Banned from the Shops at Walt Disney World.... by my Wife.

wedway71

Original Poster
So I got a directive not from Disney World leadership or Security to not enter a store, but from my Wife.

Being a HUGE Disney fan AND a retail executive with 30 years of experience my DW of 23 years gets SOOOOO mad when I am in in a shop. "Why can't you just enjoy yourself???"

I can't seem to NOT refold shirts, size and colorize apparel,face items and dust. To make matters worse, I then seek out leadership and offer suggestions to cross merchandise and maximize sales per sq foot.

I may need to just take my meds before I go next time.

OCD+ Disney fan+ Retail guy= MAD SPOUSE..

Britt

OMG So funny! When I was a teenager, I worked at Walgreens and any time I'd go into another store and mumble about how poorly they "faced" things, IF it was faced at all. To this day, 10 years later I still notice! haha

I never refold clothes. OMG That was the bane of my existence in retail! If *I* unfold it, I refold, but if it's just sitting there unfolded, I pretend not to see it. LOL

mf1972

So I got a directive not from Disney World leadership or Security to not enter a store, but from my Wife.

Being a HUGE Disney fan AND a retail executive with 30 years of experience my DW of 23 years gets SOOOOO mad when I am in in a shop. "Why can't you just enjoy yourself???"

I can't seem to NOT refold shirts, size and colorize apparel,face items and dust. To make matters worse, I then seek out leadership and offer suggestions to cross merchandise and maximize sales per sq foot.

you're name wouldn't be monk, would it? lol

wedway71

Original Poster
One specific time I was in DTD and Wife and Kids went to use bathroom. I was in Candy Cauldron. I noticed when you first walked in there were a few dead flies on the front display by door.On way back from bathroom wife was walking by did a DEAD STOP... saw me in window with spray cleaner and paper towels along side a CM... If looks could kill.. I would have been flat lined right there in that store...

75disney

One specific time I was in DTD and Wife and Kids went to use bathroom. I was in Candy Cauldron. I noticed when you first walked in there were a few dead flies on the front display by door.On way back from bathroom wife was walking by did a DEAD STOP... saw me in window with spray cleaner and paper towels along side a CM... If looks could kill.. I would have been flat lined right there in that store...
Great story! It is hard when you are in an industry to remove yourself from it. My dad designed sprinkler systems for a living and I have pictures of him at Disney staring up at the ceilings, checking out their systems.

DisneyPrincess5

I understand your plight of seeing the world (or World) through different eyes. I am a Parent Educator and I basically am a parenting coach teaching behavior management techniques, bonding, play, and positive discipline. Being in a place filled with parents and kids (with LOTS of horrific parenting examples) is kind of a lot for me at times. Hello fancy dining experiences to avoid that!

GHOST1000

Wow...doesn't seem to matter what line of work you're in ...I'm in landscaping and maintenance and every time I go to disney I'm thinking to my self man they should trim those bushes or ' that's a fresh cut on that lawn' or anything to that effect. Guess you take the man out of the country, but you can t take the country outta the man.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Great story! It is hard when you are in an industry to remove yourself from it. My dad designed sprinkler systems for a living and I have pictures of him at Disney staring up at the ceilings, checking out their systems.

Very funny and I can also relate! Years ago, I worked for a hotel company. Every time I'd go to a Disney (or any other) hotel, I would be neatening up a display of rack brochures in the lobby, fluffing pillows on the sofas, picking up discarded newspapers and putting in the basket, etc. Even though I've now switched career venues, I still find myself doing these odd, self-imposed, "chores" from time to time while on vacation!

DManRightHere

I just had to like this for the great title.

R W B

Lol, glad to see I'm not the only one. I work with lighting of all kind, auto, residential and recently started with commercial as well and on my last trip a few weeks ago I was noticing so many things I would change with the lighting every where haha.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Too funny. I'm with the Wife. Best watch it or she might stop taking you with. ;)

I have a question that just begs for an answer. Are you this OCD in your home too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom