Baggage Tags for Magic Express?

Has anyone who is planning on using the new Magic Express service received the tags for luggage yet? I am leaving on May 17th and hope to get them soon so if I have a reservation problem I can fix it well before I leave.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I ran a search and didn't find anything.

vb4hire

cowboibabyy said:
Did your tags arrive through the mail or by FedEx?

Booked through AAA travel, and they recieved the tags from Disney. They must've recieved last week as the agent (who lives nearby) dropped off at my house Monday morning.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

yeah my inlaws who are traveling with us still haven't gotten their tags yet , but the strange thing is we have already gotten ours last week and the travel agent said for some strange reason they sent us a second set of tags the other day....but not my inlaws...so AAA told us to just give our inlaws our extra set.. and explain what happened ...i guess it going on everywhere....

Upvote 0

SnowWhite5669

I leave in less than a week and I still don't have my baggage tags but I called and was told that I can just hand the baggage claim tags to the DME rep and they will get my luggage but that makes me a little nervous so I think I might just do carry-on luggage. We try to travel light anyways. The DME rep also told me there was a slight glitch in the system, which I kinda expected since it's so new! I cannot wait!! I so need this vacation. We've been packed for at least a month! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We leave Friday and still as of 1pm central time have no baggage tags :(
ah well, 48 hours to go I can't worry about them anymore. I have loads to do in these next 48 hours.

Upvote 0

cj2me

dixiegirl said:
yeah my inlaws who are traveling with us still haven't gotten their tags yet , but the strange thing is we have already gotten ours last week and the travel agent said for some strange reason they sent us a second set of tags the other day....but not my inlaws...so AAA told us to just give our inlaws our extra set.. and explain what happened ...i guess it going on everywhere....

Got my tags today, I leave tomorrow morning. My sister did not get hers. We called DME and asked can my sister use and my parents use the 2 that we are not using (we have connecting rooms). They said it couldnt be done, something with the confirmation numbers, we couldnt really grasp what she was saying but we are not taking the chance. My sister will hand her baggage claim numbers to the DME representative.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

24 hours to go and no baggage tags...bit disappointed as the package is just so darn cute...ah well, we will just deal with the claim tickets and be happy that we get one more trip to WDW!

Upvote 0

WendyTinkerbell

11 Days To Go!!!

11 Days until WDW and still no Magical Express Luggage Tags or Disney Dining Card. However, I have received 4 Modified Confirmations sheets in the mail. Does anyone have this problem or know why? Anyone else still checking their mail box?

Upvote 0

AEfx

WendyTinkerbell said:
11 Days until WDW and still no Magical Express Luggage Tags or Disney Dining Card. However, I have received 4 Modified Confirmations sheets in the mail. Does anyone have this problem or know why? Anyone else still checking their mail box?

Haha. It's not just you. :) I've been getting one a week for the past three weeks.

Now if they could just get the ME and DDE printing that reliable, we'd be in much better shape.

AEfx

Upvote 0

Becky

Leaving on the 14th and no tags. I called three days ago and they said they were so far behind that they were sending the tags Fedx. They also said mine were sent.

Hum, they couldn't provide a tracking number and Fedx has tracking numbers on everything they handle. Think maybe there is scripted lies :lookaroun

I also got a couple of modified confirmations even though everything was exactly the same on both and the origional. :veryconfu

I think this is turning out to be a public relations nightmare for Disney.

Upvote 0

Senderella

Mickifan17 said:
T minus 6 1/2 days and no luggage tags. Not to fret; I'll be in DisneyWorld!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

That's the way to do it! I've already told myself if they get here.. great. If they don't...no biggie. I am not going to worry about it anymore. I got all my important info today & that's all that counts!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Update. we arrived at WDW on May 6th. We did not get our luggage tags prior to our departure. This whole Magical Express, for us was anything but magical. I do know that we arrived on the second day of operation and that perhaps influenced all of the wrenches thrown into the works. Here is our experience:
We arrived at OIAirport from St.Louis at 8:05pm, we went down two floors to the ME check in, we got into the first line to check in, then after a full detailed description of our luggage, we received the paperwork for our group, but they were missing one person on the list and were at first going to charge us an extra $25 for an unauthorized child. after much discussion they said they would "let her go free" even though Pop Century verified that she was indeed on the reservation. so then we went and got into the line for Pop Century, after a bit of time, we loaded onto the bus with people going to Pop Century, Boardwalk, Caribbean Beach and Contemporary. After loading on the bus, we watch Monsters Inc., until we arrive at Pop at about 10:15pm. (not the dvd telling us about Disney) We then get in line to check in at Pop, where we are informed that our luggage will arrive at the resort in 4-5 hours. I requested that they wait to deliver the luggage until 6am, as I really didn't want to disturb the kids at 2am. Well, somehow they got that wrong and about 220am there was a banging on the door and they were there to deliver our luggage! Nice, real nice.

had we known all of that it would have been much easier to have my husband grab the bags while I was checking in for the bus to the resort. One family did that and they put the bags in the storage under the bus with no problems.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

for our return trip. we had a breakfast at Chef Mickeys at 7am, so we requested our luggage to be picked up from the room and held for us until our 1210 bus departure. They said no problem, pick it up at noon. Well, we arrived at 11:45 and they couldn't find the bags, well to make a long story short, we missed our 12:10 bus and had to take the 12:40 bus, which really cut into our time for our departure. No Monsters Inc, this time, no nothing and the bus driver was a bit crabby, didn't really care for the little sign on the window either requesting tips. there was a horrible line at the airport and we made it to the gate with the kids and carryon bags with about 10 minutes to spare, no time for a sandwich or a drink ...augh.... I think next time we will just spend the extra $80- $100 and get the town car service so we aren't rushing about or getting our luggage at 2am. I really hope that the service improves to Disney standards once its been up and running for a bit.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom