Bad times for SGE

dxwwf3

Even this attraction should be in good working shape until it's time to close the doors for good. Hopefully a refurb will happen soon and it can at least have a shred of dignity ;)

SOLISIMO

Come to think about it the seats were never replaced correct. So those same seats have been in that theater since the openning of Alien encounter:lookaroun

Kamikaze

First Frontierland and now Tomorrowland? I find it hard to believe, but I guess that is a good thing since I will be plesantly surprised instead of sadly disappointed.

None of those rumors ever have any kind of timetable. So yes, eventually the rumor will be right.

It could be in 20 years, though.

spacebaby

The only special effect' which worked in the chair when I did the attraction a couple of weeks back was when Stitch jumped from one person to the other - no breathing, no bad smells or any other trick they usually pull was evident - It just didn't seem right. Even the smoke in the transport chamber was missing so everyone could see Stitch being lowered to really kill the illusion. I guess it was the start of the end.

hrcollectibles

I think the only way I would go back on this ride if I got to see his arm fall off.
Sounds kinda funny to me. Im not a fan of SGE at all. They should find something else to replace it.

Its not a ride its an attraction... The last time I experienced Stitch's reat Escape everything worked fine. This was a few weeks ago.

Did Knee

It's time they locked Stitch up for good (or move him to the Tiki Room...)

That would be cool...They could have him eat the annoying "New Management" birds in the first part of the show and then go back to the old show for the rest of it. Heck, I'd PAY to see that! :eek::lol:

CaptainJackNO

Not too criticize your concept (you have a good idea here) but even with the removal of the shops (which Disney would probably never do considering shops mean money), I don't think there would be enough room to contain a dark ride.

I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it....LOL

A guy can dream, though.:wave:

Anybody ever wish stitch would get out and not be able to be put back in the time porter? Sometimes I wish they would leave an entrance door open so he could escape for good. Then, they would have to have a new attraction.:lookaroun:lookaroun

CaptainJackNO

BLASPHEMY!!!!:eek:

There will be no touching of Sonny Eclipse. It's probably the most entertaining sit down restaurant in the MK...where else can you find singing animatronics in a restaurant at the park?

But seriously, go ahead and trash the rest of the building for a new dark ride.

LOL.....I agree Totally. I love finishing at least one night in Cosmic Ray's. That's as close to table service you can get in a counter restaurant. The show is great. It never gets old.

"Bright little star, are you wishing the same wish as me? All alone in your own galaxy" Sad that I know that song, huh? :lol:

rdour@techminds

My biggest issue has been the lack of real binaural audio during many of my visits. I don't mind the attraction, but it is a total fail if only one of the two ear level speakers is working. Even worst, when I'm willing to try the attraction immediately after the experience is over, no cast member can direct me to a working seat. This tells me there is no attention to detail when the day begins.

They need to make it part of the procedure that a sound check occur in a rotation every day. They could simply use a two tone audio test, and have the cast member mark down the seat number or numbers, and which speaker had failed. Then overnight they can fix the problem. I doubt it is difficult to fix the situation, and the result is going to be a happier audience. To me, stereo fail in this attraction is the worst thing that could be wrong.

LordHelmut

Not too criticize your concept (you have a good idea here) but even with the removal of the shops (which Disney would probably never do considering shops mean money), I don't think there would be enough room to contain a dark ride.

To paraphrase doc brown 'Marty you're just not thinking 4th dimensionally' , rides don't have to exist on the same 2-D plane.... they can sometimes go up, or down !

It is "tomorrowland" how about a structure that actually looks futuristic instead of 'space disaster movie of the 80's, where everything is dark...'

plutoismyhero

Our insiders have said a replacement is coming, though I cannot remember if it will be in the near future or in the long term, when the whole of Tomorrowland is refurbished.

Who are your insiders?????
And i think we need a tron attraction!!!!! that involves light cycles!!!!

Jasonflz

BLASPHEMY!!!!:eek:

There will be no touching of Sonny Eclipse. It's probably the most entertaining sit down restaurant in the MK...where else can you find singing animatronics in a restaurant at the park?

But seriously, go ahead and trash the rest of the building for a new dark ride.

:) I never suggested removing it, just that it would make more space. (I love Cosmic Ray's as well)

To paraphrase doc brown 'Marty you're just not thinking 4th dimensionally' , rides don't have to exist on the same 2-D plane.... they can sometimes go up, or down !

It is "tomorrowland" how about a structure that actually looks futuristic instead of 'space disaster movie of the 80's, where everything is dark...'

:lol: It could work. (Sci-fi City V.2)

I was thinking the same thing when I wrote it....LOL

A guy can dream, though.:wave:

Anybody ever wish stitch would get out and not be able to be put back in the time porter? Sometimes I wish they would leave an entrance door open so he could escape for good. Then, they would have to have a new attraction.:lookaroun:lookaroun

:DYes!

Bravo 229

Why not make two attractions out of one? They could keep one room for SGE (and clean it up of course!) and then create a newer version of Alien Encounter for the other room. I'm sure they could configure a way to split the building up so there would be two seperate entrances and preshow areas, there's a lot of room on the west side of the building where the extended queue currently sits - and then they could exit into their current locations. It might sound like a crazy idea, but it would give guests an alternative option and add another attraction to TL.

RSoxNo1

To me, Stitch's Great Escape isn't a huge problem right now. I do feel that Stitch should have his own attraction, the problem is that this one isn't particularly good. What could be cool is making a version of Stitch Encounter that uses the great animatronics instead of a video screen. Sure, it might be strange having two Living Character Shows next to one another, but I'd think they would be different enough for it to work.

BrerFrog

Why not make two attractions out of one? They could keep one room for SGE (and clean it up of course!) and then create a newer version of Alien Encounter for the other room. I'm sure they could configure a way to split the building up so there would be two seperate entrances and preshow areas, there's a lot of room on the west side of the building where the extended queue currently sits - and then they could exit into their current locations. It might sound like a crazy idea, but it would give guests an alternative option and add another attraction to TL.

It sounds like a good idea. Sadly, I don't see TDO approving the rebuilding of an old attraction that was removed.

To me, Stitch's Great Escape isn't a huge problem right now. I do feel that Stitch should have his own attraction, the problem is that this one isn't particularly good. What could be cool is making a version of Stitch Encounter that uses the great animatronics instead of a video screen. Sure, it might be strange having two Living Character Shows next to one another, but I'd think they would be different enough for it to work.
This is an excellent idea , but remove Stitch from TL. He belongs in Fantasyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom