Barnum42

Gucci65

Original Poster
Just remembering members I haven't seen in a while.

Anyone know where Barnum disappeared to?

MKCP 1985

He should be getting his parole any year now. :dazzle:

j/k - as far as I know, he's still as British as he's ever been! :ROFLOL:

I dropped him a note to let him know he was being asked about. :wave:

sillyspook13

I'm friends with him on Facebook and I hear from him there occasionally. I don't know why he doesn't post here anymore.:shrug:

barnum42

Hello :wave:

MKCP pointed me in this direction.

Thanks for asking about me folks. I'm still respirating and still British.

As for my absence from here; sad to say that highly negative posting styles caused me to develop a dislike of the subject the boards were created.

Also the bullying, manipulating, sponging, one-upmanship, cliques, petty behaviours, private area padders falsely inflating post counts and lording themselves as superior for it made it a less than pleasurable place to be.

I've been trying to spend a bit more time in the real world than the cyber-wold so that too has reduced my on-line presence.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

As for my absence from here; sad to say that highly negative posting styles caused me to develop a dislike of the subject the boards were created.

Also the bullying, manipulating, sponging, one-upmanship, cliques, petty behaviours, private area padders falsely inflating post counts and lording themselves as superior for it made it a less than pleasurable place to be.

I've been trying to spend a bit more time in the real world than the cyber-wold so that too has reduced my on-line presence.

I would never allow other people posting styles to affect my feeling toward a subject.

Kinda sounds like stuff that happens in the real world to me. :shrug:

Anyway...sorry it was taken too much to heart.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

I do hope you are kidding here... the padding threads are more like a real time chat... for those of us that cannot use chat programs due to firewalls and such.

I personally dont give a damn about my post count...lol. I just enjoy chatting with friends in there. Thats all. The "post padding" thing was done in jest, Joe. :shrug:
As was the padding of peoples "reputation points".. when that system was in place here. It was done in jest... again.. I dont care about my post count and all that non-sense... I just enjoy chatting with some folks now and then.

I do apologize if someone did do this though. That does sound a bit tacky if indeed thats the case. However I can assure you that most of us are in there just to chat with each other and hang out from time to time.

Gucci65

Original Poster
Glad to hear that all is well!! You popped in my mind yesterday and I was just wondering.

I do know what you are referring to (negative/pushy posts) and at times it does seem extreme - I try to ignore and if I cannot - then I too have been know to "disappear" for a few months.

Take care!!:wave:

(And thanks for getting in touch with him MKCP.)

Tigggrl

Good to see you! I always loved your smiling posts.....Hope you stay in touch more...:)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Hey Joe! Long time...

thats basically the same story for myself and a lot of posters

barnum42

I would never allow other people posting styles to affect my feeling toward a subject.
Generally I agree with you, but in this instance the constant negativity combined with spending too much time online and not enough in the real world took its toll

I do hope you are kidding here... the padding threads are more like a real time chat... for those of us that cannot use chat programs due to firewalls and such.
In as much as I don't measure a person's worth by their post count, but the single month I spent there was a bit of an eye opener as to the true nature of some individuals. Be it having their heads jammed up their butts, beaching behinds others backs or out and out dishonesty and thieving.

Good to see you! I always loved your smiling posts.....Hope you stay in touch more...:)

Aww shucks. Thanks.

Joe!!!

I've been missing you too!!!! :kiss:

More shucks and :kiss: back at you. Hope the married life is continuing to treat you well.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In as much as I don't measure a person's worth by their post count, but the single month I spent there was a bit of an eye opener as to the true nature of some individuals. Be it having their heads jammed up their butts, beaching behinds others backs or out and out dishonesty and thieving.

Ron_Moody_as_Fagin.jpg

Got to pay for the trip to the declining World somehow.

and a clique, isnt that the noise made when the queen snaps her fingers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom