboat space is?

mickEblu

Disney couldn't care less about what ride is represented in what park. If it gets enough people by Disney's metrics it stays, unless they decide they want to MB the attraction in question. I think that's more of a fannish "rule" than anything else. Like when coaster enthusiasts said that you "couldn't" turn a stand-up coaster into a normal sit-down looping coaster...only for that exact thing to happen, and happen again, and again...

That said, one factor with Snow White and Pinocchio is that they have higher vehicle capacity than the other FL dark rides, so it's not just alleged unpopularity keeping their lines shorter than the other rides. The rumors could just be people reading too much into that.

Personally, I would shed no tears if Pinocchio left, there's absolutely nothing remarkable about it and I've always been dismayed that it's been cloned twice.

Snow White's removal would be disappointing but honestly, I don't think the ride is good enough OR historically important enough (yes, original three, but otherwise?) that I would stop going if they got rid of it. It's clear to me that modern Disney doesn't regard it as sacred; I don't know that modern guests really do either.

I'm sure at one point Rocket to the Moon/Mission to Mars seemed untouchable too. It's sacred until it isn't.

As far as I’m concerned the FL dark rides should be untouchable. At a surface level I agree with some of what you say but what you re not considering is that there is not enough space to do anything special there. Especially when you consider the fact that Snow/ Pinocchio are grandfathered In with the old ADA / Cal OSHA (?) Law’s. Modern Disney/ WDI wouldn’t know what to do with that tiny space. Not like WED on the other hand that could make magic happen with black paint and plywood cutouts.

In short, it’s extremely probable that nothing they replace Pinocchio/ Snow White with be better than what is there currently.

GiveMeTheMusic

Not dead, just been very busy with real life and Disney has been pretty quiet recently. Leaks are being clamped down on, and no one wants to be out of a job.

Screamscape is not a reliable source for just about anything.

Right now we're dealing with a Parks & Resorts leadership team that is anathema to master planning. Nothing for DLR has been settled on past Marvel and Mickey, but as TP pointed out, Tokyo's BATB ride is gigantic and would not fit into the space they're describing. There have been many proposals for DLR's Fantasyland, mostly involving Arendelle. I suspect if Frozen 2 is good and makes a bunch of money, those projects will fall back into favor. It's hard to imagine any scenario where TDL's BATB ride makes it to Disneyland, IMO.

Bizarrely enough, the area of DL that desperately needs attention - Tomorrowland - is on the far back burner. Unbelievable.

mharrington

Not dead, just been very busy with real life and Disney has been pretty quiet recently. Leaks are being clamped down on, and no one wants to be out of a job.

Screamscape is not a reliable source for just about anything.

Right now we're dealing with a Parks & Resorts leadership team that is anathema to master planning. Nothing for DLR has been settled on past Marvel and Mickey, but as TP pointed out, Tokyo's BATB ride is gigantic and would not fit into the space they're describing. There have been many proposals for DLR's Fantasyland, mostly involving Arendelle. I suspect if Frozen 2 is good and makes a bunch of money, those projects will fall back into favor. It's hard to imagine any scenario where TDL's BATB ride makes it to Disneyland, IMO.

Bizarrely enough, the area of DL that desperately needs attention - Tomorrowland - is on the far back burner. Unbelievable.

Yeah, whatever happened to "Frozen"? I thought that was the flavor of the day right now, not "Beauty and the Beast".

In any case, I'm guessing Screamscape is not divulging the source of this rumor because either they don't know themselves or they do know but are keeping them anonymous to avoid any legal troubles.

Stevek

Ha, great minds?

Can someone please outline for us where the heck this huge motorboat space is?
I was just looking at it and unless they shrink the size of Autopia, it's not very big. While the motorboat had a fairly large footprint, it was intertwined with both the Monorail and Autopia...it basically ran all the way to where the sub lagoon is and back. The Fantasyland theater plot is likely the only current spot that might accommodate a larger show building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom