Bad times for SGE

astro

Original Poster
As of late this attraction hasn't had it's fair share of luck.

This isn't a thread aimed at bashing the attraction but one to consider it's current state.

The other day Sarge's right arm came off during a show, leaving it dangling for all to see and with the chambers continuously playing up, e.g. one or both cannons down, screens down, increased/decreased smoke effect, the lack of hot dog burp smell and then the subsequent increased, nauseating hot dog burp smell, it leads me to ask - is it time for a refurb?

I don't want to use the words 'falling apart' but it seems it's coming close to that in the past few weeks.

I know most people want to see the back of this attraction ASAP but whether it is a realistic possibility remains to be seen.

Any word on the future of the attraction? Any upcoming refurbs or will maintenance continue to work on some of SGEs faults?

EpcotServo

That's not right...Sarge and all those effects should be upkept in small refurbs throughout the year instead of being run to death. Nothing lasts forever, and WDW needs to learn this and start bringing attractions down more regularly.

SeaCastle

Our insiders have said a replacement is coming, though I cannot remember if it will be in the near future or in the long term, when the whole of Tomorrowland is refurbished.

GymLeaderPhil

Many effects on Stitch have been neglected. There are a TON of them though.

Sarge's eyes haven't been working since earlier this year. The projections of Stitch (similar to the Yeti on Everest) have been deactivated following the first dark portion - though they turn it back on when WDI and other important individuals have scheduled visits. Various lights, water misters, and CO2 releases are not nearly as prominent - if you have the time ask to see both theaters to see how different effects are or are not working. The theaters could also really use a fresh coat of paint and a deep clean to remove all the mold from the water.

Despite the lack of upkeep they have recently installed an HD projector in one of the theaters.

Stitch would really benefit from some downtime, but I doubt it will ever receive it until a replacement is made.

BrerFrog

Our insiders have said a replacement is coming, though I cannot remember if it will be in the near future or in the long term, when the whole of Tomorrowland is refurbished.

First Frontierland and now Tomorrowland? I find it hard to believe, but I guess that is a good thing since I will be plesantly surprised instead of sadly disappointed.

Animaniac93-98

Arm falling off? That must be pretty upsetting to witness. I'm surprised there isn't an automatic shut off option like in HoP if there is a major AA failure.

Has the attraction ever been given a refurb?

Thumbelina

I think the only way I would go back on this ride if I got to see his arm fall off.
Sounds kinda funny to me. Im not a fan of SGE at all. They should find something else to replace it.

Jasonflz

When I went back in July for the fourth, (last year) the attraction was already showing it's age.

Fog effects weren't working, audio wasn't right, the chili dog smell didn't come on. Oddly enough, that was the first time since riding it in 2004/5 that I actually saw the guns working.

CaptainJackNO

I might get stoned for this, but I think it's time that the whole theater in the round is removed and a new dark ride true to the tomorrowland concept be added. What else can they do with that. Mission to Mars, then Alien Encounter, now Stitch's Great Escape. Enough, already. Tear the whole thing out and start anew. New attraction, new ride system. And if you have to tear out the gift shop and ice cream shop to expand, so be it. Just don't touch Cosmic Ray's. I love the Lounge Lizard, Sunny Eclipse.

Jasonflz

I might get stoned for this, but I think it's time that the whole theater in the round is removed and a new dark ride true to the tomorrowland concept be added. What else can they do with that. Mission to Mars, then Alien Encounter, now Stitch's Great Escape. Enough, already. Tear the whole thing out and start anew. New attraction, new ride system. And if you have to tear out the gift shop and ice cream shop to expand, so be it. Just don't touch Cosmic Ray's. I love the Lounge Lizard, Sunny Eclipse.

Not too criticize your concept (you have a good idea here) but even with the removal of the shops (which Disney would probably never do considering shops mean money), I don't think there would be enough room to contain a dark ride.

Rob562

Not too criticize your concept (you have a good idea here) but even with the removal of the shops (which Disney would probably never do considering shops mean money), I don't think there would be enough room to contain a dark ride.

Actually, there would be plenty of space.
By my (admittedly very rough) calculations, if they took all of the pre-show space, both show chambers and Mickey's Star Traders (leaving Merchant of Venus for the post-ride gift-shop) they have 22,000-23,000 sq feet of floor space to work with. That's just about half of Small World (which is about 43,000). That's huge!

(And even if my numbers are wrong to the AE/Stitch building, the comparison between the two is accurate, as I used measurements of the buildings off the same aerial photo.)

The added benefit would be that the TTA would then be able to look in on the attraction in the Star Traders section...

-Rob

Jasonflz

Actually, there would be plenty of space.
By my (admittedly very rough) calculations, if they took all of the pre-show space, both show chambers and Mickey's Star Traders (leaving Merchant of Venus for the post-ride gift-shop) they have 22,000-23,000 sq feet of floor space to work with. That's just about half of Small World (which is about 43,000). That's huge!

(And even if my numbers are wrong to the AE/Stitch building, the comparison between the two is accurate, as I used measurements of the buildings off the same aerial photo.)

The added benefit would be that the TTA would then be able to look in on the attraction in the Star Traders section...

-Rob

Removing Cosmic Ray's would even add more space.

cheezbat

Removing Cosmic Ray's would even add more space.

BLASPHEMY!!!!:eek:

There will be no touching of Sonny Eclipse. It's probably the most entertaining sit down restaurant in the MK...where else can you find singing animatronics in a restaurant at the park?

But seriously, go ahead and trash the rest of the building for a new dark ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom