bad service at restaurants?

kimmychad

Original Poster
hi i was just wondering what restaurants people consistently have had bad service at? rain forest definitely for us, they would just let us sit there like they didnt even notice us.

happymom52003

It has been hit or miss with us. I am not sure how much of it has to do with the actual restaurant or bad luck on which waiter you get. We have eaten at CRT twice....the first time we had a wonderful waitress who truly treated us like royalty, and the second time we had a waiter who was rude and rushed us. It has pretty much been the same at all of the places we have eaten at more than once. Although whether it is my imagination or not, overall service has seemed to drop some over the years at all of the restaurants we eat at at WDW. It has gotten to the point where we feel lucky if we have a good waiter, vs. feeling unlucky if we get a bad one.

crazydaveh

I have had great service all over WDW this summer. Of course, I could pick out everything that wasn't done right, but overall, I would give the restaurant service the following grades:

DTD: A- Planet Hollywood slow to get food, but waitress was awesome and hot!

AK: B nothing great, nothing bad, simple, kept drinks full and food out in quality time

MK: A. Food lines moved fast at the counter places and had top notch service at two of the sit downs.

Studios: A+ Brown Derby waitress never let my water get less than 1/4 empty and really went out of her way to make sure my allergies to onions didn't come into play. To date, she's the only waitress to bring out the chef to talk about it. Also, bartenders at 50's were fast and great with their pours!

EPCOT: B-. France was snooty, but couldn't tell if they were in character or just pretending to be at home.

Narcoosee's: A++ Awesome food out in reasonable time with great spirits and wait staff.

There's more, but that's the main places I've been to recently.

bgraham34

I have had bad service at Tony's 2 years in a row and we have not gone back since 2004. The food was ok we just liked the atmosphere.

Mystic

We've had problems at O'hana's and at Chef Mickey's, both of which we won't return to. We've had so-so service at Rose and Crown but we do continue to return there as we like the food. Best service we had on our last trip was at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner the night we attended MVMCP.

kimmychad

Original Poster
We've had problems at O'hana's and at Chef Mickey's, both of which we won't return to. We've had so-so service at Rose and Crown but we do continue to return there as we like the food. Best service we had on our last trip was at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner the night we attended MVMCP.

yeah alot of people complain about ohana, but we just love the food there, even though it isnt the best service.
but chef mickeys is buffet, how could the waiter/waitress screw that up?

NewfieFan

For the most part we had good service at all the places we ate. Our servers at Hollywood & Vine (Play 'n Dine) and at the Rose & Crown were the best!!! The only restaurant I didn't get that Disney feel was at the Coral Reef. It's not that the server was mean, he just wasn't nice either - he was just there kind of doing his job on autopilot. But it didn't ruin it for me b/c the food was good there and the ambiance can't be beat!
Also, I liked to mention that we did alot of character meals and the only one I wasn't impressed with was Donald's Breakfastosaurus. It may have had to do with the time we were eating (it was a late breakfast seating) but we felt very rushed and the characters were literally running between tables. They'd sign the autograph book and barely pose for a pic. Now I know they are changing this character meal and moving it out of this location. I don't know if that will change things or not. I personally won't be going back. I liked Chef Mickey's a whole lot more and it has better breakfast food in my opinion.

Mystic

yeah alot of people complain about ohana, but we just love the food there, even though it isnt the best service.
but chef mickeys is buffet, how could the waiter/waitress screw that up?

It wasn't so much bad service as just an overall really bad experience and not one we want to repeat.

bugsbunny

I can't recall EVER having bad service at Liberty Tree the 10 or so times I've eaten dinner there. 50's Prime Time seems to be hit or miss with the staff, although I like their food. The Brown Derby has been superb in wait staff and food every time I've been there.

And Ken at the Trails End at Fort Wilderness might just be the best waiter on the property. He's been there for like 20 years now. Just a great guy. :sohappy:

ThinkTink721

The service was great at every restaurant where we ate last wk. except for maybe PH.
O'hana's Best Friends b'fast & Chef Mickey's would have to be the 2 top picks during our trip as far as service goes.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Like you, about the only place that I have had "bad" service is at Rainforest. I honestly can not think of a time that sticks out at other restaurant that I would define as bad. Sure, I have had the odd server that might not have been as attentive or enthusiastic as I like but they have always done their job.

RayLaVeau

Yes Chef Mickey's was the worst...at least for us...did ya guys hear that...c'mon now!

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I have reservations for Chef Mickey's, and am still hearing bad reviews... should I try for somewhere else? or is it worth it to have the experience whether it be good or bad?

mary219

I have reservations for Chef Mickey's, and am still hearing bad reviews... should I try for somewhere else? or is it worth it to have the experience whether it be good or bad?

I had a a great bkfast buffet at chef mickeys.I cant see the dinner being bad.Our service was fine.Its a good place to eat.the characters were fun to see.I plan on dinner there next time.

haggerwood

bad service

We went to O'Hana's on Friday night and the waitress was incredibly rude to us throughout the meal. She also started an argument with another waitress right by our table and then tried to drag us into it by explaining how the other waitress caused the row by being mean to her etc etc. It was amazing I felt as if I was at Waffle House. That aside the girl at Norway wasn't as bad but when I finished my drink during the appertiser she kind of rolled her eyes and asked "do you NEED another drink ?" which was kind of a lazy attitude considering we still had two courses to go. On the other hand we had a great waitress at Le Cellier who was friendly, sincere and fast. We had pretty good service at Planet Hollywood and good service at Marrakesh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom