Backpack on rides?

lemonade

I'm going to the Magic Kingdom in a week with my niece and nephew who are 10 and 9. I'd like to take a backpack to hold our "stuff" cameras, ponchos, water bottles, cell phone. Anyway, if I don't stuff it too full will I be able to take it on the rides? Or will I have to put it in a locker?
I know at Islands of Adventure I was able to take my backpack on most rides (not including coasters) without a problem.

durhay

Let's recap

Okay, we aren't supposed to bring backpacks or umbrellas, drink bottled water, and we should put sunscreen on only once.

Personally, I bring a Sherpa with me to carry all my stuff.

Upvote 0
Fitting things in a pack is very difficult for me, as I'm used to carrying half my exsistance in a suitcase sized purse...but that's another story. Though, some of the packs that are on the market now are as large as back packs, and may bump into just as many people. I don't see anything wrong with carrying a back pack if you are mindful of those around you.

Upvote 0

lemonade

Original Poster
Re: Let's recap

Originally posted by durhay
Okay, we aren't supposed to bring backpacks or umbrellas, drink bottled water, and we should put sunscreen on only once.

Personally, I bring a Sherpa with me to carry all my stuff.
ROTFLMBO!!! :lol:

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

a couple of disney trips ago i bought a cute little backpack (it really is small though, you couldnt ever fit a book in it) and it is just big enough to put a poncho, sunscreen, sunglasses, eyedrops, $, and a hairbrush. the complete disney package LOL

Upvote 0

all_good_chic

YOu know there is nothing worse then waiting in line for 45 min in insane heat, being tired and having kids around you wine about wanting to go on dumbo when all of a sudden a guy turns around and hits you with his backpack without saying sorry or acknowledging he did anything wrong...so i kinda see where these anti-backpack people are coming from...but i too swear by a backpack and I know i could not live with out one caring my stuff. And i know i have hit a person once or twice but i always say sorry :) SO as long as you are wearing your backpack for good and not evil go on and wear it! Oh and sunscreen should be reapplied every two hours to insure no sun damage! NO matter how high-tech the brand it is or what skin type you have! remember sunburn=skin cancer so be safe and carry it in a backpack!:)

Upvote 0

Passport

Firstly, I leave room between me and the person in front of me. That way I never get bumped.
And secondly, are we still talking about this? It has been 5 days!

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
How is that possible?

Originally posted by Passport
Firstly, I leave room between me and the person in front of me. That way I never get bumped.
And secondly, are we still talking about this? It has been 5 days!

When you are in a "switchback" line, then folks with back packs are in front of you, in back of you and to the left and right of you. If your "next door neighbor" in line turns around, you get hit with his/her backpack. Also a quality sunscreen with an SPF of 15 only requires application once per day if you apply it properly.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I use a product called "Bullfrog" which says it is 6 hour waterproof protection. I've been using it for years, and neither I nor anyone in my family has gotten a sunburn when it has been applied properly (gotta watch that little spot under your arm ;)) I never go the full 6 hours without reappling, but have gone 3-4 at the beach/pool....with the kids going in and out of the water. Is it 100% effective? Only time will tell...but it's effective in preventing sunburns.
Make sure you apply sunscreen (initially) BEFORE going outside, and don't skimp! ;)

Upvote 0

tiggerlover1971

talsonic my husband did go one year just appling sunscreen once it was a 50 thinking he didnt have to reapply cause it was a verygood one he got sunpoisioning he is very fairskinned YOU NEED TO REAPPLY SUNBLOCK read the bottle all of them say it so stop saying you only need to reapply it once maybe you have dark skin already and thats why you only need to reapply once Well for all the people who are fairskinned and who dont go into sun(like me) wear and reapply sunblock

Upvote 0

Passport

Re: How is that possible?

Originally posted by Talsonic

When you are in a "switchback" line, then folks with back packs are in front of you, in back of you and to the left and right of you. If your "next door neighbor" in line turns around, you get hit with his/her backpack. Also a quality sunscreen with an SPF of 15 only requires application once per day if you apply it properly.
I guess I have been lucky. I do not get nudged by other peoples belongings. It might be because of them, it might be because of me. Either way I have no problems.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I would always carry cameras and etc. in my pack. But when I go in Sept. it is to hot for me to carry the pack all day. So usually I just use a pack. That way I can keep my wallet and small camera in it.

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
The sun is our friend.

In my experience (I am a blue eyed, fair skinned male), Hawaiian Tropic Plus (SPF 15) provides all day protection if it is used properly. First, it must be applied at least 30 minutes prior to sun exposure to any and all of parts of your skin that are exposed. You must vigorously rub it into your skin. It contains Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Octyl Salicylate and Titanium Dioxide. It is waterproof and will not wash off or "sweat off". It can be removed with soap and water or vigorous toweling. It provides UVA/UVB and IR sun ray protection. I was a lifeguard for many years at a public beach in Florida so I have some experience in this area. Coppertone makes a good sunscreen too. Certainly for special cases such as babies, sunscreen should not be used. Babies should be kept out of the sun. Also, some folks have allergies that would prevent them from using these products and they too should avoid direct and reflected sunlight. Also, always wear a hat! :wave:

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Wonderful Place!

Originally posted by TinkerBell9988
Oooo-kay, thanks for the info, Talsonic. I never knew that much about... sunscreeen :lookaroun .

Since you live in south Florida, you need to learn all you can about sunscreen. I spent six of the warmest winters of my life in Homestead, so you have my sympathy. Good luck!

:lol:
:lol::lol::animwink::dazzle:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom